Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Let's post successful Swagbucks codes here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's post successful Swagbucks codes here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:30 pm

Swagbucks Question

Hi!

This is slightly off topic, but I didn't feel right starting a new swagbucks thread. Moderators, if I was wrong, feel free to move this.

Am I doing something wrong with my searches on Swagbucks? I have performed at least 200 searches and I have never won anything from my searches.

Let me tell you what I have been doing.

1. I am using Firefox as my browser and I am using the latest version.

2. I go to swagbucks and go to the home page and do my search in the box on the front page that says "search and win" next to it.

3. I put in my search terms, and in general I am putting in a place or something I might want to buy - for instance the last thing I searched on was "tickle me Elmo doll". I do get search results, but no swagbucks.

4. After I do my search and nothing happens (except search results) I go back to the front page and to where the box says "search and win". And repeat with a new search term.

So, what, if anything, am I do wrong? Since I have done so many searches I just don't believe it is a time issue, but maybe I am being unfair.

Thanks in advance for help with this.

Jaelle
Old Jan 19, 2010, 3:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Jaelle
Hi!

This is slightly off topic, but I didn't feel right starting a new swagbucks thread. Moderators, if I was wrong, feel free to move this.

Am I doing something wrong with my searches on Swagbucks? I have performed at least 200 searches and I have never won anything from my searches.

Let me tell you what I have been doing.

1. I am using Firefox as my browser and I am using the latest version.

2. I go to swagbucks and go to the home page and do my search in the box on the front page that says "search and win" next to it.

3. I put in my search terms, and in general I am putting in a place or something I might want to buy - for instance the last thing I searched on was "tickle me Elmo doll". I do get search results, but no swagbucks.

4. After I do my search and nothing happens (except search results) I go back to the front page and to where the box says "search and win". And repeat with a new search term.

So, what, if anything, am I do wrong? Since I have done so many searches I just don't believe it is a time issue, but maybe I am being unfair.

Thanks in advance for help with this.

Jaelle
Try just starting a new search from your search results page. Don't go back to the homepage to search again.

I've found that usually, the more specific the search, the more often I'll receive swagbucks.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:30 pm

Kipper, how many times per day do you get swagbucks for the detailed searches?
I usually can only manage two-morning and evening.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:47 pm

Programs: Skyteam
I get search bonus in the morning, evening and after midnight.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 3:00 pm

Sleep is more important to me than Swagbucks. I only try for two a day .
Old Jan 19, 2010, 4:24 pm

Jan 19 swagcode
http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-checkout&id=19311&catid=20

Worth 1 SB
Begins with DONATE
Expires 5PM PST
Old Jan 19, 2010, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by moo-moo
Jan 19 swagcode
http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-checkout&id=19311&catid=20

Worth 1 SB
Begins with DONATE
Expires 5PM PST
Thanks. I hope all FTers have donated to a Haiti relief organization somewhere. They really need the world's help.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by marlin
Kipper, how many times per day do you get swagbucks for the detailed searches?
I usually can only manage two-morning and evening.
If I only search early morning and evening, I usually can get 2 hits very quickly for each search, and I usually stop for a while after receiving 1, i.e., I won't push my luck and keep trying.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 8:19 pm

I hope that I am not sounding as if I am whining, but I still can't seem to get anything from my Swagbuck searches. I did a whole bunch over the last day or so, using the help people have posted, and still nothing.

I tried looking for very detailed merchandise - eg talking teddy bear blue, and nothing happens.

I have tried many searches and I have varied the time of the day. I have tried doing a bunch in a row and I have tried doing it roughly every hour, but only one or two searches and nothing works.

Where do the Swagbucks show up after you search? Could I be missing them?

Thanks again for any help you can give me.

Jaelle
Old Jan 19, 2010, 8:47 pm

I hope that I am not sounding as if I am whining, but I still can't seem to get anything from my Swagbuck searches. I did a whole bunch over the last day or so, using the help people have posted, and still nothing.

I tried looking for very detailed merchandise - eg talking teddy bear blue, and nothing happens.

I have tried many searches and I have varied the time of the day. I have tried doing a bunch in a row and I have tried doing it roughly every hour, but only one or two searches and nothing works.

Jaelle
When you win a swagbuck, rather than return search results, it will return a screen showing a swagbuck with the dollar value, and will say something like, "You've won swagbucks," and will have a return to search results button. It may ask you to enter a 3 digit code as well.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:17 pm

Jaelle, I tend to get points for my real name and for my nick/forum name...each one usually gets me a point each day (2 in total lol) and if I get lucky enough I get the toolbar words as well (But missed the one posted above)

good luck
Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by binabug
Jaelle, I tend to get points for my real name and for my nick/forum name...each one usually gets me a point each day (2 in total lol) and if I get lucky enough I get the toolbar words as well (But missed the one posted above)

good luck
From what I can tell it doesn't matter what word(s) you use when you search. It's all random AFAIK. I get at least 2 SB a day by performing random searches.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 3:31 am

Jaelle
also, make sure you check the 2d and 3d pages of search results. i almost never got any SBs until i learned that trick from pgary.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by crabbing
also, make sure you check the 2d and 3d pages of search results. i almost never got any SBs until i learned that trick from pgary.
did not know that, thanks for the tip
Old Jan 20, 2010, 3:19 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a code in the blog but I can't figure it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.