Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Lounge Oslo: Quiet Area becomes Staff Party area

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:08 am
sgm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

<rant>

I know Scandinavians are true believers in equality, but for me this takes the biscuit.

Sitting in the quiet area of the Star lounge in OSL. A uniformed SAS staff member comes along every so often to check up on her friend. The last time, they decided to play a video game together - and this is meant to be the 'silent area' of the lounge.

<rant over>
Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:13 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Well: why didn't you just politely ask them to respect that they were in the silent area?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: EBG (SK*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ksu
Well: why didn't you just politely ask them to respect that they were in the silent area?
Agreed, why not just ask them to please respect the quiet zone? Just do it with a smile on your face and I'm sure they would move to another area without getting upset. Stewards and stewardesses must be among those who appreciate not being disturbed, so I'm sure they wouldn't mind.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 1:49 am

Programs: Eurobonus
Playing video games = party ?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 2:22 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by SecretGuy
Agreed, why not just ask them to please respect the quiet zone? ...
One would assume staff is very well aware of it being a quiet area, and thus breking the rules deliberately. Your smilling approach might work or might render a very icey situation.

I'd be ranting too, one shouldn't have to police the staff.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 3:06 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
There could be a cultural issue here. The OP lists London as his location, and suggests that Scandinavian belief in equality is the reason for the disturbance. Norwegians and Brits are not that different in behaviour. One of the main differences, except for he class issue, is the British reluctance to correct people who are nuisances in public. There is no such taboo in Norway: if people are misbehaving, it certainly is allowed to correct the miscreants. We do not go as far as the Germans, though, where it is seen as a public duty to correct the behaviour of others! ;-)
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:37 pm

I'm in the OSL lounge a couple of times a week and usually there are no issues whatsoever. I see more often in CPH that staff is busy chatting with eachother instead of doing their job. But then agian, this is not just with SAS but pretty much every lounge I come across with *A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.