Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Trouble with the SAS telephone support

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

Just tried 4 times to reach SAS via phone to get a flight rebooked and always I had the same issue:
1) "welcome at SAS, enter your 9 digit EuroBonus number or wait"
2) Entering my number
3) "You will be connected to an English speaking agent, please wait
4) For travel cash online press 1) else wait
5) call get connected somewhere else
6) "Welcome at SAS and Star Alliance"
7) Silence and 5 seconds later the call gets dropped

That is absolutely unacceptable! I wonder if it is since I called so easy but still... I had no problem reaching them even late on Sundays before.

Perhaps since I called from a German cell phone and not from a Swedish anymore? Who knows...

Would be interesting to hear if someone else has the same issues.

By the way the transfer desk in CPH solved finally my issue and got my on the earlier flight by rebooking the ticket free of charge - kudos for the lovely lady there!
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I called them from a US number last week without any problems dial-wise. Just making sure you called the Diamond line?

Just the usual disappointing:
3) "You will be connected to an English speaking agent, please wait
4) Agent answers in Danish.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Compared to waiting an between 30 and 60 mins to get through to SN, sometimes to be kicked off at connection, I love SK. I rarely wait more than 1 min, thats even as EBG now.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Did you ever try to call AA in the US? If you are not EXP you might almost make dinner in the waiting time. While SK has their hiccups from time to time, generally the waiting times, and calls dropped are very low.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:15 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I recently had one dropped call after getting the agent, but that's it.

Even as mere EBS and even EBB the agents picked up the phone within of 2-3 minutes when calling the German or Swedish service. I tried once the English line and after 10 minutes I gave up and switched to the Swedish one.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 4:41 am
Original Poster

For years I was very happy with the SAS Phone support, being EBG or EBG I usually no wait time (or like 10 seconds) and good service. I just tried again and got connected.

I think it was since I called at 6:30am. Will try that tomorrow and see if still my calls drop.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I also get very good experiences last half a year, I call regular line locally in the country where I am, and enter my EB number. In contrast of spending several hours on the phone last year to ticket a reservation with UA (first waiting for agents, then getting agents that are both very slow and incompetent so that HUACA is necessary, and even that has not helped). So overall I am quite happy with SK phone agents. I learnt that this also works quite well on IRROPS. Instead of sufferring the mess at the airport, I call them, and usually they can help me faster than me getting through the zoo at the counter.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 1:56 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by wazow
I learnt that this also works quite well on IRROPS. Instead of sufferring the mess at the airport, I call them, and usually they can help me faster than me getting through the zoo at the counter.
Good one. I've often been rebooked on the phone before the first cattle hit the counter with the added benefit in some airports of being able to stay behind security.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Same experience today at 6:15, now at 11:30 was connected in 5 seconds.

Like I said... never had issues but the early morning out of office hours support seems to have a switchboard problem at the moment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.