Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Booked IAD - CPH Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond

It appears that I can't change my seat via flySAS.com. Can I only change my seat during check-in or via the phone?

Also, I'm intrigued by the somewhat separate business class rows 7-8 (as seen on SeatGuru), but cannot see these rows on either expertflyer or when I booked. Does anyone know whether these rows are only available at check-in?

Thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:44 am

There are different scenarios in play...

Normally you should be able to select the seat in advance on flysas.com, at any time when you are flying longhaul.
Perhaps you are in the twillight zone between lock down (not sure if that is 48 or 72 hours out) and check-in opens.

Perhaps the flight is operated by one of their aircraft does not feature the mini business cabin - i.e. an A330, the single A340 configured as an A330 or perhaps the backup A340 that is configured like... it just came out of the LAN Chile fleet (which it did ).
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: EBG (SK*G), HH Diamond
If you booked your ticket on another site than SAS you'll have to call them or use the chat function (or at checkin). The CPH-IAD route is usually flown by a A340 configured as a A330 so usually no minicabin on that flight unless they change the aircraft last minute.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Ahhh...thank you both. I'm flying out out Aug 26th on flight 926, so I'll be on an A340 (according to my reservation and flyssas.com). I had no idea they configured some of their A340 as A330s..is there any way I can check this? Seatguru still lists this specific flight as an A340 with an A340 cabin.

I booked through our business travel site (AMEX Travel via Concur), so I was able to choose my seat, but couldn't figure out why rows 7-8 weren't available.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: SK Diamond
Originally Posted by 311Hokie
I had no idea they configured some of their A340 as A330s..is there any way I can check this?
It's not some of their, it's just this one. The aircraft we're talking about is OY-KBM, the SK A340 in *A livery. It almost only operates on CPH-IAD-CPH. It's no way to check this if don't have access to SAS' internal systems, but still - if you're flying to or from IAD with SK, chances are you'll be seated in OY-KBM. If you want to change seats, they can probably do so over the phone.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Great, thank you all!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:44 pm

The mini business cabin is way overrated in my opinion. I don't like it and if given the choice always opt for the front cabin anyway.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
I thought it was a A330 that was painted in *A livery? Did it change?

If you check flightaware etc. then you can see that maybe once a month they bring this A340 out of service and then you will be on something else like the ex-LAN aircraft.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:21 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
OY-KBM is the A340 in StarAlliance livery, SE-REF (I thought) is the A330 in that livery.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:22 am

Programs: SK Diamond
Originally Posted by gnaget
No, SK have is one A340 and one A330 in *A livery. ^
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gnaget

If you check flightaware etc. then you can see that maybe once a month they bring this A340 out of service and then you will be on something else like the ex-LAN aircraft.
How can you see the tail number on flightaware? I only see aircraft type.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Thanks, guys. Interesting. I guess SE-REF used to operate IAD-CPH but they had more of a rotation before.

You have to enter the tail number. You can see that OY-KBM operated that route every day in past months. A few exceptions like July 1.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I flew this route IAD-CPH on 9 August and CPH-IAD yesterday. The aircraft was indeed the *A A340 that did not have the Business mini-cabin. I found Row 1 to be pretty quiet with minimal traffic past it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.