Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Need some help - adding luggage to booking...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: *S(SK EBS), Marriott Platinum Elite

Hi all, reaching out to hopefully get some help on behalf of my mother in this case.

We have been booking and using the (most of the time) cheap fares between CPH and HEL for her to come to visit me and my family. My mother is set to come visit us again in December, and she just finished booking her tickets last week. The fare was cheap, as usual, but she failed to noticed that she now booked Go Light tickets which allows for 0 luggage.

My mother has a medical condition which requires her to bring a substantial number of items with her when she travels, due to this, having only the hand luggage is not sufficient.

I am a bit surprised of this new? travel class, but I understand and respect that she booked it and should have checked it properly.

Now to my problem...due to her medical condition, as mentioned above she needs to have 1 additional piece of luggage with her on top of the hand luggage. I volunteered to help her sort this out, and I have tried to first of all purchase this additional luggage allowance By logging in to modify the booking and then adding the luggage then pay for it. Using 3 different credit cards, this has failed every time... I get the following errors:

•Din bokning är bekräftad men dina specialönskemål kunde inte bekräftas för dessa flighter. (4609) (your reservation is confirmed but your special requirements cannot be confirmed for these flights)
•Ditt urval innehåller tjänst(-er) som inte är tillgänglig(-a). (119223) (your selection contains Services which are not available)

I am Limited with time, but will try to call to SAS to sort this out...but since the reservation is not in my name, I am not sure I can do anything on the phone on behalf of my mother ? And she for sure wont be able to handle this on her own...
I could have chatted to Customer Service, but the chat seems unavailable, or at least impossible to find...

Any friendly soul out there who can lend a helping hand ?

1. Can someone please point me in the direction of where I can find the chat option on the SAS web page ? I have looked, and I can get as far as help - if you need to chat us the option below....but there is nothing showing.

2. Is there any way for my mother to get to bring the additional luggage for free due to her medical condition ? (this thought just came to me)

3. Anyone else had these problems while trying to modify bookings online ?

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Found the chat option, chatted with a rep for a few minutes. Imagine how hard it was to find!

No guidance or information around the errors online, I was just told to call a Danish number to Buy the additional luggage over the phone.

Was also informed that SAS IT has been notified about the issue...
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
SAS IT, sigh ...
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Oh but wait, there is more to this....

I tried to do this online a few times spread over a few days, and finally gave up and called the customer service who happily charged my credit card and it was a done deal.... or so I thought...

Togday, I can now see that each time I have tried to add luggage to this booking online, it has charged my card! So I have been charged 5x for one bag. After the first failure, I did check to see that it didnt charge my card just to be sure. But it seems that there was a delay with the charging.

Just tried the chat again, and just had time to explain my situation, before the chat was ended by the agent, and now it seems closed.

So, they have (potentially) 200€ of my money, and I have to call to Sweden or Denmark again to sort it out
Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:51 am
Original Poster

After another chat - followed by another call to Sweden I was told that I have to wait at least 1 week before the money will be credited back. Today is 6 days since the first charge, so they were not able to help me...

I will have to call back on Monday again.

I know that this is just a minor problem and that its not a disaster, and that I will get my money back etc. I just find it interesting how much effort I have to put into this because their online payment service is NOT working and actually charging customers even though the purchase is not confirmed. Afterall, all I wanted to do was to add some luggage to my mothers reservation, quick and easy... But I have so far spent quite a long time resolving this in various chats, phone queues etc and still I have to call them back again. Not once have I been asked for my number so they can contact me back instead once its fixed. I guess I am just not demanding enough ?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
If this comforts you, last year I tried three times to ticket a reservation on UA+SK (UA stock) that did not go through after booking online. Each time it took like 2 hours on the phone with an agent ... have never experienced so slow service on any other airline than UA, like if these people had all the time in the world. The thing has not ticketed any single time. At that point I thought that I already spent more time on this reservation than it was worth. As soon as it cancelled automatically I booked AA.

SK has many weaknesses, and lack of respect and no service attitude is chief among staff, but they are at least reasonably efficient in my experience.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 8:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
In the US, medical equipment can be carried onboard and does not count against the carryon allowance. You might check to see if there are similar regulations which apply to her flights.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion Doc, I will be checking with them if not now then I will at least follow up for next time.

@Wazow, sounds like you had a very bad experience there for sure. I have in all honesty not really had that many problems with SK, I used to use them all the time for both business and pleasure even. But a lot has changed in the last 5 years

I still have not received my money back I have a block on my credit card for around 200€ and my bank cannot release it because they say it came from an authorized source.

I am about to make my ~10th call to SAS to try to sort this out. Cannot do this via email because its about CC information.

I will be _very_ wary of ever using their web service to pay for anything at all in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.