Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

moderator for the SAS EuroBonus thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Wikiposts are easy to create and maintain, since any interested member with 90/90 can create (Thread tools menu) and contribute to or edit to one. No mods needed, no worries about obsolete FAQs with huge threads to ferret out what's current.

All this senior mod can say is "Go for it! Power to the posters!"

I use the blue boilerplate when I create a wikipost because it gives basic detail and reminds members they can print out wikipost contents (to a PDF to save, if you have the software, or whatever).

Write on!
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver

No question is too stupid, yet I attempt to create one such.

Who is currently moderator in the SAS EuroBonus forums? I can't find anyone responsible as moderator. Which is a pity, as I'd like to propose a few enhancements there.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by UltraRant
Who is currently moderator in the SAS EuroBonus forums? I can't find anyone responsible as moderator. Which is a pity, as I'd like to propose a few enhancements there.
This old thread over Technical Support Forum has the answer for you. Or as our CD has explained it in the other thread:

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Click the red triangle. For all forums without assigned moderators, the message will go to the senior moderators. They will handle it.
You can find the list of Senior MODs here.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 3:40 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

UltraRant, if you wish you can talk to me
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Since your post is specific to SAS it has been moved to the SAS forum. A list of forum moderators is displayed in the lower right corner of the forum home page if a forum has its own appointed mod(s).

If there is no list of moderators on a forum's home page, then the forum is under the jurisdiction of the Senior Moderator team (as is the case with SAS).

As has been mentioned upthread, if you can contact the moderator(s) of any forum by clicking the small red triangle that appears in the lower left corner of every post:

A dialogue box will open that allows you to create a private message that will be received by all of the moderators who are responsible for overseeing the forum.

Good luck!

~Moderator, Information Desk

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Aug 25, 2014 at 11:48 pm
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
We aren't big enough to have a specific mod, so the Senior Mods help out when we have issues. As noted, just click the red triangle to get their attention.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Oliver2002 (LH/MM) has been our host for some time ....
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:55 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by livious
We aren't big enough to have a specific mod, so the Senior Mods help out when we have issues. As noted, just click the red triangle to get their attention.
humm...we in Finland have more than one mod on AY forum so at least once we are bigger than Sweden
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Oliver2002 (LH/MM) has been our host for some time ....
I think that's because he's a senior mod and thus has interesting buttons everywhere.

Originally Posted by FFlash
humm...we in Finland have more than one mod on AY forum so at least once we are bigger than Sweden
Not just Sweden, but Sweden, Denmark and Norway together...

Originally Posted by Prospero
UltraRant, if you wish you can talk to me
No, you are scary.

j/k. Thanks for the offer! I'll send you a PM.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
AFAIK the SAS forum frequenters are pretty civil and IMHO the forum generates hardly any demand that would require a full time mod. As mentioned above if you see any major issues, just report the post and one of the senior mod usually attends to it, Prospero and I are in Europe, Jdiver and L'etoile in the US, so we split the work as per time zone and availability.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:53 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
This way oliver has unintentionally offended the Finns
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by FFlash
Originally Posted by wazow
This way oliver has unintentionally offended the Finns

Hmm... the AY forum is similarly unmoderated (and has been since ages, the EB forum had mods in the past ).

Since I have a Finnish She.E.O. and two semi-Finns at home I will not dare to offend the Finns in any form or shape, no worries
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:00 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Finns also have more privately-held guns per capita than Swedes Fire. Ready. Aim.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
AFAIK the SAS forum frequenters are pretty civil and IMHO the forum generates hardly any demand that would require a full time mod. As mentioned above if you see any major issues, just report the post and one of the senior mod usually attends to it, Prospero and I are in Europe, Jdiver and L'etoile in the US, so we split the work as per time zone and availability.
This forum used to have a full-time mod. And I would consider volunteering for the role, but I doubt that would fly well with the lot that voices off on these things.

Last edited by GUWonder; Aug 28, 2014 at 6:08 am
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Hmm... the AY forum is similarly unmoderated (and has been since ages, the EB forum had mods in the past ).

Since I have a Finnish She.E.O. and two semi-Finns at home I will not dare to offend the Finns in any form or shape, no worries
Uhummm yes, you are correct, I was messying up things. Hahaha, I deserved that one.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:52 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
AFAIK the SAS forum frequenters are pretty civil and IMHO the forum generates hardly any demand that would require a full time mod.
Same applies to Asia Forum, with no designated moderator other than Senior MODs.

We aren't big enough to have a specific mod, so the Senior Mods help out when we have issues.
I would think this has more to do with forum traffic/demand than a size issue, even there are some folks who remain convinced size always matters.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:19 am

Usually members prefer no or very little moderation...

If you just want to create and curate guides and FAQs, the new wiki-thread system makes it easy, no mod priviledges required. @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.