Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Can't get Seat assignment on SAS flight until 22 hours before flight.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone experience this rule, my first time flying with SAS. Brought the ticket and trying to get seat assignment for July flight agent said I cannot reserve the seat until 22 hours before flight.

Is this the rule for all SAS flight, what the chance I will get the aisle seat at the airport?

LS
Old May 14, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
You can get a seat assignment already now if you are willing to pay for it (I assume you don't have the status to get the seat assignment for free).

Check-in time starts officially 22 hours before departure but you can try already 36 hours before.
Old May 14, 2016, 3:00 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
You need status or pay up for advance seat selection, otherwise it is 24 hours before departure at check-in. The 22h mark hasn't been used in a while but legacy documentation still refers to it.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
You need status or pay up for advance seat selection, otherwise it is 24 hours before departure at check-in. The 22h mark hasn't been used in a while but legacy documentation still refers to it.
Is business ticket constitutes status and will get advance seats for free? But I need to call right? No online booking of seats.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:29 am

You should be able to get free ASR for business class seats. Did you book the ticket via SK or through a code share partner like UA?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Is business ticket constitutes status and will get advance seats for free? But I need to call right? No online booking of seats.
In business and Plus the advanced seat reservation is included. You can select the seat online when you manage your booking. You can also use the chat function. That will do it also online.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
In business and Plus the advanced seat reservation is included. You can select the seat online when you manage your booking. You can also use the chat function. That will do it also online.
Its a AC ticket and the online just gives me the itinerary and no other options with SAS booking ref number. But I did call and got the seats assigned. Also found out that using Lufthansa's online, one can assign seats at will.
Old May 2, 2017, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Its a AC ticket and the online just gives me the itinerary and no other options with SAS booking ref number. But I did call and got the seats assigned. Also found out that using Lufthansa's online, one can assign seats at will.
Agree that SAS online only shows the itinerary, however Luftansa's site didn't recognize the PNR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.