Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Most cretinous web message award?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most cretinous web message award?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2012, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt: Plat, HH: Dia, Spg: Au, VS: Red, Accor: Plat, BAEC: Ag, Nordic Choice: Au
Thumbs down Most cretinous web message award?

Using OLCI,attempting to enter EB number. Message comes back -
"Contact the airport to register award program"

So, SAS recommend I contact BAA at Heathrow to register my EB account with them? I don't think so.

I'd like to nominate this message for a special award in the

"Cretinous Website messages"

Catgegory

FAIL!
Old May 27, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: SK, LH, BA, AF
Originally Posted by jfknight
Using OLCI,attempting to enter EB number. Message comes back -
"Contact the airport to register award program"

So, SAS recommend I contact BAA at Heathrow to register my EB account with them? I don't think so.

I'd like to nominate this message for a special award in the

"Cretinous Website messages"

Catgegory

FAIL!
Dear jfknight,

I would like to nominate this as: "Most Stupid Started Thread".

What flight are are you trying to OCLI and who is the operating carrier?? I would actually be a lot more helpful if you gave us some information, instead of this not so useful information in a new thread. If flying BMI, this might have something to do with it http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/E.../airlines/bmi/ and if so...I would contact BA at check-in.
Might just be me that is thinking so...
There have been various problem with the SAS webpage, I have experienced mine, and admitted sometimes the fault has actually been located at the end on my very own finger!

THammer
Old May 27, 2012, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt: Plat, HH: Dia, Spg: Au, VS: Red, Accor: Plat, BAEC: Ag, Nordic Choice: Au
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by THammer

Dear jfknight,

What flight are are you trying to OCLI and who is the operating carrier?? I would actually be a lot more helpful if you gave us some information, instead of this not so useful information in a new thread. If flying BMI, this might have something to do with it http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/E.../airlines/bmi/ and if so...I would contact BA at check-in.
Might just be me that is thinking so...
There have been various problem with the SAS webpage, I have experienced mine, and admitted sometimes the fault has actually been located at the end on my very own finger!

THammer
Flying SAS on SAS Metal, a regular trip for me, LHR->ARN. Nothing to do with BMI, or BA.

If you think i'm being stupid by being annoyed that SAS's own website won't accept an EB number at check-in, as I've done sucessfully before, then fine - it's your prerogative.

I actually took the time to check various threads relating to this, and tried various combinations of my EB number. None worked. Eventually I gave up trying to get the EB number in, and it accepted my BMI DC number fine, good job the flight is before 31 May though. The return isn't.
Old May 27, 2012, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Similar experience - logged in to EB account, doing OLCI, all's good until seat selection, FFP number disappears and cannot be entered anymore. Same message. I'm not so much bothered about the message as about having to make a trip to the c/i desk, which kind of kills the raison d'être of OLCI. (SK metal with SK flight #)
Old May 27, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: SK, LH, BA, AF
Originally Posted by jfknight
Flying SAS on SAS Metal, a regular trip for me, LHR->ARN. Nothing to do with BMI, or BA.

If you think i'm being stupid by being annoyed that SAS's own website won't accept an EB number at check-in, as I've done sucessfully before, then fine - it's your prerogative.

I actually took the time to check various threads relating to this, and tried various combinations of my EB number. None worked. Eventually I gave up trying to get the EB number in, and it accepted my BMI DC number fine, good job the flight is before 31 May though. The return isn't.
Thats good. Then we at least we determined what ticket and who is the operating carrier. The SAS webpage is (well)known for creating strange mishaps...But thats no excuse what so ever if they want to be an important player on the European (Scandinavian) market. Have you tried the LH webpage for adding your EB number? It very often does the trick for me.
If no other solution I would call them (might depend on your status with EB)?
Old May 27, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: SK*G, AS*MVP75k, UA*G

Are you for real, or do you work in SAS IT?

Cause the SAS website is the crappiest website (and filled with nothing but errors) in the entire airline industry, by using a ridiculous CMS, they have really shown that their understanding of the web space is below zero when it comes to delivering a service which me and other frequent flyers demand and most important -> deserve.
Old May 27, 2012, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down

Thats good. Then we at least we determined what ticket and who is the operating carrier. The SAS webpage is (well)known for creating strange mishaps...But thats no excuse what so ever if they want to be an important player on the European (Scandinavian) market. Have you tried the LH webpage for adding your EB number? It very often does the trick for me.
If no other solution I would call them (might depend on your status with EB)?
Sorry, but NO - and despite the fact that I almost like your use of the royal "we" - please stop using that tone - it does you no favours - seriously!

Why the hell should I try registering with (insert scheme- including LH) when all I want to do is lock in points to the same airline I have booked on, and am flying on. I am a frequent traveller on this route, I do not "do" chats at desks, my only stopping points are - security, a lounge and the gate.The point of my post was to highlight crap web messages - did you have a problem understanding that?

I repeat - "contact AIRPORT"???

Hello?

"(might depend on your status with EB)? "

EB: None,

You really did drink some kool-aid eh?

[I'd just like to add that now that the steam has stopped coming out of my ears, I would like to retract any of the above statements which might be considered in some way inflammatory. - please consider them deleted as of now]

But I did ask EB customer service about a status match for my DC - the reply was to fly lots more with them (SAS) until July to establish a travel pattern (already there on *a stats) and they *may* reconsider. - huh - hello Avios;

Last edited by jfknight; May 27, 2012 at 4:49 pm
Old May 27, 2012, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

BAA != BA

BAA = British Airports Authority

http://www.baa.com/

Last edited by jfknight; May 27, 2012 at 11:41 pm Reason: mistake
Old May 27, 2012, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Similar experience - logged in to EB account, doing OLCI, all's good until seat selection, FFP number disappears and cannot be entered anymore. Same message. I'm not so much bothered about the message as about having to make a trip to the c/i desk, which kind of kills the raison d'être of OLCI. (SK metal with SK flight #)
Almost exactly, though I was, after many attempts able to get my BMI DC number in there, but padded with leading zeros to 11 characters. It absolutely would not verify my EB number in any configuration.

My main point still stands though - why direct you to the 'airport' to resolve something only relevant to a specific airline?
Old May 28, 2012, 1:46 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I once got the same error message, flying ex-HEL on KF to ARN and onwards to TXL. The ticket was booked via an online TA (ebookers) and I had entered my EB number somehow incorrectly. The SK system then didn't recognize it and asked me to fix it at the airport. Took 15 seconds for the agent to fix it.

Unconvenient? Yes! Worth starting a new thread bashing SAS IT? Perhaps. A very big problem? No.
Old May 28, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
actually, the SAS website actually admits that this feature does not work. there is a little note to the right, I believe in the main OLCI dialog. I had a problem with this for a few weeks now. Also on SK flights under SK flight no and ticket no, bought on their website. it simply would not allow me to enter my EBG card.

irritating, yes!
Old May 28, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: EBS
I had a similar experience earlier this month. I bought the ticket on sas.no and when I did online check in The system told me to register the EB number at the airport. But when I got to the airport the EB number was already in the system.
Old May 29, 2012, 6:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Thanks to SK moving their systems completely to AMadeus Altea, you should be better off cleaning up your amadeus record using the LOT booking engine here: https://www.lot.com/de/en/web/newlot...ur-reservation

Its even better than the LH engine and neatly cleans all FQTV fields replacing them with the new FFP numbers. The OLCI will then work better.

Not really fixing SAS web IT issues, but a nice workaround.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.