Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Eurobonus points from Air Canada flight Q

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r

I flew on Air Canada in July. I registered my Eurobonus # when I made the reservations.

In checking my points recently, I saw that I got points for just 1 flight {I had 2 flights going and 2 flights coming}. I flew from Boston to Halifax; Halifax to St Johns and then did the reverse coming home. Originally - I got 300 points for the flight from Boston to Halifax.

I used the the missing points form to request points for the flights. I have now been given another 300 miles for Halifax to Boston; still nothing on either of the flights for flights between Halifax and St Johns.

While the points would be nice, I am looking for the flights to register so that I can get Silver Status.

Am I missing something - shouldn't I get miles and flights for all 4 flights?

Thanks~
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:29 pm

Where the flights Halifax - St Johns on real AC metal or where there some on a code share with a local partner which is not part of AC Express?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: *G
If those legs were Q aswell they should indeed give you 100% miles. Try retroclaiming again or otherwise the chat might be an easy way to get in touch with SAS and ask what to do.

Interesting seeing the earning rates has been updated, 50% for low economy on Air Canada now.
And more updates both for partners and SAS themselves: http://www.flysas.com/en/eurobonus/p...s-charts/#tab3
No more earning 1500 points for any destinations, so switzerland is down to 1000, but MXP, NCE and others are up to 2000 points! (Sorry for OT)
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by studentCPH
If those legs were Q aswell they should indeed give you 100% miles. Try retroclaiming again or otherwise the chat might be an easy way to get in touch with SAS and ask what to do.

Interesting seeing the earning rates has been updated, 50% for low economy on Air Canada now.
And more updates both for partners and SAS themselves: http://www.flysas.com/en/eurobonus/p...s-charts/#tab3
No more earning 1500 points for any destinations, so switzerland is down to 1000, but MXP, NCE and others are up to 2000 points! (Sorry for OT)

Ouch. This is new to me. I got tricked into some ZRH connections ... Oh ... it is much worse than I thought. Poland AND Germany is now part of the nordics. It seems that I am going down to gold from Diamond in the next season. We could guess that this is not gonna last forever...
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by wazow
Ouch. This is new to me. I got tricked into some ZRH connections ... Oh ... it is much worse than I thought. Poland AND Germany is now part of the nordics. It seems that I am going down to gold from Diamond in the next season. We could guess that this is not gonna last forever...
...? That is a major change. I never understood how they justified 1000 miles for going to WAW but 500 is even below LO will give you on higher eco booking classes. Only the few extra miles I get through Gold will not make me pay twice the ticket price.

On the other hand 2000 for e.g. MXP seems excessive - especially as ZRH should be round about the same distance, right?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:45 pm

Hmm... other page - different story

http://www.flysas.com/en/uk/eurobonus/earn-points/airlines/sas/chart/

Edit:
I think the page is misleading. Germany and Poland have been Nordic+ before when it came to book a reward ticket but the earning was always as EU1. I guess they copied the wrong sections on the new page. I hope I'm right but my MUC-CPH leg this week posted with 1000 miles.

Last edited by fassy; Sep 18, 2014 at 3:56 pm
Old Sep 18, 2014, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
Hmm... other page - different story

http://www.flysas.com/en/uk/eurobonu...nes/sas/chart/

Edit:
I think the page is misleading. Germany and Poland have been Nordic+ before when it came to book a reward ticket but the earning was always as EU1. I guess they copied the wrong sections on the new page. I hope I'm right but my MUC-CPH leg this week posted with 1000 miles.
It seems to be a bit random what earning chart I arrive at, so maybe the new one was not supposed to be released just yet.

Originally Posted by fassy
...? That is a major change. I never understood how they justified 1000 miles for going to WAW but 500 is even below LO will give you on higher eco booking classes. Only the few extra miles I get through Gold will not make me pay twice the ticket price.

On the other hand 2000 for e.g. MXP seems excessive - especially as ZRH should be round about the same distance, right?
For MXP vs ZRH, they have to cut somewhere and the argument with an airport being very close will always be there no matter where they cut. I don't understand why they want to remove the step between 1000 and 2000, even less so I don't understand why they don't just run exact mileage. That works pretty well on other programs. You could argue that OSL LYR only earning for domestic Norway is a bit unfair. Of course the price for an award on the route is really good.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:43 am

I agree they should just go for exact mileage instead of the fixed earnings
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:25 am
Original Poster

It was Air Canada metal for all flights.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by DebitNM
It was Air Canada metal for all flights.
Halifax to St John are operated by Air Canada Jazz, which should still trigger earning. You might have to do a retro claim. But as long as it is the online version, it is usually pretty simple. If it ends up being the manual one, then it might take a while.

what was your booking class? (not class of service)
Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Where do you see that? Not in the link provided or on the normal earningchart-side. Still 500-1000-1500-2000.

I noticed the % as well. Small but very useful information, if you are not used to read the eaning-tabel.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Where do you see that? Not in the link provided or on the normal earningchart-side. Still 500-1000-1500-2000.

I noticed the % as well. Small but very useful information, if you are not used to read the eaning-tabel.
They changed it back, here's a screenshot of what the page was like:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/02b5tuq2qg...ening.png?dl=0
Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: SK-EBD
They changed it back, here's a screenshot of what the page was like:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/02b5tuq2qg...ening.png?dl=0
Strange!

Wonder if it was a mistake or preparations for an actual change.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Booking class T. I filed online for a second time to see if I get results. The missing flights are the 2 flights Halifax - St Johns segments.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by DebitNM
Booking class T. I filed online for a second time to see if I get results. The missing flights are the 2 flights Halifax - St Johns segments.
Booking class T doesn't give credit to EB on domestic flights :/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.