Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS and problems CPH Fast Track with *A Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Let's put your reply from CPH regarding CPH Fast Track here:

Please do not publish names!

Here are mine:

Regarding your inquiry 00160075: CPH Fast track for Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles Elite members. () [ ref:_00D24aWRh._50024RQJyq:ref ]
Inbox
x

[email protected] [email protected] via rvbur4h79zy2.24-awrheam.eu5.bnc.salesforce.com
Jun 10 (2 days ago)

Dear

Thank you for contacting Copenhagen Airport.

As for Turkish Airlines, Turkish Corporate Club, Miles &Smiles Elite, and Miles and Smiles Elite Plus

Gold/Premium card holders will be granted access when presenting a valid ticket with the given airline - provided the airline is a CPH Express partner.

If you have further questions about your case please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
<redacted>
Customer Agent
Regarding your inquiry 00160075: CPH Fast track for Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles Elite members. () [ ref:_00D24aWRh._50024RQJyq:ref ]
Inbox
x

[email protected] via iqcjtzujf8v6.24-awrheam.eu5.bnc.salesforce.com
Jun 10 (2 days ago)

Dear ,

Please check link below for further information:
https://www.cph.dk/en/about-cph/b2b/airline-sales/FacilitiesProducts/cph-express/

Best regards,
<redacted]
Customer Agent
Print Wikipost

SAS and problems CPH Fast Track with *A Gold

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by intuition
Which brings me back to my original reflection - why on earth would A3 join the CPH express, with only 1 flight and virtually no business class passengers on the route CPH-ATH?
I imagine there are some fixed costs for joining Express, as well as the per pax cost charged.
I can't tell, but it might be a part of the CPH packet, and they might just be paying per business passenger, which might explain why CPH is reluctant to let A3 frequent flyer use the CPH express when not flying on an A3 bird.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:27 am

This text from SK webpage describing fast track access (not present in the english version of the web though!)

Ie Sorry! If you are gold member with any of our Star Alliance parterns... you are not welcome to use fast track.
I don't think this is the complete truth. In the past this was only valid if you were flying on a none SK bird. If you were flying on a SK bird and had *G status you would be allowed fast track access, but it might have changed after the automated gates went up.

And my question to CPH airport ("Why doesn't your gate readers accept *G when you list the card on your access list") just got the non-sense answer:

I got exactly the same response when I complained about not having fast track access when the fast track is closed. CPH point to SK and SK claims CPH will not allow SK pax CPH express access unless the SK fast track are merged with the CPH express in the overcrowded security area.
Everyone looses here.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
I don't think this is the complete truth. In the past this was only valid if you were flying on a none SK bird. If you were flying on a SK bird and had *G status you would be allowed fast track access, but it might have changed after the automated gates went up.
*G traveling in economy officially were never(*) allowed in the SK FastTrack, on SK metal or not... Anyway, about 5 years ago they usually waved you through which changed after they rebuild the FastTrack facilities.

* as long as I can remember
Old May 24, 2016, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by fassy
*G traveling in economy officially were never(*) allowed in the SK FastTrack, on SK metal or not... Anyway, about 5 years ago they usually waved you through which changed after they rebuild the FastTrack facilities.

* as long as I can remember
The discussion (IMHO) is not whether you are flying monkey in general, but whether you *G status will grant you fast track access when flying on an SK bird.

If you are flying monkey on a none SK bird and SK is not the handling agent, there is no doubt in my mind that you will not get fast track access.

But there are so many combinations that it's pretty hard to figure out, and each airline have different rules for their own members too.
I much more like the US way. If you are *G flying on a *A airline you got lounge and "fast track" access. No complex loophole rules.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:46 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black

Well, I will try that next time.

Come to think of it, it might be just SK boarding passes with *G that has been denied at CPH express. Before, I either had SK plus ticket (and went to SK fast track based on fare class) or other *A ticket with *G and was allowed at CPH express. It is only recently I've switched to SK light tickets and had the issue.

Anyway, I guess we can agree that CPH security situation is far from optimal
Old May 24, 2016, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I've been complaining about that too. The reply I got is that SK are paying for having the fast tack next to the lounge and therefore the airport won't allow SK fast tack passengers at the express lanes. IMHO it's stupid. Neither SK nor the airport benefits from this limitation.
It is stupid! I ended behind a family with a baby that managed to argue about a litre of liquid non baby food through security. Amazing that they were allowed, and amazing the time I had to wait.

Considering how busy the Gold Lounge was I can't have been the only one with the problem.
Old May 24, 2016, 5:31 am

The discussion (IMHO) is not whether you are flying monkey in general, but whether you *G status will grant you fast track access when flying on an SK bird.

If you are flying monkey on a none SK bird and SK is not the handling agent, there is no doubt in my mind that you will not get fast track access.

But there are so many combinations that it's pretty hard to figure out, and each airline have different rules for their own members too.
I much more like the US way. If you are *G flying on a *A airline you got lounge and "fast track" access. No complex loophole rules.
No discussion here.

You can use the SK FastTrack:
1) SK*G (and *S during off-peak times) on any Star Alliance flight, in any class
2) Traveling on SK metal in Plus or business, status with whatever airline within *A doesn't matter.

Very simple, isn't it?

Really hard is just the CPH FastTrack... lack of transparency, incompetent and rude personal and wacky IT makes it a real shi**y experience.
Old May 24, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
They should update their site then. According to this *A does get fast track

https://www.cph.dk/en/about-cph/b2b/...s/cph-express/

Last edited by boosh; May 24, 2016 at 8:01 am
Old May 24, 2016, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by boosh

Maybe it is just the mobile version, but I don't see any general mentioning of *G.

I did notice that EBG/D/P is shown together with Atlantic Airways. (or their design is just very similar to those 3). So I guess the priority cards only go with the specific airline mentioned below.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Maybe it is just the mobile version, but I don't see any general mentioning of *G.

I did notice that EBG/D/P is shown together with Atlantic Airways. (or their design is just very similar to those 3). So I guess the priority cards only go with the specific airline mentioned below.
All the unusual *A suspects seems to be on there, including A3. There is an image for Premium Class passengers, and one for Loyalty Card Holders so I would read that as *G gives you access to the fast track. It doesn't state if it is carrier specific.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by fassy
Really hard is just the CPH FastTrack... lack of transparency, incompetent and rude personal and wacky IT makes it a real shi**y experience.
Can't agree more - and CPH is the closest airport to my home

I don't think they care - that's the problem.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All the unusual *A suspects seems to be on there, including A3. There is an image for Premium Class passengers, and one for Loyalty Card Holders so I would read that as *G gives you access to the fast track. It doesn't state if it is carrier specific.
I read it as the specific carriers mentioned gives you access. For Air Canada it seems to be only the Super Elite, so not all *G cards from AC. Also, Adria and Croatia Airlines are not mentioned, so not all Star Alliance carriers operating at CPH are there...
Old May 24, 2016, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I read it as the specific carriers mentioned gives you access. For Air Canada it seems to be only the Super Elite, so not all *G cards from AC. Also, Adria and Croatia Airlines are not mentioned, so not all Star Alliance carriers operating at CPH are there...
I see, so only TK/TK, or AC/AC, not TK/SK, or AC/TK? It is not very clear
Old May 24, 2016, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I see, so only TK/TK, or AC/AC, not TK/SK, or AC/TK? It is not very clear
From what we understand from CPH's head of security, it's TK/TK, but even when we flew TK with TK G, it doesn't work. Double checked with the check-in staff and they said we got fast track.

I really dislike CPH - security staff are not nice, after security I have to drill a mall to get to my flight. Luggage claim is narrow and packed......
Old May 24, 2016, 9:48 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by nacho
I really dislike CPH - security staff are not nice, after security I have to drill a mall to get to my flight. Luggage claim is narrow and packed......
As much as I loathe CPH, I can't agree on this. IME security staff have been friendly, happy and acting respectfully in majority of all encounters. Check in staff, baggage handlers and so on, yes terrible attitude. But as for security, I have most of the time experienced better treatment than from the average airport security.

As for the stupid tax-free maze and vendors cluttering floorspace - this is the direction all airports are heading. Airports are like LCCs, always looking for more revenue with zero concern for traveller experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.