Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Checked Bag on LX when booking through SK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2016, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold

I'm looking at an itinerary ZRH-ARN-EDI. The fare basis seems to book into SAS Go, according to the ITA fare rules, however the ZRH-ARN leg is on LX codeshare. The reason why I'm trying to book with SK is to avoid baggage fees. Does anyone have any experience buying SK Go fares and how they map to LX? Will it be an LX Light fare (with no free bags) or Standard?

Thanks.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 3:57 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
As far as I have know you cannot book Go Light on a code share so your LX flight would be Go.

But for sure if you are *G you will get an additional checked bag since SK and LX are two different carriers (also in LH's interpretation).
Old Sep 21, 2016, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Bear in mind that LX as a codeshare means you won't get advanced seat reservations (even if you pay) and probably won't be able to do online check in.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Question

Originally Posted by Jainzar
As far as I have know you cannot book Go Light on a code share so your LX flight would be Go.

But for sure if you are *G you will get an additional checked bag since SK and LX are two different carriers (also in LH's interpretation).
Perhaps I should be more clear, the LX light fares don't allow any free bags, even as *G. If I book through SK will the fare be mapped to an LX Light fare, or Standard fare?

Originally Posted by klmml
Bear in mind that LX as a codeshare means you won't get advanced seat reservations (even if you pay) and probably won't be able to do online check in.
There is no ability to get an LX PNR code?
Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Mixed carrier itins are always 'classic' on LX/H/OS, so no worries there. SK 'light'/HBO fares are only available on flights operated by SK metal anyways, so no worries there too.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Perhaps I should be more clear, the LX light fares don't allow any free bags, even as *G. If I book through SK will the fare be mapped to an LX Light fare, or Standard fare?
I think you cannot book a light fare for a code share, so I think you cannot buy a SK light fare when parts of the itinerary are on partner metal.

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
There is no ability to get an LX PNR code?
You can access the booking using the PNR received but often enough not select seats on a code share. Common problem within *A.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by fassy
You can access the booking using the PNR received but often enough not select seats on a code share. Common problem within *A.
Normally ASR is fine with LH but not with LX. According to LX, it's something to do with the way they charge for seats. No idea why OLCI is impossible though.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: SAS/A* DIAMOND/GOLD, GHA Black, HHonors Diamond
I flew CPH-ZHR and GVA-CPH on LX last week, on light tickets, and had a bag checked in as Gold without any fees.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by klmml
Normally ASR is fine with LH but not with LX. According to LX, it's something to do with the way they charge for seats. No idea why OLCI is impossible though.
OLCI used to work for me with LX even on code shares but havn't tried for a while. ASR is an issue with LH as well, e.g. I recently had a UA ticket with LH segments on a code share and there was no way to get ASR.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by don_hansen
I flew CPH-ZHR and GVA-CPH on LX last week, on light tickets, and had a bag checked in as Gold without any fees.
Same for me some months ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.