Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Bumped out of selected seat, any guess why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 1:07 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black

A few days ago, I booked an intra-EU flight for a party of four (golight), and found row 2 open for selection. OK, so they haven't sold any plus tickets, I thought to my self, and took it (well aware of the risk of getting bumped if they suddenly sells plus)
Today, we were bumped out of row two. OK, so now they sold some seats, I thought ad so so I just went online to check the seatmap to find best seats for us. But row 2 is still open for selection. If I do a dummy booking in plus, only row 1 is open for selection (with only 1 of 6 seats taken)

So what could be the reason they moved us then? Has row2 some significance I don't now about?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by intuition
A few days ago, I booked an intra-EU flight for a party of four (golight), and found row 2 open for selection. OK, so they haven't sold any plus tickets, I thought to my self, and took it (well aware of the risk of getting bumped if they suddenly sells plus)
Today, we were bumped out of row two. OK, so now they sold some seats, I thought ad so so I just went online to check the seatmap to find best seats for us. But row 2 is still open for selection. If I do a dummy booking in plus, only row 1 is open for selection (with only 1 of 6 seats taken)

So what could be the reason they moved us then? Has row2 some significance I don't now about?
It's very likely that the 'curtain' got moved back and then forward for some reason. This happens to me quite a lot, and often only affects one row of Go (a shift of one back and then one forward again). In intra-EU Go, I generally select seats in the front-but-one row for this reason.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 1:01 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yeah, that might be it. I'm back in row 2 now and will see what happens next
Old Jul 15, 2016, 7:50 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Well, was bumped out of row 2 once again, just a few hours later. Row 2 still available.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 3:54 am

Maybe they've had plus bookings, with subsequent cancellations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.