Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Missing Points Registration - multiple failures

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond

This past October/November I booked and flew a round trip from Stockholm to Kuwait City via FRA on LH. It was a single PNR, and I made sure at every step along the way that all mileage was to be credited to my EuroBonus account (seat selection, online check-in, etc.)

Despite my efforts, no points had shown up by the end of the mandatory waiting period, so I used the online form to register the four missing flight flight segments. SAS let me know that it could take up to 3 weeks for my points to be credited. At the end of those 3 weeks, SAS let me know that they had forwarded my request to LH, and that it could take up to another 3 weeks for my points to be credited.

LH eventually confirmed the points for 3 of the 4 flight segments, but I am still due 2500 basic points for the 4th segment. I have since started the same dance again, first bringing it to the attention of [email protected], but it has been over 3 weeks since then and I have no indication that my request is being taken up with LH again. As I write this I am looking across E4 at the SAS offices in Frösundavik (Stockholm), so I am tempted to walk over and see if anybody there can help. Has anybody else here found a more effective and reliable way to deal with this kind of situation?
Attached Images  
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Daner
This past October/November I booked and flew a round trip from Stockholm to Kuwait City via FRA on LH. It was a single PNR, and I made sure at every step along the way that all mileage was to be credited to my EuroBonus account (seat selection, online check-in, etc.)

Despite my efforts, no points had shown up by the end of the mandatory waiting period, so I used the online form to register the four missing flight flight segments. SAS let me know that it could take up to 3 weeks for my points to be credited. At the end of those 3 weeks, SAS let me know that they had forwarded my request to LH, and that it could take up to another 3 weeks for my points to be credited.

LH eventually confirmed the points for 3 of the 4 flight segments, but I am still due 2500 basic points for the 4th segment. I have since started the same dance again, first bringing it to the attention of [email protected], but it has been over 3 weeks since then and I have no indication that my request is being taken up with LH again. As I write this I am looking across E4 at the SAS offices in Frösundavik (Stockholm), so I am tempted to walk over and see if anybody there can help. Has anybody else here found a more effective and reliable way to deal with this kind of situation?
What was your booking classes? It may have been a class not eligible for accrual, though normally they are feeding that back specifically. (Not all legs necessarily have the same booking class)
If you were in premium economy with Lufthansa for the long-haul, there were for a while an issue that one (or more?) of the booking classes were not in the SK earning chart.
I would give member service a call, they should be able to tell you what happened.
As far as I know all SK employees should have moved from Frösundavik to office in Arlanda, so going to Frösundavik will most likely not achieve much.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:09 am
Original Poster

The crazy thing about it is that three of the four segments have been credited (after prodding), and the fourth was the return half of the premium economy from FRA > KWI that was credited. I am not getting any explanation for why they missed it or chose not to credit it initially, just a complete lack of meaningful response.

PS - The only reason I mentioned Frösunda is that I could see the building with the SAS logo on it from where I wrote the original post.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The crazy thing about it is that three of the four segments have been credited (after prodding), and the fourth was the return half of the premium economy from FRA > KWI that was credited. I am not getting any explanation for why they missed it or chose not to credit it initially, just a complete lack of meaningful response.

PS - The only reason I mentioned Frösunda is that I could see the building with the SAS logo on it from where I wrote the original post.
Can you check your booking class? Premium economy is the cabin class, underneath there are more than one booking class. For business class, C, D, J, Z, P are all booking classes.

I wonder why the left the logo on the building? Did the unions manage to keep someone there?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:20 am

Probably too expensive to take down the logo. See that often... Company logo on a long abandoned building because it costs too much to have it removed.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:53 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Deleted
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

LH801 2015-10-27 Y ARN FRA
LH634 2015-10-27 N FRA KWI
LH635 2015-11-02 N KWI FRA
LH802 2015-11-02 Y FRA ARN

Same ticket number for all 4. Credit was given for 3 of them, but not LH635 (booking class N, just like LH634, which gave 2500 basic points).

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Can you check your booking class? Premium economy is the cabin class, underneath there are more than one booking class. For business class, C, D, J, Z, P are all booking classes.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LH801 2015-10-27 Y ARN FRA
LH634 2015-10-27 N FRA KWI
LH635 2015-11-02 N KWI FRA
LH802 2015-11-02 Y FRA ARN

Same ticket number for all 4. Credit was given for 3 of them, but not LH635 (booking class N, just like LH634, which gave 2500 basic points).
Call EB rather than keep writing. I have had problems with TAP flights posting, as TAP claimed I was not on the flight despite having a boarding pass. They should be able to tell you the exact hold up in the system if you call
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice! The last time I called them they just referred me to the ebretro email address. I'll have to be a bit more persistent next time.

Call EB rather than keep writing. I have had problems with TAP flights posting, as TAP claimed I was not on the flight despite having a boarding pass. They should be able to tell you the exact hold up in the system if you call
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the advice! The last time I called them they just referred me to the ebretro email address. I'll have to be a bit more persistent next time.
My TAP issue got pretty quickly resolved after calling them. However, if you have not done the manual claim yet when you call that will be their first fall back. So make sure to mention that the manual process is stuck.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:48 am

Which number do you call?
I have a week old CPH-SFO flight not posted yet (but the subsequent UA flights as well as the SFO-CPH have posted). Normally I would just sit tight, but this leg will make me Diamond - and I have the full family in a transatlantic flight in a few days. I could use the Diamond perk there.

And on top a plus to biz point upgrade in SFO cost me 50k points that was deducted - but there is not point activity on the account proofing the deduction was made - they simply disappeared. I am getting more and more frustrated with SAS and SAS IT complete incomptence
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Which number do you call?
I have a week old CPH-SFO flight not posted yet (but the subsequent UA flights as well as the SFO-CPH have posted). Normally I would just sit tight, but this leg will make me Diamond - and I have the full family in a transatlantic flight in a few days. I could use the Diamond perk there.

And on top a plus to biz point upgrade in SFO cost me 50k points that was deducted - but there is not point activity on the account proofing the deduction was made - they simply disappeared. I am getting more and more frustrated with SAS and SAS IT complete incomptence
Unless you go through the normal motions of waiting the minimum time for credit and making a retro claim that fails, your call is not going to have much point as they will point you to complete these steps first. The advice quoted was after a longer ordeal.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Just got off the phone with a customer service agent who was unwilling to forward my call to a supervisor. She said that [email protected] has a backlog and is currently dealing with requests from mid-December. She also said that the only possible way of communicating with those who can address these types of situations is through email.

I have yet to see any communication from that office that does not promise that requests will be handled within 3 weeks, so the current 6-7 week delay is troublesome. One of my jobs is teaching Service Management, and in the past I have worked at a call center and been an administrator, so I feel for those who must bear the brunt of disappointment from promises made by management and not delivered upon, but this is a bit upsetting.

To top it off, the most recent direct answer from SAS on this matter was on 29 January from Noora S. at the EuroBonus Retro Center, indicating that my request had been forwarded to LH. That could be interpreted as promising, but it was addressed to a Ms. Kristiansen. The fact that I am a man and have a substantially different last name makes me a bit less enthusiastic about this than I might otherwise be.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:31 am

Unless you go through the normal motions of waiting the minimum time for credit and making a retro claim that fails, your call is not going to have much point as they will point you to complete these steps first. The advice quoted was after a longer ordeal.
Wrote to the Gold e-mail. 2 hours later the flight was retro-registered - and status upgraded. Good job SAS customer service covering for SAS IT ^
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Yet another reason why I have missed being Gold these past months. Hoping to fix that soon. (Helps to explain the inordinate level of effort over just 2500 basic points.) ;-)

Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Wrote to the Gold e-mail. 2 hours later the flight was retro-registered - and status upgraded. Good job SAS customer service covering for SAS IT ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.