Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SK operated by Mexicana click?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:34 am
Original Poster

SK operated by Mexicana click?

October 31st SK1522 ABZ-CPH is operated by QA (Mexicana click). Never heard of this before. Does anyone know what this is?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: SK EB*G
I think it's the reconstructed Cimber that's got a re-used IATA code.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seat56f
I think it's the reconstructed Cimber that's got a re-used IATA code.
Ah, that explains it then. The funny thing is that SAS website also says "flight operated by Mexicana Click". But it's probarbly just QI then.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 3:31 am

Cimber is moving to the QA code at the beginning of the winter schedule on 28OCT. Updating the reservations systems seems to take a while.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 5:06 am

Programs: Skywards GOLD, Eurobonus DIAMOND, Etihad Guest GOLD
Yeah - true Cimber A/S was founded 15/5 2012 after Cimber Sterlings bankrupts a few days earlier. They have been on QI code but should go to QA this fall. Cimber A/S is solely operating as subcontractor and will not have own routes. The ATR-72 that they got from the old compagny have all been painted in SAS color, so its only a tecnicality that the say operated by Cimber. As far as for EB qualifying flights it also count as SK steel when you fly QA operated flights. Wich it diddn't before. And the "good" old ATR-72s are still the same..... :-(
Glad i don't transfers often thrue BLL or BLL-OSL where they operate!!!!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: EBS
Originally Posted by Schwert
Yeah - true Cimber A/S was founded 15/5 2012 after Cimber Sterlings bankrupts a few days earlier. They have been on QI code but should go to QA this fall. Cimber A/S is solely operating as subcontractor and will not have own routes. The ATR-72 that they got from the old compagny have all been painted in SAS color, so its only a tecnicality that the say operated by Cimber. As far as for EB qualifying flights it also count as SK steel when you fly QA operated flights. Wich it diddn't before. And the "good" old ATR-72s are still the same..... :-(
1. If you flew with SK flights operated by QI on wet-lease, you still got points, and the flight counted towards segment qualification. If it was a code share, NO.

2. BLL-OSL is operated by SAS with a Boeing 736....
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:07 am

Cimber A/S is solely operating as subcontractor and will not have own routes. The ATR-72 that they got from the old compagny have all been painted in SAS color, so its only a tecnicality that the say operated by Cimber. As
Who knows for how long it will stay like that...I think the whole process is a poor joke for the old shareholders of QI. Basically its the same airline with the same people, just investors lost all their money.

The ATR is btw. not from the old company but comes dryleased from Swiftair. Some of the old ATR's are stored in BLL, waiting for better days. One was taken up by DAT.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 3:07 am

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
a bit OT but there is another SK! that's US charter airline, not sure what else they fly but for sure MIA-HAV.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 5:21 am

Schwert and all , I need your help!
Where we could find official info about Cimber A/S status: movement from QI code to QA code and info that all flights with code QA are operated by SK on wet lease basis. Could you pls show me link on webpage or other way..
I need info ASAP. thanks in advance.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 4:02 am

Mysterious Mexicans still stalking the Scandinavia skies...

Originally Posted by SK989
October 31st SK1522 ABZ-CPH is operated by QA (Mexicana click). Never heard of this before. Does anyone know what this is?
I'm flying SK544 NCL-CPH on 05/03/13. The SAS website says "operated by Cimber". The Galileo GDS says "operated by Aerovias Caribe SA DE CV."

This turns out to be a Mexican low-cost airline which once appeared to have some sort of relationship with Mexicana. Very little detail available, but Bloomberg does state that the CEO is a very comically named Mr. Isaac Volin Bolok.

Clearly it is still taking some time to get the IATA codes propagated through the system...
Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
I flew NCL-CPH and back this week. Planes were OY-RJH and EC-JOD - both Cimber metal.

I didn't think the planes were that clean inside but I highly recommend connecting at CPH - 10 minutes in-between gates (including passport check) meant that I made my tight 35 minute connection very comfortably.

This is a nice alternative to going via AMS. My usual MME-AMS-ARN flight was going to cost £1,150 in Y (last minute) but NCL-CPH-ARN was £400 cheaper for Y+ (dont think Y+ is worth it, just it was the only ticket available).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.