Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Free in-flight wifi on SAS flights, for SAS EuroBonus customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free in-flight wifi on SAS flights, for SAS EuroBonus customers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by wazow
Interesting. Another B787 victim it seems.
More a DY victim to be honest. Other airlines seem to have a lot better reliability on their 787s by now. And by far better back up solutions.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:51 am

Programs: SAS/A* DIAMOND/GOLD, GHA Black, HHonors Diamond
Is there any golden rule, to where these wifi-machines are operating? Im EBG, and thus have a fair amount of SK flights, however I've not one single time encountered metal with wifi in it.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 1:46 am

Programs: SK*Gold
I just flew OSl-AGP return. There was wifi outbound and none on the return. The wifi connection was good (although it cut out about 30 minutes before landing). I didn't need to enter my FF#, but I think it asked me for my name and email address.

Last edited by Amexpat; Jan 13, 2014 at 8:08 pm
Old Jan 13, 2014, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by don_hansen
Is there any golden rule, to where these wifi-machines are operating? Im EBG, and thus have a fair amount of SK flights, however I've not one single time encountered metal with wifi in it.
As there are only a handful of machiines equiped with the system, chances are slim.

I think the equiped ones are 737-800 based in ARN. So, you might highest chances on flights from there.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 2:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Schwert
Ask their US/long haul pax if thei agree with you :-)

SAS had 100% ontime flights from JFK to OSL during christmas, so I just say: Cobbler stick to your last!!

I would NEVER gamble and fly DY over SK!!!
SAS fly from JFK to OSL?

Most of my holiday period TATL flights in recent weeks that included SK flights across the ocean had substantial delays. It was bad enough that I ended up not flying SK and flew alternatives TATL. Fortunately my ticket booking habits and doing my TATL trips mostly with just carry-on luggage made it easy to give up on SK based on whatever factors I considered at the time.

Now, back to the core topic: it's rare that I end up on SK planes with any wifi. I'm more likely to have limited functionality wifi on DY flights than wifi of any sort on SK flights despite flying SK way more frequently than DY.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 2:50 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by don_hansen
Is there any golden rule, to where these wifi-machines are operating?...
Originally Posted by Amexpat
I just flew OSl-AGP return. ...
I have also encountered it on this route (Actually AGP-OSL). My guess (extremely uneducated) is that they match the wifi-equipment on routes & markets where the competition has wifi, ie norwegian.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
I have to say I end up very often with WiFi. I normally fly OSL --> AMS and OSL -> CPH and V/V. Most of the time when I get a 737-800 its with WiFi. Of course when I get the airbus, then I am still happy with the relatively new plane

SB
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Does anyone have experiences with SK linking the EB number you use for the wifi to the FFP account where you want the miles from the flight to be credited?

I have an upcoming flight on SK where I would like to credit the miles to somewhere other than EB, but I'm worried that if I enter my EB number to get wifi access, SK might put the miles on my EB account.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I would be seriously impressed if they did this linking What is more likely (but still very unlikely) they could cross your EB number with the flight manifest to check whether you are indeed on the flight. In such case you would rather be denied access to wifi. Most likely they do nothing

But I will be happy to have my speculations corrected by experienced fliers.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:40 pm

Hows the WiFi build out?
Old Feb 14, 2015, 1:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by strikerbird
Hows the WiFi build out?
Ahahahahahahaha!
Old Feb 15, 2015, 1:24 am

! That's what I thought.... (sadly)
Old Feb 15, 2015, 2:37 am
ekf

Aren't the retrofitted LH planes supposed to get WiFi? Think I read it somewhere, or maybe it was a dream
Old Feb 15, 2015, 3:27 am

retrofitted LH planes??? Huh? Mind explaining?

SB
Old Feb 15, 2015, 3:42 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by strikerbird
retrofitted LH planes??? Huh? Mind explaining?

SB
I guess the poster means long haul.

And yes, I believe so.

Svantevit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.