Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

SFO is there a left luggage / locker storage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2006, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold

Afternoon all. I have a little MR coming up in November this year. Flying to SFO and then embarking on a SFO-MC-SFO (via a few other places.. ).
I will then be travelling onto LAS for my holiday. I am likely to have at least carry on luggage, but would prefer to leave the luggage at SFO to pick up on my way back some 24hrs later.
According to the SFO website there are lockers available, but i am wondering whether they haven't bothered to update the website and in reality there aer no lockers due to 'security issues'.

Can anyone confirm if there will be somewhere to store my bags whilst enjoying AA's hospitality...? Hotel room is not really prefered as i am arriving 4pm and coming back to collect 6pm the next day and didn't really want to pay for a room that i dont use and the connection time upon my return may prohibit this extra journey....

thanks people
dj
Old Sep 29, 2006, 2:00 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I'm pretty sure all the lockers have been removed or sealed off. There is a shop in the international terminal that will store luggage, but their rates are not listed.

Due to security regulations, Airport lockers will be out of service until further notice.

The Airport Travel Agency is a full service travel agency located in the International Terminal Main Hall, Departures/Ticketing Level, near the security checkpoint for Boarding Area G. Services include travel reservations, travel insurance, luggage storage, overnight express delivery, Notary Public, Western Union, faxes and photocopies.

Open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Telephone: (650) 877-0422

http://www.flysfo.com

You might also look in the San Francisco forum here on FT.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold
Originally Posted by tom911
You might also look in the San Francisco forum here on FT.
Thanks, just realised that i posted in the wrong place!
dj
Old Jul 13, 2007, 8:03 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold 1MM
Best place to dump luggage near SFO

Traveling DEN-SFO Monday with an early afternoon arrival in advance of the evening flight to SYD. Wanted to take BART into the city and will be traveling with carry-on luggage.

I don't believe there are any lockers at SFO, so looking for the best place to park my bags for a few hours while I head into the city. Thinking of perhaps going to an airport hotel and pretending to be a guest, asking the bellman to hold the bags. Anyone have a better option or suggestions on best/closest hotel?
Old Jul 13, 2007, 8:33 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Just take the first shuttle to come; there are a number of airport hotels in the vicinity of SFO.

And don't worry about trying to impersonate a hotel guest. Just tip the bell captain to hold your bags! The bell staff will be happy to accommodate you.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 9:44 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Let me move this to our SF forum for even more helpful discussion.
Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 11:10 am

There's a shop in the international terminal that will store luggage between 0700-2300.

http://www.flysfo.com
select "interactive maps"
select "services"
select "lockers and storage facilities"
Old Jul 22, 2007, 11:09 pm

It is the Airport Travel Agency. $8 for a standard rollaboard for 1 day.

BillJ
Old Jul 27, 2007, 5:31 am

And for somewhat longer periods?? Can you leave a suitcase in storage for 24 hours?

I'm planning to fly in to SFO around 2pm.. then start a "segment run" to MCO that night at 8:15. Back the following evening around 8......

So... 24 hours. Best solution (?) may be drop the bag at a hotel.. and STAY there for the night on return from the "run"... If I book a room it shouldn't be too much to expect them to store the bag for the 24 hours before surely...????

Recommendations? Needs to be close to the airport I suppose....

Last edited by trooper; Jul 27, 2007 at 5:38 am
Old Jul 27, 2007, 10:23 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a dump just south of the airport -- oh wait, it's closed because it's full!

Of course most any hotel would store your bag if you were going to stay there a few days later. A $5 tip when you pick up the bag (NOT when you drop it off) will do nicely.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 10:57 am

Back when the SFO website had more useful details:

Baggage storage is available at the Airport Travel Agency, located on the Departures/Ticketing Level of the International Terminal, near the security checkpoint for Boarding Area G. Open daily from 7a-11p. All baggage is x-rayed prior to storage.

Rates are assessed per each 24 hour period that an article is in storage, and vary according to the size of the object. Prices range from $3.00 per 24 hours for a purse or camera bag, to $15.00 per 24 hours for a bicycle or surfboard. The fees for regularly sized suitcases range from $6.00 to $10.00 per 24 hours. There is no time limit for storage services. For additional information, please contact the Airport Travel Agency at (650) 877-0422.
BillJ
Old Jul 27, 2007, 6:04 pm

Thankyou both!

Looks like both methods will work nicely..... Nice to have choices!
Old Dec 14, 2007, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Anyone know if this is still accurate?

As an alternative, are there lockers in the RCC (I'll have access via *G and J Int'l ticket).

Thanks,
S.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 9:23 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

No lockers in the RCC.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 3:51 pm

The airport travel agency is still in the international terminal right on top of the escalators that lead over to T3 (UA). I passed by it when I came into SFO on BART last weekend.

Tom in the Admiral's Club at HNL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.