Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

How long for e-miles to post now that it is not automatic each quarter?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold

When 500 miles were transferred automatically by e-miles each quarter if you had at least 500 miles in your e-miles account, the miles would post to my DL account in just a few days after the beginning of the quarter. Now that you can transfer anytime that you have 500 e-miles, it seems to be taking much longer. I did a transfer on March 10 and it still shows as pending in my e-miles account. The website says that it can take from 8-10 weeks, but does it really take that long?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
It took about 4 weeks for my NWA miles to appear, IIRC. I initiated the transfer in early February.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Thanks. At least that's better than 8-10 weeks.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 10:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Richard1148
When 500 miles were transferred automatically by e-miles each quarter if you had at least 500 miles in your e-miles account, the miles would post to my DL account in just a few days after the beginning of the quarter. Now that you can transfer anytime that you have 500 e-miles, it seems to be taking much longer. I did a transfer on March 10 and it still shows as pending in my e-miles account. The website says that it can take from 8-10 weeks, but does it really take that long?
same with me, I cashed in on 3/12. Since then I havent clicked onto anything and once it does post to my acct, I'm dropping e-Miles ASAP. Way too long especially since I dont purchase anything, at the rate of 2 opps per week it will take me 1 yr to get 500 miles, no worth it,IMO. Id be very surprised if they are around this time next next year
Old Apr 1, 2008, 9:23 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Marriott Tit
I have been waiting since 3/5/08 for NWA miles to post. I keep earning miles because it takes almost no effort. Even if it takes a year to earn another 500 miles (which it did not to earn the first 500), they are essentially free miles.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 10:49 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by boulderlaw
I have been waiting since 3/5/08 for NWA miles to post. I keep earning miles because it takes almost no effort. Even if it takes a year to earn another 500 miles (which it did not to earn the first 500), they are essentially free miles.
Exactly.

My personal rule is never dump anything just because it is slightly inconvenient. Stay signed up, if you don't sign in and click, no big deal, but if you do click a bit, eventually get some miles... hey, those may be the miles that you otherwise may have needed to post here on flyertalk: "Help! I need 400 NW miles by tomorrow...who knows what posts fastest?"

Small miles, but no regrets either.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 2:21 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels
Exactly.

My personal rule is never dump anything just because it is slightly inconvenient. Stay signed up, if you don't sign in and click, no big deal, but if you do click a bit, eventually get some miles... hey, those may be the miles that you otherwise may have needed to post here on flyertalk: "Help! I need 400 NW miles by tomorrow...who knows what posts fastest?"

Small miles, but no regrets either.
Remember you must click once a month or you forfeit the miles.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 9:18 am

Programs: Continental Silver, Amtrak Select Plus
I put in an emiles deposit request on 3/5/08 (for USAir miles) and they posted to my account today.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 10:57 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
My last e-miles transfer to NW posted within 48 hours.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spartacus
My last e-miles transfer to NW posted within 48 hours.
E-miles or e-rewards? I know e-rewards posts fast to NW.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:57 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by Richard1148
E-miles or e-rewards? I know e-rewards posts fast to NW.
e-miles
Old Apr 3, 2008, 12:00 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by jt23
I put in an emiles deposit request on 3/5/08 (for USAir miles) and they posted to my account today.
Still no joy on my 3/5/08 NWA e-miles redemption.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 5:38 am

Programs: Priority Club RA, UA 2P
Requested 500 USAirways miles on Tuesday & received them on Wednesday.....
Old Apr 4, 2008, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Very inconsistent in amount of time it takes. Mine finally posted to DL today from the March 10 redemption.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 8:38 am
ecq

continental is taking a long time. i requested on 3/19 and still pending. when they did the quarterly depsoit, it'd be deposited in a couple days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.