Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Lounge Options Washington (IAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Lounge Options Washington (IAD)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Eurobonus
SAS lounge in Washington Dulles?

I have a few hours to kill in Dulles - does SAS have a lounge or a cooperation?
Old Aug 7, 2011, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by Bendixen
I have a few hours to kill in Dulles - does SAS have a lounge or a cooperation?
Yes, a relatively new LH lounge.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
http://www.staralliance.com/en/servi...rport/iad/iad/
Old May 6, 2014, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Perhaps someone should update the SK web site. It's still listing the NW WorldClub at IAD as the lounge used. Of course, with the DL merger several years ago, there is no longer a NW lounge.
Old May 7, 2014, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
LH lounge is nice. I was there in April, free alcohol (I don't drink), and hot food. IMO better than the cph lounge.
Old May 8, 2014, 4:03 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
As stated the LH lounge, it's very close to SK's regular departure gate. There is a burrito and sandwich place just a few gates away which provide considerably better food than the lounge however.
Old May 8, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: SK Diamond
Is the LH lounge the one that is used for Business/Plus pax without *G?

I was on a weekendtrip to D.C. myself in the end of april, and visited the LH Senator lounge on IAD with my EBG-card. As other have mentioned, it's fairly close to the B40/38 gates that SK uses. Nice, but small, lounge. I guess 90% of all seats where taken when I was there. Good (and warm) food, which is a plus - especially when your optiontown-request failed making you stuck in a small SAS go-seat for the next 8 hours...
Old May 8, 2014, 9:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The LH IAD lounge is very popular with the UA crowd: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-merged.html
Old May 8, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The LH IAD lounge is very popular with the UA crowd: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-merged.html
Well, UA does not allow us into their crappy lounges if we are flying domestic. And they also cut back their dinner hours. So a 19:00 flight is too late for dinner in F class! Great place to get some food. And it's definitely better than some burrito place in the terminal. It looks like they cut back on the champagne though. A really, really awful sparking wine that was semi-sweet.
Old May 20, 2014, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
As stated the LH lounge, it's very close to SK's regular departure gate. There is a burrito and sandwich place just a few gates away which provide considerably better food than the lounge however.
Are you kidding?! The LH lounge -- at least the Senator/First one -- has a great buffet that will satisfy the fussiest meat eater, vegetarian or even vegan. How could a burrito come close to some classic European country dishes? This is the only good thing at all of IAD, given how squalid the UA terminal and facilities are there.
Old May 20, 2014, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Are you kidding?! The LH lounge -- at least the Senator/First one -- has a great buffet that will satisfy the fussiest meat eater, vegetarian or even vegan. How could a burrito come close to some classic European country dishes? This is the only good thing at all of IAD, given how squalid the UA terminal and facilities are there.
+1 We had salmon and beef when we were there last time. It's a very good lounge - better than SK's CPH lounge.
Old May 20, 2014, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
It's not hard to be better than the SK CPH lounge when it comes to lounge food.

Unless it's strawberry season, the SK CPH lounge food is a default skip-over for me.

I prefer IAD's Chipotle offerings to the food offerings at the LH lounge at IAD. YMMV, but I don't really fancy this lounge's idea of "classic European country dishes". My best use for the lounge: showers.

If someone wants free alcohol when traveling and doesn't want to pay for any food at the airport, well then the LH lounge will certainly have a leg up on that.
Old May 21, 2014, 8:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The B concourse SK & LH/OS/SN use in IAD is pretty nice and very different from the ratty concourses UA uses.
Old May 21, 2014, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're flying SK business from IAD, you're going to have to eat well before the flight because the meal was atrocious on my flight yesterday. Not to hijack this thread but the quality of product on SK has sunk to new lows, having once offered a pretty good product in all classes! (Now wish I had bought a burrito at Chipotle's to eat on board.)

As to the LH lounge, for the summer at least, it is open through the full day with no lunch shutdown between 11:30a and 1p as reported on the linked wiki.
Old May 21, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: SK Diamond
If you're flying SK business from IAD, you're going to have to eat well before the flight because the meal was atrocious on my flight yesterday. Not to hijack this thread but the quality of product on SK has sunk to new lows, having once offered a pretty good product in all classes! (Now wish I had bought a burrito at Chipotle's to eat on board.)
I think what you experienced must have been the exception and not the general rule, so I don't think people have to eat well before the flight when flying in Business with SK out of IAD.

I know that SK has a general problem on some flights in the US with getting proper bread, but that's it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.