Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

GOT/OSL/ARN/CDG lounge construction in 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: EB*D, M&M, IHG, Hilton Hhonors

I'm at the SAS lounge in Göteborg at the moment and there is some rather loud building activity next door. According to two large signs in the lounge this is related to an expansion which will be finished in June.

As I spend my Friday afternoons in this lounge and it gets rather full at times, this is more than welcome. Now if they would also upgrade the food offering....
Old Apr 10, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Hope they will expand the ARN lounge as well. Second the need for improving the food.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 7:46 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Hope they will expand the ARN lounge as well.
+ 1
Old Apr 10, 2015, 3:23 pm

On the main info screen on SK936 today they wrote the OSL and ARN lounges will get expanded this year and should be done by September.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EB*D, M&M, IHG, Hilton Hhonors
I hope this includes the dark hole they call the domestic lounge in ARN. They are competing with the worst American lounges there...
Old May 11, 2015, 1:15 pm
mg_

lounge closed in CDG T1

got charged USD1.5 for juice on a flight where the ticket costs over USD300 from CDG to CPH + lounge in CDG has been closed for 2 weeks but when asked the Star Alliance Gold counter check-in agent for lounge, there was no mention of closure. all this to avoid giving lounge passes to another lounge? full cost carrier at budget service
Old May 11, 2015, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Did you fly Plus or Go?
Old May 11, 2015, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The shared Star Alliance lounge is in the Non-Scengen area, so unless you fly outside the Schengen area you can't access it. There is a Lufthansa lounge which you can access as *G, it is if I remember correctly in the next satellite so it is a bit of a walk.

As long as it is *A lounges, SK you can access them directly no passes needed. But it would require SK to inform a bit better. No signs at all?

What is happening to the CDG lounge? Refurb?
Old May 12, 2015, 1:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Only 1.50US$ for a juice? Thats cheap for airport juice... last month in LYS prices started at 2€

Re: refurb

Note: CDG Airport will make some maintance work/shift of the ventilation system in Satellit 7, and the SAS Lounge will be affected by this work. The work will take place during Mid April to June 2015.
There will be some limitations and changes in the lounge to be able to maintain the airport safety.
Old May 12, 2015, 2:03 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The shared Star Alliance lounge is in the Non-Scengen area, so unless you fly outside the Schengen area you can't access it. There is a Lufthansa lounge which you can access as *G, it is if I remember correctly in the next satellite so it is a bit of a walk.

As long as it is *A lounges, SK you can access them directly no passes needed. But it would require SK to inform a bit better. No signs at all?

What is happening to the CDG lounge? Refurb?
I've had the opposite experiences more than once at CDG: You cannot acces LH-lounge if you don't have a LH-flightnumber on your boarding pass. Security guys won't let you pass. But, you may use the non-schengen *A-lounge; just tell the passport guys that you want to go to the lounge, at that you are entitled to do so with you *G-status. You then have to go through passport control twice, but normally no problem, just a few minutes longer.
Old May 12, 2015, 3:01 am

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Jespersm
I've had the opposite experiences more than once at CDG: You cannot acces LH-lounge if you don't have a LH-flightnumber on your boarding pass. Security guys won't let you pass. But, you may use the non-schengen *A-lounge; just tell the passport guys that you want to go to the lounge, at that you are entitled to do so with you *G-status. You then have to go through passport control twice, but normally no problem, just a few minutes longer.
Full agreement with my experience. LH lounge impossible, non-Schengen loung no problem.
Old May 12, 2015, 9:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by Jespersm
You cannot acces LH-lounge if you don't have a LH-flightnumber on your boarding pass. Security guys won't let you pass.
That is because security check occurs in the satellite itself and there is no way for you to go to another satellite after that. Welcome to the crazy world of T1.
Old May 14, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for life
Originally Posted by alibi
I'm at the SAS lounge in Göteborg at the moment and there is some rather loud building activity next door. According to two large signs in the lounge this is related to an expansion which will be finished in June.

As I spend my Friday afternoons in this lounge and it gets rather full at times, this is more than welcome. Now if they would also upgrade the food offering....
I was in this lounge yesterday afternoon very briefly as was nowhere to sit, we were offered 110 SEK vouchers to use at the cafe as compensation as we were leaving, think managed to get nicer stuff than in the lounge with that and in a much nicer space! Worth asking at the desk if lounge is horrendously overcrowded or you don't want to hear constant banging from the expansion....
Old May 15, 2015, 5:16 am

Lounge news GOT:

Note: The lounge is under reconstruction and will be extended to approximately 400 square meters.
It is open during reconstruction, but some noise and disturbance may be expected.
Planned to be ready in the middle of June 2015.
OSL:
Note: The lounge is under reconstruction and will be extended with 400 square meters.
It is open during reconstruction, but some noise and disturbance may be expected.
Planned to be ready in OCT15.
ARN:

Note: SAS Gold lounge and SAS lounge are under reconstruction and will be extended to approximately 540 square meters in total.

SAS Gold Lounge will be closed from MAY15-JUN15 and will open again in mid July.
The guests are welcome to the SAS lounge or the POP Up lounge in Pier F.

SAS Lounge will be closed from mid July until beginning of September and the guests are welcome to the SAS Summer POP Up lounge in Pier F.
SAS Summer POP UP lounge in Pier F is open 11MAY15-31AUG15.
It is approximately 400 square meters and has a reception and travel service,
Wi-Fi, newspapers and magazines, restrooms and limited food and beverage service.
Old May 15, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
That data isn't completely accurate. The SAS Gold lounge was closed going back till at least the 11th which resulted in being redirected to the normal lounge which was overcrowded.

I'm also not sure how "SAS Gold Lounge will be closed from MAY15-JUN15 and will open again in mid July." make sense, doesn't that mean it is closed from MAY15-JUL15?

Haven't seen the "POP Up" lounge yet, will check it out on Sunday when on SK903.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.