Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Enhancements (real ones!) from April 1st

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Enhancements (real ones!) from April 1st

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2015, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Diamond
Smile SAS Enhancements (real ones!) from April 1st

Appears SAS are adding some real benefits for Diamond card holders as of 1st April - just hope its not an April Fools!

Taken directly from their web site: http://www.flysas.com/en/uk/eurobonu...evels/diamond/

NEWS! Free drinks in SAS Go, except alcoholic beverages on domestic flights. This includes 1 travel companion or max 4 familiy members

NEWS! You can access SAS lounges in Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm (except domestic) upon arrival with SAS, Star Alliance, SAS partners, code-share flights when traveling in Europe.

As a regular SAS traveller from the it would have been even better if I could have gotten my free drink in Go on the UK to CPH/OSL/ARN leg - but for once an we will all enjoy ^
Old Apr 4, 2015, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Those are actual enhancements, but I don't fly Go anyway, so ... I like the lounge on arrival. I've actually been flying not-SK for a while on most flights to mix things up a bit, as I didn't see the rush to reach EBD. This may push me to get those last .... 8,000 points sometime before september.

Last edited by FlyerTalker01565; Apr 5, 2015 at 5:18 pm
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: SK*G, AB Gold, FB Ivory, FB Petroleum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by YesIndeed
As a regular SAS traveller from the it would have been even better if I could have gotten my free drink in Go on the UK to CPH/OSL/ARN leg - but for once an we will all enjoy ^
You will get free drinks in go for all legs, but on domestic legs you can't get any alcohol for free, so you'll also get your free drink on UK to CPH/OSL/ARN.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:41 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Useless "improvements" once again for people who by default fly a class that includes free drinks.

Where are the upgrade vouchers, where are the meal/food improvements?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Useless "improvements" once again for people who by default fly a class that includes free drinks.

I am going to enjoy my next flight in Go where I will order a few Gin & Tonics ;-)
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Very fine enhancement, indeed.

I will appreciate both benefits.

Wonder why SAS hasn't communicated the news itself.

Bonusfeber.dk reported this on 2. April (and basically also in February).
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:46 am

For me these are just great enhancements.
Wonder how this work - will I have to ask for the drinks myself or are they offered?
Anyway nobody offered me anything this morning or perhaps I was just sleeping....
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:05 am

I will answer my own question.
Since SAS crew still cant see any difference between Gold and Diamond, You have to ask yourself. And you have to show valid card/phone app
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
This is crap. So jentelov people like me, will never ask for anything ...
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose

Well, one might argue that if you´re flying in premium classes by default then you wouldn´t need the upgrade vouchers anyway

I for one think any improvement is a good thing. And having free drink(s) onboard is a real benefit for any Diamond in SAS Go and either you or your employer will save some money here. Let´s just hope that we wont have to fight for the drinks with some FAs who didn´t get the memo.

Svantevit
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
Originally Posted by Svantevit
Well, one might argue that if you´re flying in premium classes by default then you wouldn´t need the upgrade vouchers anyway

I for one think any improvement is a good thing. And having free drink(s) onboard is a real benefit for any Diamond in SAS Go and either you or your employer will save some money here. Let´s just hope that we wont have to fight for the drinks with some FAs who didn´t get the memo.

Svantevit
You most likely will ;-).

Is this an added benefit? Absolutely.. But really? If they want to call themselves a premium carrier this should be free anyways(Just like Lufthansa, KLM etc) and not a top level diamond benefit..

Just another social experiment from SAS side to see whether or not their Diamond members will settle with so little.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by MrCharming
But really?
I agree with you completely

Svantevit
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Just another social experiment from SAS side to see whether or not their Diamond members will settle with so little.
What are you talking about? Once you've amassed 90,000 points you can get a free pastry server or two cheapo candlesticks! Those things run up to about €35 in a suburban decoration shop.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:14 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus
You most likely will ;-).

Is this an added benefit? Absolutely.. But really? If they want to call themselves a premium carrier this should be free anyways(Just like Lufthansa, KLM etc) and not a top level diamond benefit..

Lets hope the FA's knows....

I actually have gotten the "free drinks" treatment a few times already over the last 12 months when I want to pay with the Diamond / Mastercard. I guess that has been a jugdement from the indivual FA's at this point. Now it is a "rule"
Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:15 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
What are you talking about? Once you've amassed 90,000 points you can get a free pastry server or two cheapo candlesticks! Those things run up to about €35 in a suburban decoration shop.
This is Scandinavian sarcasm at its finest!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.