Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

OT: ARN-SYD in C from 19.200 SEK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2009, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold

I just wanted to give you guys a heads-up on a current deal on Finnair/Cathay on ARN-HEL-HKG-SYD for only 19.200 SEK All-in!

Book on Expedia.com. Available dates from 19th January through March...

I booked two tickets...going to Australian Open! ^
Old Dec 29, 2009, 4:11 am

Good find!

I was able to get BA via BKK on return leg, I am not sure if CX has the new flatbed herringbone seats on all 330's.

Though I won't be booking, just bought a new apartment and need to be a little bit sensible. Sucks, I know
Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:05 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by view
Good find!

I was able to get BA via BKK on return leg, I am not sure if CX has the new flatbed herringbone seats on all 330's.

Though I won't be booking, just bought a new apartment and need to be a little bit sensible. Sucks, I know
Look for aircraft type 33B on CX, those birds have the new seats.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 7:28 am

Programs: VS/bmi Gold, CX Diamond, SPG/Radisson/Sirius Gold, PC/A|Club Plat, GHA Black, Hilton Diamond +++
Similar on TG F

A couple of months ago, Thai had a deal in F for about 25.000 SEK, FRA/MUC - BKK - SYD

Now they have a similar deal from LHR until 31 Jan:
http://www.thaiairways.co.uk/promotions/index.html

Fly Royal Silk Business Class to Bangkok with a
companion from £1,430 per person or Royal First
from £2,249 per person and you will both receive
a FREE domestic return flight*
Old Dec 29, 2009, 8:19 am

And if you chose to register an Executive Account with BA, or already have one you would earn 600 Tier Points towards status. And lets not forget the large chunk of miles!

400 needed for Silver. (4 BA flights, in any revenue fare, during the year is also required).

ARN - HEL = 60 TP
HEL - HKG = 120 TP
HKG - SYD = 120 TP
SYD - HKG = 120 TP
_________________ = Silver for Blue starting at 0, assuming 4 BA sectors during member year.
HKG - HEL = 120 TP
HEL - ARN = 60 TP
_________________ = 180 TP towards renewal (400) and Gold (800)

Great deal. Nice find ^
Old Dec 29, 2009, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Petrus
And if you chose to register an Executive Account with BA, or already have one you would earn 600 Tier Points towards status. And lets not forget the large chunk of miles!
I've already got a Qantas Bronze card with 80 status credits so far.

With them I'll earn:

ARN-HEL: 40 credits
HEL-HKG: 140 credits
HKG-SYD: 120 credits
SYD-BKK: 120 credits
BKK-HEL: 140 credits
HEL-ARN: 40 credits

Total: 600 credits (plus 80 stored) = 680. Gold is 700!
Old Dec 29, 2009, 7:16 pm

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
I booked two tickets...going to Australian Open!

I've already got a Qantas Bronze card with 80 status credits so far.

With them I'll earn:

ARN-HEL: 40 credits
HEL-HKG: 140 credits
HKG-SYD: 120 credits
SYD-BKK: 120 credits
BKK-HEL: 140 credits
HEL-ARN: 40 credits

Total: 600 credits (plus 80 stored) = 680. Gold is 700!
Plus
SYD-MEL: 10 credits (minimum in Y class)
MEL-SYD: 10 credits (minimum in Y class)
?

(seeing the Australian Open is here in Melbourne )
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:26 pm

Good stuff.

FYI: Qantas Gold = OW Sapphire.
FYI: BA Silver = OW Sapphire. In other words you would obtain OW Sapphire plus being nearly half way towards renewal and a quarter towards BA Gold (OW Emerald) if posting to BAEC.

Btw, I could not find the fare. I looked last night. Best was 32.000 SEK with OW.

Which dates did you use? I did not select a specific airline.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 12:48 am

Many thanks for posting this, Bjornstrom.
Petrus: Lots of dates between Jan and Mar e.g. 17/21 Mar on the expedia.com site.
Unfortunately it comes up with a message that I can not book on this site as a UK user (and with a UK credit card?)

Rajah
Old Dec 30, 2009, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Good stuff.

FYI: Qantas Gold = OW Sapphire.
FYI: BA Silver = OW Sapphire. In other words you would obtain OW Sapphire plus being nearly half way towards renewal and a quarter towards BA Gold (OW Emerald) if posting to BAEC.

Ah! I've never had any status with OW so I'll start looking into that stuff before leaving. Thanks!

Btw, I could not find the fare. I looked last night. Best was 32.000 SEK with OW.

Which dates did you use? I did not select a specific airline.
The offer is still there. Try outbound 9th Feb and return 23rd Feb ARN-SYD with "Business Class" on Expedia.com. Price is USD $2663.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 3:23 pm

Programs: skittles and m&m

400 needed for Silver. (4 BA flights, in any revenue fare, during the year is also required).

ARN - HEL = 60 TP
HEL - HKG = 120 TP
HKG - SYD = 120 TP
SYD - HKG = 120 TP
_________________ = Silver for Blue starting at 0, assuming 4 BA sectors during member year.
HKG - HEL = 120 TP
HEL - ARN = 60 TP
_________________ = 180 TP towards renewal (400) and Gold (800)

Great deal. Nice find ^
Are you sure about that? Silver entry= 600 Tier Points (including 4 BA flights) or 50 flights with BA
But in my case is only 1 BA flight from BKK to SYD and for silver card we need to have at least 4 BA flights.
IMHO only option is finnair plus where btw. u recieve 10k points if you joined before end of the year and flight in C with them. But dont know if you are able to reach some silver status there...
Old Dec 30, 2009, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by otherside
Are you sure about that? Silver entry= 600 Tier Points (including 4 BA flights) or 50 flights with BA
But in my case is only 1 BA flight from BKK to SYD and for silver card we need to have at least 4 BA flights.
IMHO only option is finnair plus where btw. u recieve 10k points if you joined before end of the year and flight in C with them. But dont know if you are able to reach some silver status there...
600 if membership registered in the UK or The US.
400 if registered in Europe

Yes, BA require you to have 4 sectors on BA metal within the year.
This means you would need to fly 3 times on a BA machine if one of the sectors mentioned above is on BA. Any cabin/fare counts, except miles redemptions.

I would assume most fairly frequent fliers based in EU/Scandi can find an excuse to fly BA to London two times in a year

Regardless, assuming starting at BA Blue with 0 Tier Points, you would have to spend the above 19.200 SEK + maybe 3000 SEK on two BA Euro Traveller returns during the year.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 4:39 pm

Programs: skittles and m&m
oh sounds great! thank you for explanation
Old Dec 30, 2009, 10:41 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
4 times BA flight number. Not necessarily BA metal.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:37 am
Original Poster

I'm really enjoying myself in HEL!

The new Finnair Spa is great with four saunas and two pools. Massages are €33 for 15-20 minutes. I actually fell asleep for 45 minutes in a lounge chair next to the pool.

The Finnair lounge is among the nicer (newer) I've seen. I'm sitting 20 meter from my A340 having a chicken salad. Boarding in 30 min!

Wing Commander Bjornstrom (yes - that's my title on Qantas FFP) is seated on 5J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.