Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

No newspapers in lounges anymore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:14 am
ksu
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G

New "enhancement". Newspapers removed from domestic lounge at OSL yesterday. Presume it is systemwide, as SAS writes on FB: "Vi har valt att satsa på digital läsning för våra loungebesökare för att begränsa vår miljöpåverkan och tillmötesgå förändringar i våra kunders digitala efterfrågan."
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:20 am

Let's all Ask Eivind - he will surely tell us why on the April's issue of the on-board magazine...

G
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:24 am
ksu
Original Poster

I asked on Facebook and got this piece of classical newspeak back:
"Hei Øyvind, tack för ditt inlägg! Vi har valt att satsa på digital läsning för våra loungebesökare för att begränsa vår miljöpåverkan och tillmötesgå förändringar i våra kunders digitala efterfrågan. När det gäller magasin, finns de fortsatt i pappersformat. /Vänligen, Nina"

So the contract lounges on outstations have been closed to make the hub lounges in Scandinavia better. The first improvement is to remove the newspapers.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:32 am

As nature unfriendly and wasteful it may be, I've always liked my printed paper, good excuse not only to catch-up with the news but also to get my eyes off from all those devices, especially when you've been staring at a laptop all day or replying to work e-mails via iPhone on the move. Now that I'm no longer allowed to use the lounge, I'm glad that BHX airport has a well-stocked stand (a bit tricky to find, but it's there) with The Times, The Sun and a few magazines

G
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:33 am

Yes! And be happy SAS forces you to become 'digital'! Isn't that a great thing...
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:20 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I'm a fan of reading ink on paper. So the move away from paper newspapers and magazines in lounges, at the gates or on planes is not something I welcome.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
While I like to read printed meida, I can honestly say that I have never once picked up a paper in a SAS lounge or onboard. The papers/magazines on offer were never interesting.

Quite amazing that I could always find a few alternatives walking around MUC. Free coffee and newspapers in MUC, only free coffee when travelling with SAS. Strange times.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: EBG, FBG, SPG Gold, CC Gold, etc.
Team - you know what to do:
http://www.care.flysas.com/SelfServi...kForm/?lang=EN

I just sent in a formal complaint and would implore you all to do the same - whining in the forums definitely won't lead to anything.

Last edited by Everest; Mar 3, 2017 at 1:37 pm Reason: Corrected URL
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
There are no newspapers in CPH lounge today (and the butter is no longer butter). Just a sign that everything is in the app. The shelves look really really sad. Soon this lounge will look like an empty industrial storage space.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by wazow
There are no newspapers in CPH lounge today (and the butter is no longer butter). Just a sign that everything is in the app.
So the butter is extracted from the app? Wow, thats really 4.0! Eivind will surely talk about that!

PS: there is actually an app called 'Butter'
Old Mar 4, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Thanks for the warning about the (lack of) butter....
Guess I'll have to bring my own if I want rundstykker with butter for breakfast in the future.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by wazow
There are no newspapers in CPH lounge today (and the butter is no longer butter). Just a sign that everything is in the app. The shelves look really really sad. Soon this lounge will look like an empty industrial storage space.

The butter hasn't been butter in ARN for a while now, I think. Helps reduce my carb intake!
Old Mar 4, 2017, 2:48 am
ksu
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Everest
Team - you know what to do:
http://www.care.flysas.com/SelfServi...kForm/?lang=EN

I just sent in a formal complaint and would implore you all to do the same - whining in the forums definitely won't lead to anything.
Done
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:09 am

I don't mind no printed papers. Can't remember last time I picked up a copy of the FT. However, what I struggle with is reading the papers on the phone app given there's no iPad app.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I liked to read "Dagens Industri" but then, I find my patterns change even if I was one of the dinosaurs of paper-likers -> I see very few people reading papers in lounge anymore including me, but instead I like to have some newspapers with me during take-off and landing when you cant use electronic devices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.