Search

Seat booking on SAS.dk

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EB Gold (*Gold)
Seat booking on SAS.dk

Hi

On a recently booked journey, which was booked by my colleague for me on expedia.dk i tried to select seats on SAS.dk - and first time around it worked fine. However, later when i wanted to change it (i sometimes move around to where there seems a likely chance of getting more space in the cabin). It simply said that, i had already purchased seats.

Is this a recent change? I didn't purchase the seats to begin with, i mean, i am Diamond and therefore i should be able to pick seats for free, but apparently it is no longer possible to change them? SAS finally did relent and said they would change them manually, even though they started out saying i should contact expedia. This seems like a bug somewhere, that because they added the ability to purchase them, they screwed something up for Diamand (and likely Gold).

Has anyone else encountered this?

Also, on the same booking is a segment with United, and although i can choose the seats that are Economy Plus in SAS interface, it does not seem to follow through to United. SAS only comment was that it was paid seats, why their interface let me choose them, they didnt comment on.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
It's not just seat choice. Every change on a SK ticket when booked via a TA should initially be done via the TA, be it rebooking, upgrading, cancellation, seat choice, luggage booking, fqtv program changes, etc.

I've encountered this on a few occasions in the past. Usually my TA first asks if SK can't do the change for me. It's a silly system, so therefore it seems to fit perfectly well with SAS.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:21 am

For the UA leg call UA and ask them to assign the E+ seat to you as your are *G.

Normally that works pretty well.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by fassy
For the UA leg call UA and ask them to assign the E+ seat to you as your are *G.

Normally that works pretty well.
Not for me. I got told a few times that upgrades to Y+ are only for MileagePlan Gold members.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by UltraRant
Not for me. I got told a few times that upgrades to Y+ are only for MileagePlan Gold members.
I'm UA S and I got Y+ seats without problem - called UA and have them assigned (I think the rule is available at check-in for UA S). AKAIK this is only for UA MP S or G but not *G in general.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EB Gold (*Gold)
Originally Posted by UltraRant
I've encountered this on a few occasions in the past. Usually my TA first asks if SK can't do the change for me. It's a silly system, so therefore it seems to fit perfectly well with SAS.
It is very silly indeed, as in this case the TA is expedia.dk and they just refer to SAS self service thing, for seat booking. So i am stuck in this circular reference hell. It feels like SAS is just taking the piss, but that might be accurate

fassy, thanks, i'll give it a shot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.