Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Ebates Big Fat Check Day - [Master Thread for all things ebates]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ebates Big Fat Check Day - [Master Thread for all things ebates]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 5:49 pm

Programs: ECExec, SPGTitanium,, UAPlat
Received my $70 check today in the mail! Somebody shout! Shopping!!!

Question: Should we make sure the amount is correct? Are we automatically credited for purchases made through Ebates? Bear with me on the questions, this is my first check.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 8:44 pm

Got my check today.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 7:46 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Got my $800 chesck on the 20th via mail.
Just in time also as I needed a new phone and used this to upgrade phone/service.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:45 am

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
My old-skool paper check showed up in the mail today. $22.07 isn't anything to write home about, but I'll take it.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
HOW do you get that much!?!? If most places give 4% or less....that's allot of spending
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:54 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Just in time also as I needed a new phone and used this to upgrade phone/service.
HOW do you get that much!?!? If most places give 4% or less....that's allot of spending
bigguyinpasadena, I guess you don't have to wait for any price drop no more. With $88, you have MORE enough for 2 EEE PCs now.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
I do a LOT of online shopping for work.
And althought I did my 1k spending on AA.com for the xmas bonus-most of the stores I shop at give a better $ for $ return on ebates(unless there is a great promo at one of the Hotel/Airline Malls-which,sadly,was not the case this year )and cash is very good to have once you get to a destination via your free miles!
Old Feb 25, 2008, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by lin821
bigguyinpasadena, I guess you don't have to wait for any price drop no more. With $88, you have MORE enough for 2 EEE PCs now.
But I am a greedie lil' piggie and I want more for less!
Old Feb 28, 2009, 6:21 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Ebates.com - no February payment!

Anyone else here shop through Ebates to get cash back? I was supposed to get about $72 via Paypal on 2/15 but it never went through. I thought it might have been because the 15th was a Sunday and then Monday was President's Day but then another week went by without any payment.

I did a little internet research and found this on their blog:

Dear Ebates Member,

You may have noticed that your cash back payment from Ebates has not yet arrived - but please rest assured that your payment is in process.

Given the challenging retail climate, a large number of our retail partners have been slow to pay our commissions for purchases you made in November and December, and these commissions are what allow us to pay your cash back rebates. To ensure the largest possible payout, we have delayed processing your payment until the last possible moment. We will complete processing and send a payment this week that reflects all purchases for which we have received payment from the retailer.

Any payments not received by Ebates as of today and paid this week will be sent to you in a special payment as soon as we receive them. You will still see these orders as cash pending in your Ebates' account.

Our goal remains to pay members cash back as quickly as possible and we apologize for this inconvenience.

Kevin H. Johnson
President and CEO
Old Feb 28, 2009, 7:10 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
Log into your account and go to payout method. My patment was there as an electronic payment. The default is now to put it on a virtual Visa card unless you tell them you want a hard card or a transfer into your bank account. I'm really suprised they didn't make any effort to tell us about this!

Tatia
Old Feb 28, 2009, 8:57 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by tatia
Log into your account and go to payout method. My patment was there as an electronic payment. The default is now to put it on a virtual Visa card unless you tell them you want a hard card or a transfer into your bank account. I'm really suprised they didn't make any effort to tell us about this!

Tatia
Just checked - my account still is set for Paypal payments.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 9:19 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Just checked - my account still is set for Paypal payments.
Mine had been set for paper checks; they changed this without notification. It doesn't even seem to be an option anymore.

T
Old Mar 1, 2009, 7:24 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
some payments made

I think I believe them that it comes down to specific retailers. My wife received her full payment (about $20) on the 15th. A few days later I received $75 of the $90 they owed me. When I e-mailed to complain they sent me a similar message to what you received.

Interestingly, the one specific store not to be paid on mine was Sears, which just posted higher than expected earnings for the quarter, maybe their failure to pay some suppliers is part of the reason why.

If I might ask, which specific companies failed to pay on your purchases?
Old Mar 1, 2009, 12:28 pm

Just received my ebates check for $272.It was a little later than usual-but everything is there.
I have to say I am quite pleased with ebates.They are MUCH more efficient(and polite if there are questions)then the Marriott Rewards/AA(same company handles both) shopping portals.I am always having to chase the MR points.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
My payment arrived (via PayPal) on time -- actually, a day early (Feb. 14).

^

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.