Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Fast track at OSL for *G pax traveling in Y

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+

Anyone here that knows the official rules on who is allowed to use the fast track at OSL? I'm TK *G but not even the TK GS at OSL knows the rules and it seems to varies from day to day if you are allowed through the fast track or not.

The TK logo is on the screen at the fast track, together with lot's of other *A partners. Some say this only aplies if you are traveling in C, while others say there are access for all *G members, regardless of class.

The BP scanner in the fast track never gives the right answer with a TK BP, it flashes red even when traveling in C and it seems to be rather random if I'm allowed to pass, depending on the person staffing the entrance.

Should I, according to the rules, be allowed to use the fat track when:
* Traveling on SK in Y with TK *G status?
* Traveling on TK (or any other *A carrier) in Y with TK *G status?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by aulrik

Should I, according to the rules, be allowed to use the fat track when:
* Traveling on SK in Y with TK *G status?
* Traveling on TK (or any other *A carrier) in Y with TK *G status?
FastTrack is granted to:
SK*G - traveling on any Star Alliance carrier in any class or you are holind a business/Plus ticket on SAS

It is not a *G privilege. TK*G will only give you FastTrack if TK pays for it - which I doubt they do. So in both cases I would think the correct answer is "No".

Not sure about a TK C ticket though. I guess same applies as before - TK has to pay for it.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:58 am

Programs: SK Diamond
*G does not give fasttrack at OSL, unless it's SK*G. What classes give access with the different carriers I'm not sure of.

Last edited by FlightCancelled; Aug 18, 2014 at 5:34 am
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by FlightCancelled
SK*G does not give fasttrack at OSL, unless it's an EuroBonus card. What classes give access with the different carriers I'm not sure of.
SK*G implies it is a EuroBonus card
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by fassy
FastTrack is granted to:
SK*G - traveling on any Star Alliance carrier in any class or you are holind a business/Plus ticket on SAS

It is not a *G privilege. TK*G will only give you FastTrack if TK pays for it - which I doubt they do. So in both cases I would think the correct answer is "No".

Not sure about a TK C ticket though. I guess same applies as before - TK has to pay for it.
This sounds right to me, however; Why are there a lot of *A airline logos on the screen there, if only SK passengers have access? - Anyway, I was once rejected with a TK C ticket, I walked back to the TK ticketing office and a GS there walked me back to the fast track and made it very clear to the staff at the entrance that TK C pax should have access (done in a way I felt very embarrassing, my intention was never to question the way the lady at the fast track was enforcing the rules, I just tried to get a clear answer on when I could actually use the fast track).

Anyway; I guess the rules are as follow:
- SK *G have access regardless of class as long as it's a *A flight
- *G passengers have access when traveling in C on a *A flight
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:36 am

The airline logos mean that the airline pays for FastTrack under certain conditions - which are not printed on the sign. It could be C ticket, C ticket and Gold on their airline's FFP, C, ticket plus Gold on any *A FFP, same combination just in Y or something different.

There is no general rule besides: "SK *G have access regardless of class as long as it's a *A flight or you fly SAS Business/Plus"
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: SK Diamond
Originally Posted by fassy
SK*G implies it is a EuroBonus card
Yes, don't know where my attention was this morning. I was of couse supposed to write just *G.

Edit: It was posted two minutes before lunch, so I think I know where my attention was

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.