Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS and problems CPH Fast Track with *A Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Let's put your reply from CPH regarding CPH Fast Track here:

Please do not publish names!

Here are mine:

Regarding your inquiry 00160075: CPH Fast track for Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles Elite members. () [ ref:_00D24aWRh._50024RQJyq:ref ]
Inbox
x

[email protected] [email protected] via rvbur4h79zy2.24-awrheam.eu5.bnc.salesforce.com
Jun 10 (2 days ago)

Dear

Thank you for contacting Copenhagen Airport.

As for Turkish Airlines, Turkish Corporate Club, Miles &Smiles Elite, and Miles and Smiles Elite Plus

Gold/Premium card holders will be granted access when presenting a valid ticket with the given airline - provided the airline is a CPH Express partner.

If you have further questions about your case please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
<redacted>
Customer Agent
Regarding your inquiry 00160075: CPH Fast track for Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles Elite members. () [ ref:_00D24aWRh._50024RQJyq:ref ]
Inbox
x

[email protected] via iqcjtzujf8v6.24-awrheam.eu5.bnc.salesforce.com
Jun 10 (2 days ago)

Dear ,

Please check link below for further information:
https://www.cph.dk/en/about-cph/b2b/airline-sales/FacilitiesProducts/cph-express/

Best regards,
<redacted]
Customer Agent
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold

Did three hops (HEL-ARL-OSL-AES) on Wednesday as *A Gold (TK). Online check-in insisted I'm a TK Basic which made me already worried.. At the check-in counter in HEL the lady apparently saw my tier level on the system, but could not get it printed on the boarding pass for some reason. Same thing in ARL and OSL. Every single boarding was refused and they had to do some manual work to get me in. Lounge access and fast-tracks didn't work without manual work either, for the same reason I suppose..

Such a terrible experience - is there anything I could do on my behalf to avoid this as I'm doing the same route back later today? I've been *A Gold since last year, so it shouldn't be about the status not been updated between the airlines (and since they did see the status on their computers)..
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:07 am

denied boarding based on wrong status sounds wrong?

It can happen that sometimes the Star Alliance database cannot be contacted to lookup the status and then the boarding pass will show a wrong status but it will have no effect on the boarding process.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:24 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
There are some more people here who fly SK with TK status. Let's see whether they share your experience.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:36 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
There is a fairly long thread on TK forum that there is some sort of miss-match in LH database and some TK FF accounts are not shown as *G. So far it was isolated to Miles & More airlines. Maybe SK not uses the same database?

PS. It never happened to me, but I guess it would be enought to show the card to get access.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: TK*G, SK*S, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I am Elite Plus (*G) with TK and never ever had any problems with either elite recognition or boarding with SK which I fly a lot (will probably fly less now when Optiontown is no more). So, this sounds odd to me. Maybe a name mismatch between card account, ticket and/or passport?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
I am *G with UA, and SK's system is terrible at recognising this — it is quite rare that it works in my experience. Has been a problem ever since the UA/CO merger. I've never been denied boarding because of this (sounds odd), and I'd be denied Fast Track at CPH anyway, but it's a pain in the proverbial when you have to whisk your card out for lounge entry, Fast Track at LHR, etc, and when everybody and his dog are getting operational upgrades (something SK used to be very good for as a *G flier)
Old May 1, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by TPJ
There is a fairly long thread on TK forum that there is some sort of miss-match in LH database and some TK FF accounts are not shown as *G. So far it was isolated to Miles & More airlines. Maybe SK not uses the same database?

PS. It never happened to me, but I guess it would be enought to show the card to get access.
I doubt it's an issue with the LH database. The *A airlines do not have a copy of each *A airlines FF database. They normally do an online lookup at the time of check-in. If there is a problem at this point in time you can get in to all sorts of problems with you FF status.
Old May 1, 2016, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
I am *G with UA, and SK's system is terrible at recognising this — it is quite rare that it works in my experience. Has been a problem ever since the UA/CO merger. I've never been denied boarding because of this (sounds odd), and I'd be denied Fast Track at CPH anyway, but it's a pain in the proverbial when you have to whisk your card out for lounge entry, Fast Track at LHR, etc, and when everybody and his dog are getting operational upgrades (something SK used to be very good for as a *G flier)
Well. I have a big problem with the UA systems when I check-in in the US. They will not accept my DK mobil number. Properly because we only have 8 digits in our phone numbers in DK.

Beside that. It's long time since *G was removed from fast track at CPH. Only if you use SK for check-in (like LH flights do) you might get fast track access at CPH as *G. Don't know about LHR. Haven't been through there for a long time.
Old May 2, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
I am having similar experience as OP though never denied boarding. In all SK BPs my status shows TK Basic and LH flights it shows TK*P. Tried several times with check in agents to manually change it but they have never suceed. At HEL SK lounge, the agent said she could see my status just by scanning BP but had no idea why it can't print the status in BP.
In TK forum one person suggested asking the agents to enter TK at the end of FF number. He/She was able to solve the problem that way. I have SK flights in 2 weeks, I will try if that works for me
Old May 2, 2016, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by lento
I am having similar experience as OP though never denied boarding. In all SK BPs my status shows TK Basic and LH flights it shows TK*P. Tried several times with check in agents to manually change it but they have never suceed. At HEL SK lounge, the agent said she could see my status just by scanning BP but had no idea why it can't print the status in BP.
In TK forum one person suggested asking the agents to enter TK at the end of FF number. He/She was able to solve the problem that way. I have SK flights in 2 weeks, I will try if that works for me
It's really hard to figure out when to add the airline code, FF level etc. to you FF number when using it on other airlines. Some take anything, and other require SKEBD in front of the number to accept it. LH is the only airline where I haven't been able to figure out how to use my SK FF number.
Old May 2, 2016, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
LH is the only airline where I haven't been able to figure out how to use my SK FF number.
EBD123456789

Works on all airlines I regularly fly (LO, LH, LX, OS, UA, SK) without any issues for years. Only OS had a few months where they didn't lookup the status correctly but that has been resolved since at least last year summer.
Old May 3, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Well. I have a big problem with the UA systems when I check-in in the US. They will not accept my DK mobil number. Properly because we only have 8 digits in our phone numbers in DK.
Why is that a big problem? Just give them a random US number. They're very unlikely to want to call you anyway.

Beside that. It's long time since *G was removed from fast track at CPH.
I don't believe it was ever offered. My point is that there are precious few reasons left to book with SK. There's nothing left onboard to prefer them for over anybody else; all that's left are the frequent flier benefits. And this is one has a marginal cost of zero. It makes no sense to me to deny some of the people who have lounge access the option of entering the airside terminal by the lounge entrance, as opposed to the gauntlet through the duty free shop.

Only if you use SK for check-in (like LH flights do) you might get fast track access at CPH as *G.
Actually, you don't.

Don't know about LHR. Haven't been through there for a long time.
Actually, you do.
Old May 3, 2016, 6:19 pm
TPJ

Earlier today I flew CDG-CPH. Status was not printed on the B/Pass, but was in the system as the Lounge attendant scanned by B/Pass and 'computer said yes' so she let me in. Baggage was priority tagged and made it as the first one onto the belt

Last edited by TPJ; May 5, 2016 at 7:47 am Reason: gramar
Old May 4, 2016, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
TK E+(*G) here, status on reservation email, bps and never any trouble.
Old May 5, 2016, 8:57 am
TPJ

CPH-VNO yesterday - TK*G visible on the B/Pass - it had to be the Paris thing then (post #13)...

Also... I was in GO and was still able to use the Fast Track, but not the SK Fast Track (on the left) but the one next to the general security check area (on the right). I asked if TK Elite Plus card would work, the attendant said it should, she scanned the B/Pass and voilą - it worked...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.