Search

ARN-OSL tickets

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:03 pm
tff
Original Poster

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
ARN-OSL tickets

I'll be visiting Sweden and Norway in June and I'm looking for a ARN-OSL flight. The lowest price with SAS - except for an early morning flight which is not the best option for holidays - is €90. According to your experience, is this the lowest expectable price (and therefore I should purchase it soon) or is it likely that it will go down and/or is it likely that some promotion might be launched? Many thanks in advance.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by tff
I'll be visiting Sweden and Norway in June and I'm looking for a ARN-OSL flight. The lowest price with SAS - except for an early morning flight which is not the best option for holidays - is €90. According to your experience, is this the lowest expectable price (and therefore I should purchase it soon) or is it likely that it will go down and/or is it likely that some promotion might be launched? Many thanks in advance.
I would not expect it to go significantly lower. There may be a few campaigns coming, but I would book now at that price if my plans were in place.

Just remember to check that it is not a Lite fare if you need checked luggage.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I would not expect it to go significantly lower. There may be a few campaigns coming, but I would book now at that price if my plans were in place.

Just remember to check that it is not a Lite fare if you need checked luggage.
It seems like there are no Light tickets between ARN, CPH and OSL. And promotions for those routes are rare.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
For that price I'd book it immediately and not look back, you mind find a points promotion at some point for intra-Scandinavian travel as they like EB-members to waste their points on those. Getting a better price through a fare promotion on that route is unlikely.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:49 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, EBS, HH Silver
Hi,

in my experience, they rarely go lower and its best to lock-them in before they are gone.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 4:47 am
BCC

Programs: Eurobonus Gold
Or you can take the train for 1/3 that price. It may only take 1 hour longer from Stockholm Central to Oslo. if you think about traveling to Arlanda, check in, waiting, flying and traveling to Oslo Centre.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:54 am
tff
Original Poster

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Dear all, thank you very much for your prompt replies. I'll check the train first and depending on the price and duration, I'll proceed (or not) to booking the tickets.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by tff
Dear all, thank you very much for your prompt replies. I'll check the train first and depending on the price and duration, I'll proceed (or not) to booking the tickets.
And if your travel is from central Oslo to central Stockholm you need to take airport transportation into consideration. The cheapest in Oslo is 10 euro (regional trains), and on the Stockholm side the airport express train is around 25 euros (busses are probably cheaper). I would add atleast 25 euro extra per person.

I haven't taken the train to Stockholm since the last millennium because the timings doesn't work for business travel, but I would guess it's great for leisure travel. More space and a half decent view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.