Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access at CPH for Premium Economy?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access at CPH for Premium Economy?!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2015, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Question Lounge Access at CPH for Premium Economy?!

Simple question… do I get lounge access when booked on Premium Economy through CPH?! (flying Germany-China). Heard from some people that I do, but info seems to differ depending on who is talking.

Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: Lifetime SK*G, FB Gold
You will have access!!

http://www.flysas.com/en/uk/travel-i...lounge-access/
Old Jul 25, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
You also have lounge access as a EB Silver member during July and August. A roundtrip in Y+ between Germany and PEK should get you most of the way there.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 6:20 am
Suspended

"Plus" is the word you're looking for. Once you have that, the rules are easy as 1-2-3 to google.

I don't know why SAS insists on calling it "Go" and "Plus", but "Plus" is = Premium Eco.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
"Plus" is the word you're looking for. Once you have that, the rules are easy as 1-2-3 to google.

I don't know why SAS insists on calling it "Go" and "Plus", but "Plus" is = Premium Eco.
^

Especially since many passengers seem to think that "Go Plus" is a cabin name. Way to go SAS for your brilliant marketing team.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:17 pm

I don't know why SAS insists on calling it "Go" and "Plus", but "Plus" is = Premium Eco.[/QUOTE]

Scandinavian companies "dont allow" their employees (guess its a tax-thing) to travel in Bizzness class,so SAS have always called its Bizzness Class for something else (in Scandinavia).
For the last years,their Bizzness class are called "PLUS",because of that.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by dznyboy

Scandinavian companies "dont allow" their employees (guess its a tax-thing) to travel in Bizzness class,so SAS have always called its Bizzness Class for something else (in Scandinavia).
For the last years,their Bizzness class are called "PLUS",because of that.
While it is true that Scandinavian companies were quite quick to restrict business class flights on short haul, it has absolutely nothing to do with tax reasons. This started long before SK got rid of business class. SK started with Economy Flex (as it was called back then) back in 2003. To compensate for the many companies not allowing business class travel. It eventually was renamed Economy Extra, with business class still around. SK abolished business class in Scandinavia in 2002, introducing the one class service concept "Scandinavian Direct", which relatively quickly died as a term. Some years later Economy Extra was introduced on intra Scandinavia. To provide a bit of service to the higher value tickets. In 2013 business class on European routes was removed, Plus did not replace business class. It was Economy Extra that was renamed.

If you go further back, 1982. Business class was born under the term Euroclass. This was when first class on European flights was abolished. So a bit the same as business disappearing and Plus appearing. Euroclass as a term disappeared in the mid 90'ies, after which it was business class.

So in short, no tax reasons. SK have used the term business class in Scandinavia. And I have flown quite a bit of business class for Scandinavian companies..

:-)
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:59 am

Interesting enough my employer (one of Sweden's big ones) has a strict 'economy only' and 'cheapest bookable ticket' policy for the lowly soldiers in the ranks but due to the corporate contract Plus is often enough the cheapest option in the booking tool

Regarding taxation, one thing is they say all miles/points earned on business trips need to be used for business trips to avoid extra taxation. I guess in the end nobody cares. But it is not about the cabin class, that is purely a financial decision.

I flew a couple of times SK European business class and to be honest wasn't to impressed with the product anyway. Only good thing was the free middle seat, the food was as horrible as we are used to now

Last edited by fassy; Jul 29, 2015 at 7:06 am
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
Interesting enough my employer (one of Sweden's big ones) has a strict 'economy only' and 'cheapest bookable ticket' policy for the lowly soldiers in the ranks but due to the corporate contract Plus is often enough the cheapest option in the booking tool

Regarding taxation, one thing is they say all miles/points earned on business trips need to be used for business trips to avoid extra taxation. I guess in the end nobody cares. But it is not about the cabin class, that is purely a financial decision.

I flew a couple of times SK European business class and to be honest wasn't to impressed with the product anyway. Only good thing was the free middle seat, the food was as horrible as we are used to now
The food on European business class used to be quite nice. Though the last couple of years before European C was closed down the food quality dropped gradually.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:23 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The food on European business class used to be quite nice. Though the last couple of years before European C was closed down the food quality dropped gradually.
Even food in economy class was good at that time :-)
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Originally Posted by Jespersm
Even food in economy class was good at that time :-)
Long before my time obviously

I though SK food was not great since the day I first set foot on a SK metal in 2010. Never bothered to much since I usually do not expect any restaurant class dinner on a short hop in Europe and mostly do not take the meal even on LH, OS or LX in favor over having my laptop on the tray table - I rather spend 40€ in the hotel restaurant for getting real good dinner.

What is more disturbing is the mediocre quality of the long haul C class meals.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by fassy
Long before my time obviously

I though SK food was not great since the day I first set foot on a SK metal in 2010. Never bothered to much since I usually do not expect any restaurant class dinner on a short hop in Europe and mostly do not take the meal even on LH, OS or LX in favor over having my laptop on the tray table - I rather spend 40€ in the hotel restaurant for getting real good dinner.

What is more disturbing is the mediocre quality of the long haul C class meals.
I first set foot on a SAS plane some years before and then food was already absent in European economy, for what I remember. The hot rolls in eco extra were nice, though. European business I never set foot on... This was some years before Go and Plus were introduced.

Long haul has been more or less something from the last few years. After one experience of regular economy with SAS, I always managed to get at least in Plus or Business. Not that food actually gets nice or tasty, though. Still prefer LH, LX or OS on long haul (and OS on European business class) when it comes to food. The experiences with food at SAS (also on Plus on European flights) can simply be described as 'underwhelming'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.