Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Go Light [FAQ & Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Go Light [FAQ & Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just booked a trip for work via their amadeus system, of course my LH*G was not added. Took a look a the booking on sas.se and was able to add my LH FFP number which duly registered, but my *G was not really recognised. Anyway, after adding my FFP number I could suddenly pick seats for free on the inbound, luggage still doesn't show as available. Lounge access in TRD is shown, but not for MUC & OSL :

View Screen Capture
SAS never changes bag allowance online even if you have your *G in the system. I think it only recognizes EB status for baggage. You'll still get a free piece at check in as the agents see it fine. However for everything else including seating, it does recognize *G status.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:06 am

just as an update, flew my SAS Go Light segment from LHR to CPH without paid baggage. I have A3 *G and the check in agent checked my bag without batting an eye.

hope this helps any other person in the same situation.
TPJ and FlyingFilmGuy like this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:10 am
formerly kiwi_norway

Programs: A3*G, NZ*S, Avis PC
Originally Posted by hkgg
just as an update, flew my SAS Go Light segment from LHR to CPH without paid baggage. I have A3 *G and the check in agent checked my bag without batting an eye.

hope this helps any other person in the same situation.
Thanks hkgg! All very helpful.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:54 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by kiwi_norway
Thanks hkgg! All very helpful.
+ 1 (btw... just used a new 'like' button )
FlyingFilmGuy likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:21 am

I travelled several times from TXL and DUS on a Go light fare as UA*G. I never had any issues with checking 1 piece of luggage. I usually show the physical card, though. There is no reason to be concerned.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Greetings from ARN. Tried to check my luggage in MUC with the LH automated machines, promptly got denied. 'You are booked on a fare that does not include a baggage allowance. Please go to the business class check-in desk.....'. At the F/SEN desk the agent checked my one suitcase without saying anything...
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:13 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Greetings from ARN. Tried to check my luggage in MUC with the LH automated machines, promptly got denied. 'You are booked on a fare that does not include a baggage allowance. Please go to the business class check-in desk.....'. At the F/SEN desk the agent checked my one suitcase without saying anything...
At least you didn't get the response: "The machine decides [.... and I can't do anything about it]."
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:06 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I wonder, if this is because LH does not offer any free allowance on Light fares to XX*G, so the kiosk assumed it is the same for SK?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by TPJ
I wonder, if this is because LH does not offer any free allowance on Light fares to XX*G, so the kiosk assumed it is the same for SK?
I wonder whether the agent approved it because there was an explicit instruction from SK (against the machine), or because he is an LH/SEN, and this is what is (obviously) done for SEN on LH flights ...
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by wazow
I wonder whether the agent approved it because there was an explicit instruction from SK (against the machine), or because he is an LH/SEN, and this is what is (obviously) done for SEN on LH flights ...
I'm sure he would have had to pay for the luggage with a LH Light ticket. No SEN bonus there.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:42 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

No baggage for SEN on LH HBO fares...
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Would love for LH to read this thread and realize their idiocracy of providing their elites with far better benefits flying anyone other than LH group carriers. And it's not like intra-Europe LH flights are full of Sen/HON/*G for them to save money on with bag fees. Flew with them a few times over the summer during peak hours and I think I was the only *G alongside ~5 FTL's. I could see on the gate agents' computers for all flights there were very few elites.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by zeer0
Would love for LH to read this thread and realize their idiocracy of providing their elites with far better benefits flying anyone other than LH group carriers. And it's not like intra-Europe LH flights are full of Sen/HON/*G for them to save money on with bag fees.
LH management would pat themselves on the back for a job well done. You'll still be flying LH-group considerably for SEN status and their competitors are handing you the perks. If other airlines want to give you a free bag on a HBO fare, which goes against the idea of "hang baggage only" fares, while increasing cost on micro-margins, I think LH is only encouraging that.

Few people make SEN by exclusively flying SK HBO-fares intra-EU.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
No baggage for SEN on LH HBO fares...
Oh, I did not know about this
(note to self: remember this when considering SEN, if AB goes entirely down).
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by zeer0
Would love for LH to read this thread and realize their idiocracy of providing their elites with far better benefits flying anyone other than LH group carriers.
Erm, sorry, SAS intra-europe is nowhere close to LH. Ancient B736 aircraft, tight seating and nothing but tea and coffee given for free. Lounge experience in ARN/OSL/CPH also sub par to a SEN lounge in MUC/FRA. Later this month I have a light fare with nada to TRD for 386EUR. . This ticket was 167EUR to LLA, so I'm not complaining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.