Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SAS website live

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The last couple of times I have booked through the new SK site it has worked without a hitch. Though you can discuss the intuitiveness of the layout, I am getting used to where things are.
I agree that for just booking a flight I rarely have any issues now and after fighting for two days with the TAP website to get a ticket booked I might look about more favorable on the SK website. BUT still the design and usability is horrible! And a lot of functions like manage bookings, the EuroBonus section etc often enough do not work and end up on 404s.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:52 pm
kbl

Programs: SK *G, HH S
If you have time in surplus and want to understand how SAS Developers think, do read the blog and their priorities... am not a fan of the new website..

https://www.sas.dk/flyv-med-os/andet...elopment-blog/
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Comment by the CEO Rickard Gustafson in the interim report:
The new website is up and running, which is positive news. It is based on a modern IT platform, which is a precondition for the development of new services and customer enhancements.
At the same time, we are well aware that the sites user-friendliness does not yet meet customers expectations and requires improvement, which we are working hard to rectify.
http://www.sasgroup.net/en/wp-conten...017-report.pdf
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:40 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
So they are working hard to rectify customers expectations, not the website...
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Reviving the new website thread....

I was looking for the option to cancel a booking, I could find rebook, change frequent flyer programs (it worked, is this a new feature?), and a few other items that are practical. But not a cancel option. Does somebody know where they have hidden it, or is it not there?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Reviving the new website thread....

I was looking for the option to cancel a booking, I could find rebook, change frequent flyer programs (it worked, is this a new feature?), and a few other items that are practical. But not a cancel option. Does somebody know where they have hidden it, or is it not there?
I only have award tickets, I think the button might not be visible on all bookings, but:

The blue box in the middle, at the top of the page with the PNR and passenger name. Right bottom of that box says "Annullr Booking" in Danish, left bottom of that box says "Ombook", so if you can find rebook, but not cancel, I doubt it's there.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by studentCPH
I only have award tickets, I think the button might not be visible on all bookings, but:

The blue box in the middle, at the top of the page with the PNR and passenger name. Right bottom of that box says "Annullr Booking" in Danish, left bottom of that box says "Ombook", so if you can find rebook, but not cancel, I doubt it's there.
Thank you.

I only have rebook in that box, booking class is Y so cancellation is definitely an option. I guess I will have to call them....
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:15 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I have never successfully cancelled an SK ticket online. I don't no why. But either the option is not there, or the website says that I have to call in. 100% of cases the last 8 years I had to call for cancellation. In about 20% of these cases I had to call again a few weeks later, to ask why the refund is not processed (and then it turned out that it was not initiated). Sometimes when the button is not there it would be on the classic website, but it wouldn't work anyways.

But on the positive note: the website seems to have gotten a light facelifting recently. There are a few UI choices now that are more obvious, and it scales better on large screens, spacing is better on screen, and the overall experience is better.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
Perhaps the most useful information that I gleaned from the developers blog was this:
Got feedback? Let us know
We value our travelers feedback. It helps us to continuously improve and stay relevant. If you have input or ideas regarding sas.xx, please feel free to share it with us at [email protected]

I took them at their word and sent them this today:

"I saw on the SAS development blog that you were actively soliciting feedback. Here is a transcript of a chat that I had with customer service yesterday regarding SAS.se. In case you dont read Swedish, I have included a summary (and some details) of the issues discussed:

- No route map on the website showing SAS destinations. Such maps are published in every edition of the inflight magazine
- Destinations that show up in the low-price calendar are not necessarily accessible via direct flight, but there is no list showing all destinations that are accessible via direct flight
- There are some dead or misdirected links in the Eurobonus reward section of the website
- From https://www.sas.se/en/, clicking on Earn Points sends one to https://www.sas.se/en/eurobonus/earn...e-extra-points rather than https://www.sas.se/en/eurobonus/earn-points
- From https://www.sas.se/en/, clicking on Spend Points sends one to https://www.sas.se/en/eurobonus/spen...ransfer-points rather than https://www.sas.se/en/eurobonus/spend-points"

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Du chattade med Tomas 26/12/2017 10:21

Date: 26 December 2017 at 11:21:01 CET

To: Daner

Du chattar med Tomas
- Hur kan jag hjlpa till?
Du skrev: Tomas, jag hittar inget Route Map eller karta som visar destinationer som r tillgngliga via SAS. Jag vet att sdana finns i tidningen, men det vore bra att ha ngot liknande p hemsidan.
Tomas: Vi har tyvr ingen sn route map p hemsidan det vi har r nr man gr in i lgpriskallendern s ser man dr vilka destinationer som vi flyger till.
Du skrev: Om jag gr in dr s ser jag att jag kan vlja flyg till flera destinationer i USA, t.ex. Washington DC. Har ni direkt-flyg frn Norden till alla destinationer som ni visar dr?
Tomas: Vi har flyg till alla destinationer som vi visar men det r inte alla direktflyg.
Du skrev: Har ni en lista som visar alla destinationer i USA och Asien dr ni har direktflyg?
Tomas: Nej det har vi inte tyvr.
Du skrev: Dr har vi frbttringspotential! Hur kan vi frmedla detta till ngon som kan gra ngot t det?
Tomas: Vi har skickat denna frfrgan till dom som hller p med hemsidan s fr hoppningsvis s ska det komma.
Du skrev: Som jag skrev tidigare, denna information finns att tillg i tidningen. Det vore ett baggis att gra det tillgnglig via hemsidan.
Du skrev: En sista frga, hur kommer jag i kontakt med de som kan hjlpa mig att boka Star Alliance reward travel?
Du skrev: Mnga dda eller missvisande lnkar p sas.se nr det gller just detta...
Tomas: Isfall s fr du g in p Star Alliance hemsida fr att se om du kan boka via dom.
Du skrev: Men ingen kontaktinformation p sas.se?
Tomas: Nej eftersom det r ett annat bonus program.
Du skrev: Men jag tnkte boka med mina Eurobonus miles
Tomas: Om det gller Eurobonus s kan du gra det via oss p telefonen 0770 727 727.
Du skrev: Tack!

Originally Posted by kbl
If you have time in surplus and want to understand how SAS Developers think, do read the blog and their priorities... am not a fan of the new website..

https://www.sas.dk/flyv-med-os/andet...elopment-blog/
Old Jun 18, 2018, 2:41 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
The newly designed SAS website feedback

So I headed to flysas.com today to look for some fares and was surprised by a totally new designed website (which I'm pretty sure was not there earlier this morning).

I must say it really does look nice and clean. But as with every major redesign I am a bit lost as to where everything is.

When logged in you are presented with a lot more options: For example I was just able to order some gold luggage tags online and if you're a scandinavian resident you can even order E luggage tags online. You can also order a new card on the same page. I'm not sure if we were able to do that before.

I find that all the important information can be found on this page without it looking too full. Which is really great.

And there is a specific gold page! (https://gold.flysas.com/login/) I assume there is one for diamond and pandion as well. Was that there before?

However, most of the *read more* buttons do not work, so for example if you want to check out the eurobonus earn chart it will automatically redirect you to the eurobonus main page. (even if you are coming via google).

For booking i like that the booking class is shwon for each flight option.

So what do you guys think of the new page?

Last edited by Nick Art; Jun 18, 2018 at 3:50 am
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:45 am

The new website has been live for quite some time now (more than 2 years, I think), however most markets (except the Nordics, if memory serves right) still 'defaulted' to the old web platform, which seems to have finally gone now.

That said, here's the original feedback thread.

G
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:48 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
The new website has been live for quite some time now (more than 2 years, I think), however most markets (except the Nordics, if memory serves right) still 'defaulted' to the old web platform, which seems to have finally gone now.

That said, here's the original feedback thread.

G
Oh wow, lol. Thanks for the FYI. I did a quick search for sas website on the forums but I didn't scroll back that much.
Well I guess we can move this then.
Out of interest: Is it normal that the read more buttons are not working at all and only redirecting you to the main page?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Oh wow, lol. Thanks for the FYI. I did a quick search for sas website on the forums but I didn't scroll back that much.
You're most welcome. To be perfectly honest with you, I wouldn't have known about the new website either had I not read about it here on FlyerTalk or occasionally seen a snap-shot on the SAS on-board's magazine (both the flysas PL/UK versions were, up to yesterday, still defaulting to the now superseded version)

G
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

However, most of the *read more* buttons do not work, so for example if you want to check out the eurobonus earn chart it will automatically redirect you to the eurobonus main page. (even if you are coming via google).
Yes, even after 2 years there are a lot of dead links. It gets worse if you dare to change the default language for each instance, e.g. from Swedish to English on the .se page.

So what do you guys think of the new page?
It sucks, bad! But by now, I got used to it. Still hate it.

And why you can't book multi-city tickets but a "return from a different city "booking is beyond me . It is just ridiculous.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by fassy
And why you can't book multi-city tickets but a "return from a different city "booking is beyond me . It is just ridiculous.
Can't stress this enough. They could at least add "Return to a different city" option to cover some of the use-cases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.