Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SK 909

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, United Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
SK 909

Hey everyone, my parents were on this flight CPH-EWR and it was cancelled due to mechanical issues. From what I gather now, SAS put them up in a hotel and gave them a cab voucher to get back to the airport. My question to you all is there any additional compensation? I know domestically airlines give compensation if they don't get you to your destination in 3 hours but I'm not familiar with international COC. To be honest, my parents are happy with SAS's handling of the situation. But they were due in EWR this afternoon and now will not get home until 6pm tomorrow. Any insight?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:10 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
On top of what was already done, SAS has to reroute them on the earliest opportunity to their final destination and unless the cancellation was due to extraordinary circumstances they are eligible for €600 cash compensation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_261/2004
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, United Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Extraordinary being a mechanical cancellation?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by PHLphan
Extraordinary being a mechanical cancellation?
No, that should be within their control.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
SK has previously declined to compensate for mechanical cancellations. I had the same with LO. I think classification of mechanical problem is somewhat floating in European practice in this respect.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 5:12 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
SK are pretty good with paying up for the compensation compared to other airlines. Just makes sure you know your rights and point that out in the compensation claim to the.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.