Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Compensation for missing entertainment on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Hi everybody,
I recently flew Scandinavian Airlines from Chicago to Copenhagen. The entertainment system was broken, so I wrote to SAS, but they won't do anything about it. Aren't they supposed to give me some kind of compensation?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Do you have any status, or flew Premium class? May help.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:52 pm

you might get some points as compensation if you yell a bit at them. If you sat in go though it might not be that much.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I am a Eurobonus Goldcard holder, but I was in Economy. They won't give me any points. Have anybody else had that problem?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:52 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
My wife received a 50€ voucher travelling in Y. It was one of those super promo tickets from March (2000 SEK t/r) travelling ARN-ORD. Status will not matter. They took quite some time to respond, but eventually we received a letter with the voucher.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:43 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Carlson Gold
I had the same experience when flying EWR-CPH July 17th in Plus.

I just wrote a complaint telling them I want to be compensated because I spend 30.000 points to get my girlfriend and I moved from GO to Plus to better enjoy the entertainment on-board etc.

I will update this thread once I get a response, it could be weeks I guess.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 3:49 am

Programs: EBG
It happened to me once on SK903 ARN-EWR and I got 5000 EB points as compensation.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: SK Diamond
I have never been in the situation myself, but I have heard of friends' friends travelling in C getting 15k EB-points as a compensation for not-working IFE.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
They usually compensate with a few EB points, although both the amount as well as their willingness to compensate are completely dependent on the person in the 'service' desk , handling your request. And it's dependent on the weather, the color of the socks of the manager on duty, the amount of cereals eaten at breakfast and a few other undetermined factors. At least this is very consistent with their opup-policy.

Just to name a few examples: SAS managed to miss my suitcase a few times. I got compensated up to 15.000 points (ok, they really lost it for 4 days) but also gotten advise 'go to your travel insurance, we're not responsible'. Same goes for rotten situations during flights. I once was put in a PLUS plane that didn't have service trolleys on board. Also got me a few thousand points. I once was in a plus seat where they ran out of breakfast before they reached me. Didn't get me anything because' breakfast isn't part of the regular service'. And on top of it all, I got between 0 and 5.000 points for the luggage not being among the first on belt, despite having a priority luggage tag.

My advise would be: if at first you don't succeed: try again and again and again. And get serious in your tone. Don't be an apologist. If one case won't get you anywhere, try again with a brand new case.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I didn't know that you got compensation for lack of priority luggage handling. This is interesting. If we all started to ask for it, we might be more effective than through a legal case.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:27 pm

I've actually been pushing them quite a bit on the priority luggage. I think they got sick and tired of the dozens of cases I sent in (I literally made a single support case for everything that went wrong) and just dumped a few thousand points on my account to get rid of my whining.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 2:33 am
kbl

Programs: SK *G, HH S
I got 3.000 points compensation for missing IE on a flight from ORD-CPH with the "new" Airbus they got from LAN. It was in SAS GO and it was of an award ticket.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond
When I upgraded with points from Economy to Business on ARN->EWR I got a seat with a malfunctioning TV. Just e-mailed the support after the trip and got 10,000 points for that. At that time I was EBG.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Carlson Gold
So I got a response from SAS customer service regarding the no IFE on my Sas Plus flight upgraded with points at gate from Go.

Both me and my girlfriend was each compensated 7000 Eurobonus points.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 4:46 am

0 to 10000 points for missing IFE or even a 50 Euro voucher. It's just so lovely to see the consistent inconsistency of SK in compensating its passengers again. Inconsistency is really the only constant at SK. And who doesn't love to fly with a highly unpredictable airline?

Maybe we should make a wiki entry of this topic and rename it to the SK compensation topic. Just categorize the type of compensation we like to have (missing IFE, downgrade, priority luggage, flight cancellation, delays, missing luggage, etc) and make an overview of how much the output may be. Also keep track of how many people got which compensation, for statistical weighing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.