Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Make money using ChaCha!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Make money using ChaCha!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2008, 2:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
I think I messed up during the enrollment process....

Therefore
[email protected]

probably still needs a referral credited to him/her.

Sorry for messing up the chacha. I mean conga. ;-)
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:58 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Crown Room Club Member, United Mileage Plus, HiltonHonors
I passed the tests and was accepted as a guide. Please make me the next referral.

[email protected]

Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2008, 1:10 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
I think I'm over ChaCha. They can't seem to decide what they want to pay people. First it was .$20 a question, then $.15 for new guides, and now they're announced that the baseline is $.10 a question until you qualify as a "top guide" and then you'll receive $.20/per question BUT you have to qualify WEEKLY and you have to answer at least 350 questions/week to even be considered.

Sorry, but its not worth the amount of time it takes to be dealing with the hassle. To make $5 an hour you'd have to average 50 questions/hour at the baseline rate which is barely possible if you work non-stop and have a constant stream of queries.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
Originally Posted by jmscsc
I passed the tests and was accepted as a guide. Please make me the next referral.

[email protected]

Thanks!
You were accepted after the simulator? I went through all the tests scoring 93/100/100 on the three part written, studied the materials on being a good guide and ran through 10 queries on the simulator. I provided fast, accurate and complete answers but was rejected. Of course, ChaCha didn't respond to my request for an explanation of the rejection. Their loss!
Old Aug 6, 2008, 11:00 am

Programs: UAL DELTA AA
I was accepted with roughly the same scores, actually I think mine were worse by a tad bit...anyway, the entire work force is up in arms regarding the latest pay cut down to .10.

The forum has had 6000 mad/angry posts in 36 hours or so...quite the fiasco over there. I have made a bit less than $50 but not really worth the time spent.

You are not missing anything by not being there.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
After a whopping 10 days of Chacha, during which time I really only participated for a total of 3 hours, I'm done with it. I think I got about $15 or so. Absolutely not worth the effort it took, especially for the serious questions that often 3+ minutes to give a good and factually correct answer. I twice sent in SMS messages to ask another guide a question I'd been asked, just to see the reply. Both times the answers were demonstrably incorrect. I figure if that's the kind of person they are willing to settle for answering their questions, that's fine by me. Either way, I wish I could get back those hours of my life... Definetly not worh the $15.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by bpauker
After a whopping 10 days of Chacha, during which time I really only participated for a total of 3 hours, I'm done with it. I think I got about $15 or so. Absolutely not worth the effort it took, especially for the serious questions that often 3+ minutes to give a good and factually correct answer. I twice sent in SMS messages to ask another guide a question I'd been asked, just to see the reply. Both times the answers were demonstrably incorrect. I figure if that's the kind of person they are willing to settle for answering their questions, that's fine by me. Either way, I wish I could get back those hours of my life... Definetly not worh the $15.
Pretty much how I feel, especially in regards to other guides. I feel like ChaCha would better served by tightening their hiring requirements and paying more then pennies.

I almost feel like working until I have $100 just so I can cash out and not feel as if I've given them something for nothing.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 2:29 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
If you just got the Geology poll, vote for Session #5.

THAT IS MINE!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by jmscsc

[email protected]

Thanks!
I used jmscsc's referral. I just received an e-mail that I passed the simulator test and that I have been accepted as the ChaCha guide. Please refer me when you enroll. Thanks!

[email protected]
Old Aug 8, 2008, 5:07 pm

Programs: UAL DELTA AA
Originally Posted by Lutz
I used jmscsc's referral. I just received an e-mail that I passed the simulator test and that I have been accepted as the ChaCha guide. Please refer me when you enroll. Thanks!

[email protected]
Make sure you understand the compensation plan, it has chopped by half.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 10:02 am
Original Poster

edited

Last edited by kaelogus; Aug 18, 2013 at 1:22 pm
Old Aug 9, 2008, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
Originally Posted by kaelogus
It's actually pretty easy if you guys know what you are doing. I make around $6 an hour. maybe 7. Just answer them as quickly and accuratly as possible.
I've tried a couple simple inquiries and have yet to get an accurate response.

Last night I asked "When will the Carolinian arrive into Charlotte tonight?" First response told me the departure time that morning. Sent a clarifying question that I needed tonight's arrival time and was given the scheduled arrival time. Asked if that meant the train was on-time and was told it was.

It was actually running about an hour late.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 12:05 pm

$6 bucks an hour sound okay. That's extra gas money but all I got out of it was $10 bucks. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by kaelogus
It's actually pretty easy if you guys know what you are doing. I make around $6 an hour. maybe 7. Just answer them as quickly and accuratly as possible.
Even $6/hour means averaging SIXTY responses in an hour, or one every minute at the $.10 rate. No way that's happening. Even at the $.20 rate that's still one answered query every two minutes (assuming you can even get that many inquiries in a steady stream with no lag time in between). If you're answering questions in two minutes or less I am willing to bet many of your answers aren't 100% accurate.

Originally Posted by rhino08
$6 bucks an hour sound okay. That's extra gas money but all I got out of it was $10 bucks. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
See my response above. $6/hour average is a fluke if/when it can be done. Certainly, its not reasonable to expect this figure to be normal. I would say that for the average guide one could realistically expect to make $2-3/hour, depending on load and the type of questions you're getting.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 6:48 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Crown Room Club Member, United Mileage Plus, HiltonHonors
I just finished a full week with ChaCha and my initial positive reaction has softened. After answering 100+ questions a Guide came through and said some of the responses were not formatted according to ChaCha's guidelines, so he reduced 51 of my responses from a 15 cent payment to 2 cents. What a tremendous waste of my time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.