Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS pilots threaten largest strike in years [SE flight crew on strike 09-12JUN2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2016, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
SAS info to TAs:

Code:
13JUN16
Traffic disturbances due to industrial action (13JUN16 09:25 UTC)
We regret that our passengers may be affected by the current pilots’ strike in Sweden. Unfortunately, there will be cancellations and delays to, from and within Sweden 13JUN16.

Check Flight status regarding flight information.    

Flights operating between ARN and CPH:
Aircraft B737 - operated by Swedish pilots
Aircraft A319, A320, A321 - operated by Danish pilots

Flights operating between ARN and OSL:
Flight numbers in 800-series - operated by Norwegian pilots 
Flight numbers in 400-series and 1400-series - operated by Swedish pilots  

Flight operating between CPH and OSL:
Flight numbers in 400-series - operated by Danish pilots 
Flight numbers in 1400-series - operated by Norwegian pilots  

Traffic program 13JUN16
All flights operated with Swedish pilots are cancelled. Note: Corresponding homebound flights from night stop will be cancelled in the morning 14JUN16. 
SAS Intercontinental flights, wet lease flights and flights operated with Danish and Norwegian pilots will operate. 

Traffic program 12JUN16

All flights operated with Swedish pilots are cancelled. Note: Corresponding homebound flights from night stop will be cancelled in the morning 13JUN16. 
SAS Intercontinental flights, wet lease flights and flights operated with Danish and Norwegian pilots will operate. 
Traffic program 11JUN16

All flights operated with Swedish pilots are cancelled. 
Traffic program 10JUN16 after 18.00 l.t.
All flights operated with Swedish pilots are cancelled. 
SAS Intercontinental flights and wet lease flights will operate.  

Rebooking

Passengers holding SK/117-document with SK operated flights, cancelled or not yet cancelled, may be involuntary rebooked to other SK operated flights, including wet lease.
Valid for passengers holding a ticket for travel 10JUN16-14JUN16.
Note: Wet lease flights and SAS Intercontinental flights are planned to operate according to schedule. 
Tickets may be rebooked both outbound and inbound.
Also applicable for Group reservations.   
Rebooking to be made in the same booking class, or lowest available booking class in the same service class as originally booked.

New date of travel must be on/before 31OCT16.
Tickets must be marked with:
FE invol reissued due strike on SAS 

If necessary, change of Origin and Destination to/from SK destinations (including wet lease) is permitted. Tickets must be reissued before passenger arrives to new origin/destination airport.
Note: New Origin or Destination must be within reasonable distance from original Origin or Destination.
Passengers booked on SK intercontinental flights to/from Scandinavia

Passengers booked on SK intercontinental flights to/from Scandinavia with onward cancelled or not cancelled SK connection to Europe may be involuntary rebooked according to ordinary rebooking policy.
Rebooking to be made in the same booking class, or lowest available booking class in the same service class as originally booked.

If more than 24 hours before departure, see information below.
Rebooking for passengers with other airline tickets

Passengers booked on cancelled or not yet cancelled SK operated flights, holding other airlines document, may be involuntary rebooked to other SK operated flights, including wet lease.

Rebooking to other airlines within 24 hours 

SK operated flights cancelled within 24 hours of original departure time, may be rebooked to SAS interline partners, in the same booking class, or lowest available booking class in the same service class as originally booked, Group and Award tickets included.
SK Interline Partners

Rebooking to other airlines more than 24 hours 

SK operated flights cancelled more than 24 hours before departure, may be rebooked to below interline partners, in the same booking class, or lowest available booking class in the same service class as originally booked, Group and Award tickets included:  
BT, OS, OU, SN, WF
Exception for LH, LX and UA, where class mapping must be followed, see below.  

Lufthansa, LH, effective 09JUN16 until further

SK
	C 	D 	J 	Z 	Y 	S 	B 	P 	A 	E 	M 	H 	Q 	V 	W 	U 	K 	L 	T 	O

LH
	C 	D 	D 	Z 	G 	E 	N 	N 	N 	H 	Q 	Q 	V 	W 	S 	W 	S 	T 	L 	L

Swiss, LX, effective 09JUN16 until furher  

To / From ZRH 

SK
	C 	D 	J 	Z 	Y 	S 	B 	P 	E 	M 	A 	H 	Q 	V 	W 	U 	K 	L 	T 	O

LX
	C 	D 	D 	Z 	U 	H 	V 	T 	H 	Q 	L 	Q 	W 	L 	W 	T 	T 	L 	L 	K

All other routes

SK
	C 	D 	J 	Z 	Y 	S 	B 	P 	E 	M 	A 	H 	Q 	V 	W 	U 	K 	L 	T 	O

LX
	C 	D 	D 	Z 	B 	U 	H 	W 	B 	U 	L 	H 	Q 	L 	V 	W 	T 	E 	L 	K

United Airlines, UA, effective 09JUN16 until further

Three cabin and two cabin operations

SK
	C 	D 	Z 	Y 	S 	B 	E 	M 	H 	P 	Q 	V 	A 	W 	U 	K 	L 	T

UA
	D 	Z 	P 	E 	E 	E 	U 	H 	Q 	V 	V 	W 	S 	S 	T 	L 	K 	G

One cabin Economy operations

SK
	C 	D 	Z 	Y 	S 	B 	E 	M 	H 	P 	Q 	V 	A 	W 	U 	K 	L 	T

UA
	E 	E 	E 	E 	E 	E 	U 	H 	Q 	V 	V 	W 	S 	S 	T 	L 	K 	G

Rebooking and ticket reissue for Travel Agents

Travel Agents are authorized to involuntary rebook and reissue SK/117-document with SK operated flights, cancelled or not yet cancelled, according to above. 
If above instructions not followed, ADM will be sent.
Refund

Refund permitted for cancelled flights.
Print Wikipost

SAS pilots threaten largest strike in years [SE flight crew on strike 09-12JUN2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:06 pm

Free rebooking for flights June 13-14 currently on flysas.com. Wonder when they will extend to 15th.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:49 pm

So I have flights to OSL tomorrow on the 14th and HEL on the 15th.
No other flights (on DY) are available to OSL tomorrow and I have no desire to take a 5 hour train one way, so I'm leaving this up to the heavens. I'm guessing some flights will be scheduled with Norwegian pilots.

Getting my flights on the 15th rebooked to AY.

Probably not the right question to ask at the moment, but I was supposed to get to EBG on these 4 flights this week, how does this effect me? I guess in the event of a flight cancellation tomorrow I'll be able to claim the points, but if I rebook on the 15th, I won't get anything for that? Is that correct?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by rahuldas
So I have flights to OSL tomorrow on the 14th and HEL on the 15th.
No other flights (on DY) are available to OSL tomorrow and I have no desire to take a 5 hour train one way, so I'm leaving this up to the heavens. I'm guessing some flights will be scheduled with Norwegian pilots.

Getting my flights on the 15th rebooked to AY.

Probably not the right question to ask at the moment, but I was supposed to get to EBG on these 4 flights this week, how does this effect me? I guess in the event of a flight cancellation tomorrow I'll be able to claim the points, but if I rebook on the 15th, I won't get anything for that? Is that correct?
You can claim original routing credit for flights cancelled and where you are re-booked to another carrier. If you cancel and rebook before the flight is cancelled by the airline you would need a fair bit of their good graces to get their credit in case the flight is actually cancelled. If the flight is not cancelled in the end, you will not get anything.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:57 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Some tidbits from the negotiations have been published:

SPF claims their salaries have fallen behind by -20% over the last 7 years, and they have increased their productivity by 20%.
They are asking salary increases by +3,5%, and are referencing that they made big sacrifices last few years to save the company, including pay-cuts.

SK claims that pilots have had a yearly increase of 2-3% over the last 10 years. They also say that pilot productivity only increased by 1,4% during the period.
SK recognises the big sacrifices SPF members did, but say other employees made even bigger sacrifices.

According to SK, the SPF demands equates to cost increases by 10% or a total of +100 MSEK/year, and maintains the position that the company cannot bear such new costs. SPF on the other hand claims that their demands equates to 6,5% cost increase.

Pilot salaries within SPF are said to be 78 KSEK a month on average (base salary, add-ons excluded). This equates to yearly salary of 950 KSEK. Max salary for Captains are 96 KSEK/month. As for productivity SPF pilots work 185 days a year.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 1:43 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by intuition
Pilot salaries within SPF are said to be 78 KSEK a month on average (base salary, add-ons excluded). This equates to yearly salary of 950 KSEK. Max salary for Captains are 96 KSEK/month. As for productivity SPF pilots work 185 days a year.
How does this compare to pilots from eg. DY.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 2:40 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB

SPF claims their salaries have fallen behind by -20% over the last 7 years, and they have increased their productivity by 20%.
They are asking salary increases by +3,5%, and are referencing that they made big sacrifices last few years to save the company, including pay-cuts.

SK claims that pilots have had a yearly increase of 2-3% over the last 10 years. They also say that pilot productivity only increased by 1,4% during the period.
SK recognises the big sacrifices SPF members did, but say other employees made even bigger sacrifices.

According to SK, the SPF demands equates to cost increases by 10% or a total of +100 MSEK/year, and maintains the position that the company cannot bear such new costs. SPF on the other hand claims that their demands equates to 6,5% cost increase.
I love statistics: just make some tweaks and it will support you (though obviously it doesn't contain much information)
Old Jun 13, 2016, 3:28 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Media is reporting talks broke down again and strike continues. SK accepted the mediators suggestion, SPF did not.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:07 am
Suspended

78k sek exl allowances and etc ? how much do they get after those add-ons though ? thats pretty high salary isnt it ? but after taxes probably not much left.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:30 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by dehetoxic
78k sek exl allowances and etc ? how much do they get after those add-ons though ? thats pretty high salary isnt it ? but after taxes probably not much left.
A quick search online says it is not very high. (no idea if these numbers are correct - it is the internetz, you know)

Average First Officer "base" Pay, based on 5 years seniority is as follows:

~ AMERICAN - $10,700
~ DELTA - $10,100
~ FED EX - $12,000
~ Hawaiian Airlines - $10,500
~ SOUTHWEST - $11,000
~ UNITED - $10,400
~ US AIRWAYS - $6,600 (bankruptcy contract rates still in effect)
~ UPS - $12,200
Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The strike continues today, but atleast some CPH/OSL flights are still on track.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:18 am

Programs: More than one
A quick search online says it is not very high. (no idea if these numbers are correct - it is the internetz, you know)
You can't really compare with the US market. It's quite different from the European market. A comparison with LH, LX, BA would properly be more fare. But it would be nice to see a comparison with Norwegian, ryanair and easy jet too.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Saw on this article back in 2015 when DY pilots went on strike.

Samtidigt har Dagens Industri fått ta del av en lista med lönenivåer hos Norwegian. Den visar att en flygkapten tjänar 100 000 kronor i månaden.
– Jag är nästan säker på att piloterna på Norwegian tjänar bättre än piloterna i SAS, säger Charlotte Holmbergh Jacobsson, informationschef på Norwegian.
Not sure if it's true. It's difficult to compare because working condition could be very different.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:44 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
... But it would be nice to see a comparison with Norwegian, ryanair and easy jet too.
During last years pilot conflict on DY, Norwegian did publish their salaries here. (Swedish only)

In short:
According to Norwegian 1.st officer has a 58kNOK average, Captain on average 89k NOK *). (2015 figures). On top of this, a Norwegian pilot has approx 10k NOK in addons per month.

Salaries increase by 2-5% for each year the pilot been in duty, in excess of any other salary increase (automatic seniority increase).

Norwegian pilots work 177 days/year. Norwegian offers 7 week vaccation and if pilot works on off duty day, they recieve up to 12k NOK pay for that day.

SFP claims these are false figures and stated starting salary (with 0 year senority) for 1.st officer is 30k NOK and the maximum salary (maximum seniority) for a captain is 80k NOK

*) Equates to 66 KSEK / 102 KSEK if exchange rates from 2015 is used. Currently 1NOK=1SEK though

Last edited by intuition; Jun 13, 2016 at 6:57 am Reason: Added comparison to SEK
Old Jun 13, 2016, 7:47 am

Free rebooking extended to June 19th now. They must expect the strike to go on for a few days.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 8:42 am

SAS just tweeted that the strike will continue Tuesday as well - so Day 5 now - and the spoiled Swedish pilots are taking a long weekend.

If you look at the webpage on the aspect it is EXTREMELY poor communication from SAS side. Very Stockholm centric.
There is a list of flights that operates - but only list flights in/out of Sweden. But what about all the flights in/out o Norway and Denmark??
SAS simply assumes that all passengers know which flights are operated by Swedish pilots. Or did the Arlanda guys forget there is a SAS outside Sweden?? (would not be the first time)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.