Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Forbes: The 100 Best U.S. Restaurants

Forbes' 100 Best U.S. Restaurants
http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolm...s-restaurants/

Manresa in Los Gatos is #1 and TFL is #2. Other SF and North Bay restaurants make the list. Sunnyvale even has one on the list with Sawa Sushi. Have been meaning to try.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:29 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Baume in Palo Alto is also on there tied for #90. I go to Cho's pot stickers next door on a regular basis, but I guess that is a rather different experience!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:13 pm
Community Director Emerita

We ate at Husk in Charleston last year. We liked it to well we went back a second time.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: AA, HA, UA, DL, HH, SPG, Kimpton, Fairmont, New Otani, I Prefer
Some glaring omissions and shocking inclusions.

I don't know many sushi aficionados who would put Matsuhisa in the top ten sushi restaurants in LA, let alone top 100 restaurants for the US. Ditto for Morimoto. I also find it hard to believe that Dallas doesn't have single restaurant worthy to be top 100, let alone the entire state of TX... or one in all of Miami? The only restaurant in FL? Nothing in Colorado? Atlanta/Georgia? Only one in Seattle? But Momofuku has all three restaurants included?

The list looks like all the reviewers don't get out much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.