Search

Flights within Norway

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 3:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Flights within Norway

I'm flying from Oslo to Bergen and then Bergen to Alesund in late May, early June.

For OSL-BGO, found an SAS flight on a 737.

But for BGO-AES, there were some choices which I am unfamiliar with, with planes operated by Wideroe and Jet Time.

The hours for the direct flight weren't the greatest. No flights before 1 PM for June 1st, so we'd have to leave luggage after checking out of Bergen hotel.

I ended up booking the Jet Time flight which had an SK flight number. The Wideroe flight was WF on some plane called the De Havilland.

The Jet Time flight is on a Aerospatiale/Alenia ATR 72. Probably some kind of prop plane?

Is there going to be overhead luggage space for the 21 inch rollers on that plane?

The only Boeing 737 flight that day, which was a direct flight, not going to OSL, was after 9PM. I know the days are long at that time of the year in Norway but I don't know about hanging out in Bergen 10 hours after checking out of hotel.

Are these odd flight schedules the result of the small market for that flight or the long days there in the late spring?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 3:57 pm

The Dash 8s from Wideroe and the ATR 72 are both Turboprops:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATR_72
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_Dash_8

The ATRs have surprisingly quite big overhead bins. Anyway, if you're roller doesn't fit (and also on the Dash 8) they will load it to the cargo area but unload and give it back to you at th etime of deplaning.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 4:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks. Seatguru.com had nothing on these.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 4:43 pm

both have 2x2 seating. Boarding is done from the entrance in the back, so choose a place as far in the back as possible. Also for having it a bit more quite although the ATRs are not that bad.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 4:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Well SAS site doesn't let you choose seats on these.

Just hoping for nice clear days to see the scenery below.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by wco81
Well SAS site doesn't let you choose seats on these.

Just hoping for nice clear days to see the scenery below.
Latest at OLCI you can select a good seat.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:02 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Boarding in front for WF

Originally Posted by fassy
both have 2x2 seating. Boarding is done from the entrance in the back, so choose a place as far in the back as possible. Also for having it a bit more quite although the ATRs are not that bad.
The ATR-72 boards from the back, the WF DH-8s board from the front.

The Jettime flights with ATR-72 are SK wet leases, with standard SK domestic service (i.e. Plus and Go).

The WF routes are operated by Widerøe, a separate company, until recently owned by SAS, but now only partly owned. I get my SKD mainly from WF, so I fly them a lot. AFAIK they are not part of *A. One gets basic points in Eurobonus, but not necessarily on other *A programs. Thus SK flights are better. The DH-8s have smaller overhead lockers, too small for a 21 inch cabin roller. I would have thought the ATR-72 overhead lockers were too small as well, but as I usually travel with a WF DH-8 combatible bag, I don't get to test it!

As for service, WF does not serve free Food in Plus; all is buy on Board.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I have no problems in the ATR 72 with my 21" / 55cm cabin trolley. Mine is not overly thick, but I guess that 10" / 25cm is still working fine.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by ksu
The ATR-72 boards from the back, the WF DH-8s board from the front.
Last time in GOT on GOT-OSL they boarded the Dash 8 from the rear door.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:55 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by ksu

As for service, WF does not serve free Food in Plus; all is buy on Board.
Might be because it is an international route, but on my last ABZ-SVG operated by WF I had some food: a small box with beef, salad, a salmon on bread and some fruits.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 6:45 am
ksu

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Might be because it is an international route, but on my last ABZ-SVG operated by WF I had some food: a small box with beef, salad, a salmon on bread and some fruits.
The thread was specifically about domestic flights on WF, international is different.

Actually, WF serves free breakfast on certain domestic flights to all passengers. This is on the longer commercial flights, not the government subsidised flights, operated by -300 and -400s)
Old Feb 2, 2016, 6:52 am
ksu

Originally Posted by fassy
Last time in GOT on GOT-OSL they boarded the Dash 8 from the rear door.
Using external airstairs I presume?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.