Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS EB points transfer to other star alliance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I am new to flyertalk....I used to live in Denmark where I accumulated a lot of points with Eurobonus SAS. Now I live in the US and can only use the points to fly from / to Copenhagen (as if I use them to travel to / from somewhere else are very very low value).
I would like to know if I can transfer them to another star alliance member programe.
can you please help?
thanks!!!
Jaime
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:46 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Welcome to Flyertalk. Your question has been moved from MilesBuzz! to the separate SAS EuroBonus forum where you will receive knowledgeable replies.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by xaima13
Hi, I am new to flyertalk....I used to live in Denmark where I accumulated a lot of points with Eurobonus SAS. Now I live in the US and can only use the points to fly from / to Copenhagen (as if I use them to travel to / from somewhere else are very very low value).
I would like to know if I can transfer them to another star alliance member programe.
can you please help?
thanks!!!
Jaime
Welcome to Flyertalk!

You cannot transfer your points to another Star Alliance program I'm afraid. But you can of course use your SAS points for award travel on any Star Alliance airline. The value of the points actually isn't that bad for flights from the USA. For instance a flight from USA (excl Hawaii) to Central America is 25000 points in Economy Class and 40000 in Business class, e.g. you can get an award flight from say Chicago to Belize for 25000 Eurobonus points.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA-1K
Originally Posted by SK989
Welcome to Flyertalk!

You cannot transfer your points to another Star Alliance program I'm afraid. But you can of course use your SAS points for award travel on any Star Alliance airline. The value of the points actually isn't that bad for flights from the USA. For instance a flight from USA (excl Hawaii) to Central America is 25000 points in Economy Class and 40000 in Business class, e.g. you can get an award flight from say Chicago to Belize for 25000 Eurobonus points.
And this rate is better than the 35,000 that e.g. United Airlines charges for an economy ticket ORD-BZE.
However, you have to book these tickets with a SAS agent, and you might be charged a fee for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.