Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Fuel surcharge renamed 'Domestic / International Fees'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fuel surcharge renamed 'Domestic / International Fees'

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Cool Fuel surcharge renamed 'Domestic / International Fees'

SK is now following the trend to rename YQ as a fee so no nasty silly questions regarding the link to fuel prices pop up

Domestic/International fees - YQ
Effective 31AUG16, SAS has decided to make an adjustment in naming of the part of ticket price specified as “YQ” on travel documents.

YQ is today formally known as ”Fuel surcharge” (alt. ”Fuel and security surcharge” or ”International surcharge”).

Effective 31AUG16, this name will be changed to ”Domestic/International fees” and will apply on all PoS/PoC except US.

For avoidance of doubt, YQ level and abbreviation itself will remain unchanged.

Domestic / International fees - YQ
SAS (SK) Domestic / International fees - YQ

YQ fee applies to each sector in the itinerary where SK is used in the reservation. The fee amounts applicable to each sector are added together and shown as a total amount in the Tax, Fee and Charges field of the ticket.
YQ fee for journeys on SK domestic sectors and/or SK international sectors within Europe and/or SK intercontinental sectors

Effective 29AUG16, there is a new fare from US with fare basis TOWUSSKM, updated with YQ USD50.

Domestic / International fees YQ - valid from 29AUG16

For journeys originating in USA/Canada
No YQ fee will be collected on domestic DK, FI, NO, SE, within Scandinavia and European sectors in connection with Intercontinental travel. Manual update not necessary.
Example:
WAS SK CPH SK STO SK LLA
USD248 + USD0 + USD0 Total USD248

Note: For travel originating in USA/Canada the YQ fee is also applicable on SK intercontinental codeshare flights (marketing flights) operated by LH or UA or AC (SK prefix).
Example: SFO SK FRA SK STO (LH-operating SFO-FRA)
USD 248 + USD0 Total USD248
Code share flights

Travel within Europe:
For reservations made on SK marketing flights, operated by another carrier, the YQ fee applies. The YQ fee applies for domestic sectors only in DK, NO, SE, FI.

Travel to/from Intercontinental destinations:
For travel originating in Scandinavia/Finland the YQ fee on transatlantic sectors will apply to both SK operating and marketing flights between Scandinavia/Europe and USA/Canada.
Example: STO SK LON SK LAX (UA-operating LON-LAX)
EUR19 + EUR115 Total EUR134

For travel originating in USA/Canada the YQ fee applies on both SK operated and marketed flights between Area 1 and Europe.
Example: SFO SK FRA SK STO (LH-operating SFO-FRA)
USD 248 + USD 0 Total USD248
Domestic VAT tax within Norway, Sweden and Finland

VAT tax on domestic travel applies for YQ fee in Norway (NV), Sweden (XS) and Finland (YF).
Refund

For fares that are refundable, the YQ fee is refundable.
Note: When determining the refund value of a partly used ticket:
If the fare for the actual travel is higher than the original fare paid, any unused YQ amount shall be included in the recalculation.
For fares refundable against a penalty fee, the YQ fee is refundable for unused tickets.
For non refundable fares, YQ fee is not refundable.

Note: In case of rebooking where the applicable YQ will be lower, a refund of the YQ may be made also for non-refundable fares, i.e if there has been a decrease of YQ amount or if a transfer portion is rebooked to a direct flight (OSL-CPH-LON to OSL-LON).
Old Sep 2, 2016, 3:03 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The scam nature of the airline YQ fee is exposed yet again by the airlines.

I won't shed a tear if there is ever a successful class-action lawsuit against the airlines and their YQ games.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 3:52 am

Indeed, the scam continues.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The scam nature of the airline YQ fee is exposed yet again by the airlines.

I won't shed a tear if there is ever a successful class-action lawsuit against the airlines and their YQ games.
YQ is a pure scam, just like resort fees. What I'm really wondering is that there is no government trying to regulate their pricing system.

But if YQ from WAS to CPH is $248, I guess the ticket price of my ticket must be 0 or minus

Does it mean that EB award tickets on SK will be charged this "fee"?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 3:59 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Wow, this is incredible. So even further trying to make it look like this money is not SAS own decision.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.