Search

Rebooking from SK to LH.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS/A* DIAMOND/GOLD, GHA Black, HHonors Diamond
Rebooking from SK to LH.

Hello.

I'm flying our of IAD today on the SK at 17.15. I'll be running late, and would indeed love to rebook to the LH419 at 18.30.

Is that even possible - and if so, how can I do it most cost-effectively? I'm flying on and originally plus-ticket bumped to a business via optiontown. (Which sadly, might complicate things a bit)

Any advice much appreciated.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 4:55 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Not possible, you'll just have to buy the LH ticket separately and void the original SK ticket.

Alternatively sacrifice some virgins and pray that your deity of choice will cause IRROPS on the SK flight and that you get rebooked on LH.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 5:16 am

Just as a heads up:

If you cancel the SK flight, you will need to FIRST call OptionTown to reinstate your old ticket, THEN call SAS for the cancellation.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 5:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
To put this in perspective for you, the cheapest tickets on LH today are running in the US$ 2,800 range.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS/A* DIAMOND/GOLD, GHA Black, HHonors Diamond
Yes, I saw that. Thanks. Surely that would be too expensive. Just have to catch it then. Unlike most of the people in here, I still have a really bad anxiety issue on the TATL. Forecasts show really bad rumble out on the open sea, so the 747 with LH would've suited me a lot better than the 330 at SK.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Your local Walgreens or equivalent will happily sell you sleeping aids to notice nothing about your flight. Strongly recommended if you have anxiety flying on long flights.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:09 am
Suspended

Hi don_hansen - how did it go? I hope everything went smoothly.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Forecasts show really bad rumble out on the open sea, so the 747 with LH would've suited me a lot better than the 330 at SK.
I do not get your point.
Simple physics will tell me that a 747 wont be able to simply avoid turbulence.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by warakorn
I do not get your point.
Simple physics will tell me that a 747 wont be able to simply avoid turbulence.
A theory that the bigger the plane is the less it is affected by turbulence? I have heard that point before, I have no idea if it is true.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
A theory that the bigger the plane is the less it is affected by turbulence? I have heard that point before, I have no idea if it is true.
Or 4 engines on the 747 vs 2 on the 330? Doesn't make a difference for turbulence though

At least I can say most consistently calm flights I had over the last years where on the 380, even across the Intertropical Convergence Zone. But that just might have been pure luck...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.