Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Go Light [FAQ & Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Go Light [FAQ & Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I'm EBS and I booked flight from GOT to VIE (via CPH) on a Go Light fare. GOT to CPH segment is on ATR operated by "Regional Jet". SAS.se shows no baggage allowance for this flight (it correctly shows one bag for outbound flight, which is wholly operated by SAS), despite my status. I presume this is because there is a flight not operated by SAS. I wonder if this is just an IT glitch, or if there's really no extra baggage on this flight. I understand there is no extra baggage for EBS on codeshares, but I assumed that wet leases are considered to be SAS flights for these purposes.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:11 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Lounge experience in ARN/OSL also sub par to a SEN lounge in MUC/FRA.
I am not sure if I would agree here. After refurbishment lounges in ARN/OSL are not that far from LH lounges (my assessment: drinks - parity, food - LH slightly better, seating - parity). CPH is another story, though.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by the810
I'm EBS and I booked flight from GOT to VIE (via CPH) on a Go Light fare. GOT to CPH segment is on ATR operated by "Regional Jet". SAS.se shows no baggage allowance for this flight (it correctly shows one bag for outbound flight, which is wholly operated by SAS), despite my status. I presume this is because there is a flight not operated by SAS. I wonder if this is just an IT glitch, or if there's really no extra baggage on this flight. I understand there is no extra baggage for EBS on codeshares, but I assumed that wet leases are considered to be SAS flights for these purposes.
This is a glitch. You get the same allowance on wetleases. The website is not behaving for wetleases though. I have been experienced other troubles as well. Point earning are not computed, and, occasionally, even seat selection was not possible. It is a shame that they cannot shield the customers better from their internal organization, but at least the flight should be fine.
the810 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:03 am

E Lounge experience in ARN/OSL/CPH also sub par to a SEN lounge in MUC/FRA.
Food and beverage in LH lounges are definately far better. But to my taste the decor and design is hugely uninspiring - always reminds me of a doctors waiting room. So damned neutral. But luckily we are all different.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
This morning in LLA: scanned my app QR code in one of the kiosks to print my baggage tag. Machine came back with a text in Swedish roughly saying 'no bag included in your ticket'. Went to the checkin counter, agent tapped a few keys after scanning the same QR code, asked 'only one bag?' and checked my bag without any comment, even added a red *A priority tag. 😜
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
This morning in LLA: scanned my app QR code in one of the kiosks to print my baggage tag. Machine came back with a text in Swedish roughly saying 'no bag included in your ticket'. Went to the checkin counter, agent tapped a few keys after scanning the same QR code, asked 'only one bag?' and checked my bag without any comment, even added a red *A priority tag. 😜
I wouldn't even try a SAS kiosk, considering how awful their systems are in recognizing status. I've also had to ask for the orange tag to be put on a few times in CPH, do the agents there think its only for EB *G?? At least their tag is the type that can just be stuck on top, not between the white tag. In STR, they actually once put the orange tag on even when I was *S and my bag did end up coming out nearly first.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by zeer0
I wouldn't even try a SAS kiosk, considering how awful their systems are in recognizing status. I've also had to ask for the orange tag to be put on a few times in CPH, do the agents there think its only for EB *G?? At least their tag is the type that can just be stuck on top, not between the white tag. In STR, they actually once put the orange tag on even when I was *S and my bag did end up coming out nearly first.
The orange tag is mainly decorative anyway. The actual priority handling such as it is comes from the bar code. And you'll notice the tag has the word priority as well.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by TPJ
I am not sure if I would agree here. After refurbishment lounges in ARN/OSL are not that far from LH lounges (my assessment: drinks - parity, food - LH slightly better, seating - parity). CPH is another story, though.
Uhm no, the highly uncomfortable chairs, the cold-food only salad buffet with cat food style tuna and undrinkable coffee does not compare to the very comfortable LH-lounge seats with power at every chair, bar with bartenders, warm meal options, pretzels, drinkable coffee and beer and staff coming around with snacks or even a spa. Ignoring small conveniences like having multiple lounges per terminal and behind passport control instead of a single lounge miles away from anything you might use.

About the only thing I rate better in an SK lounge is the wifi and even that has it ups and downs.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The orange tag is mainly decorative anyway. The actual priority handling such as it is comes from the bar code. And you'll notice the tag has the word priority as well.
At hubs yes. At smaller airports or ones where Star Alliance doesn't have a big presence I have a gut feeling it's still at least partially based on the tag.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Which would be all well and nice if priority luggage actually worked, at OSL for example!
FlyingFilmGuy likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by zeer0
At h​​​​​​ubs yes. At smaller airports or ones where Star Alliance doesn't have a big presence I have a gut feeling it's still at least partially based on the tag.
At smaller airports, I would say random coincidence rules the day for order of bag delivery.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Go Light flights now on US long haul as well

SK recently announced that they will be extending the Go Light concept to the US routes as well. I guess HBO is here to stay, and here to grow. Luckily not quite in the form of the US basic economy fares, and as long as the *G bag remains I guess it is not a bad thing for the frequent travellers.

https://www.sasgroup.net/en/sas-laun...-travel-light/
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:45 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
It is to be seen how long will it be until SK tries to cut more out of what SK passengers to/from the US get for the "Go Light" type of fares?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
It is to be seen how long will it be until SK tries to cut more out of what SK passengers to/from the US get for the "Go Light" type of fares?
The Intra European setup has lasted quite long without cuts. But yes, it is never set in stone.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The Intra European setup has lasted quite long without cuts. But yes, it is never set in stone.
I think this is due to DY that has also a checked bag perk in its FFP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.