Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Short flights: Coffee is back and Diamond benefits (officially) gone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2016, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: EB*D, M&M, IHG, Hilton Hhonors

Hej,

it seems that Coffee (and Tea) in Go are now back even on the short ATR and CRJ flights (at least from my observations), but at the same time SAS has changed the Diamond free drink benefit. It is now only valid on flights where they offer sales from the menu in SAS Go.

http://www.flysas.com/en/de/eurobonu...evels/diamond/

One positive thing: The Air Nostrum crews are much nicer and more attentive when it comes to Diamonds. Had some very good experiences recently.
Old May 6, 2016, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I noticed on a recent CPH-TXL flight that coffee, tea and water was offered to all passengers on the Jettime ATR. But initially just thought it was a nice crew. But there is maybe a change in the air...
Old May 6, 2016, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by alibi
Hej,

it seems that Coffee (and Tea) in Go are now back even on the short ATR and CRJ flights (at least from my observations)
^ finally! The excuse given was just ridiculous.

Originally Posted by alibi
but at the same time SAS has changed the Diamond free drink benefit. It is now only valid on flights where they offer sales from the menu in SAS Go.
Sounds reasonable, if they officially do not carry catering, how should the accommodate random requests?
Old May 6, 2016, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Sounds reasonable, if they officially do not carry catering, how should the accommodate random requests
Well, they still carry catering for Plus.
Old May 6, 2016, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
^ finally! The excuse given was just ridiculous.

Sounds reasonable, if they officially do not carry catering, how should the accommodate random requests?
Since they have a full bar selection for Plus, they could still offer drinks to EBD/P
Old May 6, 2016, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Since they have a full bar selection for Plus, they could still offer drinks to EBD/P
They do? Right, didn't think about that. But shouldn't there be a on-board menu available then?
Old May 6, 2016, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fassy
They do? Right, didn't think about that. But shouldn't there be a on-board menu available then?
"valid on flights where we offer sales from our menu in SAS Go"

Is the exact wording. I guess they might not want the cabin attendants coming through the Go cabin with the cart, or a load of Diet Cokes, for the select few....
Old May 9, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: EBD
Is the exact wording. I guess they might not want the cabin attendants coming through the Go cabin with the cart, or a load of Diet Cokes, for the select few....
....but for the same 'select few' they do priority boarding, so I don't see why they are so reluctant to acknowledge their most loyal customers onboard.
Old May 9, 2016, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jespersm
....but for the same 'select few' they do priority boarding, so I don't see why they are so reluctant to acknowledge their most loyal customers onboard.
I was not saying it was a good argument
Old May 9, 2016, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Anyone going to one of the upcoming commuter meetings? Maybe worth mentioning?
Old May 19, 2016, 8:03 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I flew SAS for the first time in a decade, CPH-OSL and tried the tea. It was terrible. Tasted foul. Was much worse than the free tea served on other carriers that only serve free coffee and tea, like VA.

Update: I've now taken tea on three SAS flights. One was good, one, ok, and one (the first one written up above) was terrible. So there is a problem with quality control here.

Last edited by transportprof; May 24, 2016 at 1:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.