Wiki Posts
Search

Access to Lounge @ LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, AS*MVP75k, UA*G
Access to Lounge @ LHR

I am flying BA, but I am killing more than 4 hours @ LHR next week, and looking to book a Y/C full refund ticket, in order to access it, would this work?

Could I book a full flex ticket, access lounge, then cancel the ticket 30 min before departure, any fees associated with this?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:03 am

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Getting out of airside in LHR is a nightmare, don't do this.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, AS*MVP75k, UA*G
forgot to say that I am on a BA flight, so will still fly out of there - just need a SK ticket to access the SQ lounge still too much hassle?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sohb
forgot to say that I am on a BA flight, so will still fly out of there - just need a SK ticket to access the SQ lounge still too much hassle?
The SQ LHR lounge isn't worth the hassle to me and I often use the SQ lounge when flying SK, AC or UA out of LHR. Better to avoid terminal change headaches at LHR.

You could get a refundable BA business class ticket for a different flight destination from LHR, perhaps in a slightly different name, and use that to get BA lounge access after checking in online or at a check-in facility using your record locator.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 1:54 pm

He is obviously on one of the BA T3 flights. Why not check if there is a cheap upgrade offer to club on BA? They usually sell for £59-£99 assuming it is short haul. Or why not book a separate BA ticket and do the same?

But yes, it is possible - I once had to use a lounge at OSL and was flying on DY - I booked a fully flexible ticket and before my flight went to the ticket desk and cancelled the ticket free of charge with all monies refunded.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
With a Diners Card no hassle, just a small fee. Use “Terminal 3 Lounge”.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:33 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
And in January, you likely still have some "free" visits on your diners card.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
OT: Lounge preference at LHR?

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I often use the SQ lounge when flying SK, AC or UA out of LHR.
Is there any particular reason to use the SQ lounge instead of the SK/AC lounge?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:41 pm

Programs: OZ*G, AZ Gold, Etihad Gold, SK*G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by tourist
Is there any particular reason to use the SQ lounge instead of the SK/AC lounge?
Champagne - and better food.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tourist
The SQ*G LHR lounge is more often quiet/nearly empty when I am there, so it is far more relaxing than the SK/AC shared lounge there. I sometimes even have the entire place to myself with just the catering/cleaning lounge staff passing by.

Better drink selection too.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The SQ*G LHR lounge is more often quiet/nearly empty when I am there, so it is far more relaxing than the SK/AC shared lounge there. I sometimes even have the entire place to myself with just the catering/cleaning lounge staff passing by.

Better drink selection too.
And when it's not empty, you can be refused entry. I have been, as they claimed a Singapore flight was leaving soon and the lounge was too full. I had to return to the London Lounge (Star Alliance Gold, flying SAS).
Old Jan 10, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: EBG, FBG, SPG Gold, CC Gold, etc.
So, if you're an EBG member flying on an SK flight out of LHR, you can use the SQ lounge - presumably any *G lounge? Wow, I would've thought you had to use SK's lounge if they had one - interesting
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:36 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Yeah, that's the beauty of Star Alliance Gold... One more example: LH has a contract lounge at LIS, but as *G, you can also use the TAP lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.