Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

S.P.A.M. A guide to getting Miles and Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

S.P.A.M. A guide to getting Miles and Points

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2005, 4:22 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Originally Posted by pedersontb
Nice summary. How often do you update it?
As soon as people post something in here
Old Jan 1, 2006, 4:28 pm

Programs: American EXP, Hilton Diamond
Old Jan 5, 2006, 11:50 am

Programs: Plat AA,CO and Delta, Avis First
place to earn AA MILES

If anyone wants to see if they qualify for surveys you can earn AA miles here at http://www.opinionplace.com/

I go there everyweek and take little surveys and get 75 to 150 miles each week I know it isnt much but a miles is a miles these days

Last edited by SAFLYER66; Jan 5, 2006 at 11:52 am Reason: correct points adj
Old Jan 5, 2006, 8:41 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SAFLYER66
If anyone wants to see if they qualify for surveys you can earn AA miles here at http://www.opinionplace.com/

I go there everyweek and take little surveys and get 75 to 150 miles each week I know it isnt much but a miles is a miles these days
It's on the list
Old Jan 9, 2006, 3:26 pm

Programs: American Airlines
You can also receive AA miles by taking part in e-rewards opportunities.

Old Jan 30, 2006, 10:20 am

Programs: QF & NW Clubs. Will never buy another ticket on UA or US.
Some suggestions from me...

Could you create a new section for "online shopping comparison tools"? Would be useful to list WebFlyer's comparison tool, my site, Ronald's cross reference etc (you could even go so far as to list the programs that each covers - see http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432130 for the portals covered by my online comparison table)

As for programs - your tables are missing several shopping portals including:

Aloha Airlines
Amtrak
America West
Hawaiian Aitlines
Priority Club

Could you rename my site as "AndrewCram.com - rewards comparison tables" with the URL of http://www.andrewcram.com ?

Also for the credit cards section you might want to make note of the comparison tables for the different types of credit cards on my site as well as the special offers on FreeFrequentFlyerRewards.com etc (and the "which card should I choose" thread on FT). Basically there are 67 current US personal Credit and Debit cards directly linked to an Airline that are currently available, 8 hotel cards, and many many more with points - not to mention business cards, cards for non-US Residents etc, all in all more than really fits in the scope of this thread I think...

Oh, and a final minor comment - since you make a point of saying FreeFrequentFlyerMiles.com is courtesy of pgary maybe you can make a similar note about my site being courtesy of me?

Anyway, thanks for the thread.

ANDREWCX
Old Mar 21, 2006, 9:42 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Originally Posted by ANDREWCX
Some suggestions from me...

Could you create a new section for "online shopping comparison tools"? Would be useful to list WebFlyer's comparison tool, my site, Ronald's cross reference etc (you could even go so far as to list the programs that each covers - see http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432130 for the portals covered by my online comparison table)

As for programs - your tables are missing several shopping portals including:

Aloha Airlines
Amtrak
America West
Hawaiian Aitlines
Priority Club

Could you rename my site as "AndrewCram.com - rewards comparison tables" with the URL of http://www.andrewcram.com ?

Also for the credit cards section you might want to make note of the comparison tables for the different types of credit cards on my site as well as the special offers on FreeFrequentFlyerRewards.com etc (and the "which card should I choose" thread on FT). Basically there are 67 current US personal Credit and Debit cards directly linked to an Airline that are currently available, 8 hotel cards, and many many more with points - not to mention business cards, cards for non-US Residents etc, all in all more than really fits in the scope of this thread I think...

Oh, and a final minor comment - since you make a point of saying FreeFrequentFlyerMiles.com is courtesy of pgary maybe you can make a similar note about my site being courtesy of me?

Anyway, thanks for the thread.

ANDREWCX

Looks like the mother of all referral sites.

What did you use to make it? Dreamweaver or somethng like that?
Old May 8, 2006, 9:38 pm

thanks a lot!
--
[email protected]
Old Sep 6, 2006, 9:46 pm

Programs: QF & NW Clubs. Will never buy another ticket on UA or US.
Hi,

Just a note that my shopping comparison tools (much expanded) moved from AndrewCram.com to RewardsDB.com in May. Would it be possible to update the link and the description?

If you look at RewardsDB you will see a whole range of tools for earning miles/points/cashback for many activities etc.

Andrew
Old Oct 3, 2006, 11:08 am

Programs: Hyatt, HH, IHG, SPG, AA, WN
Just noticed the link to the Idine (Rewards Network) Continental program is broken.

Also you may want to add Midwest Airlines is now part of Rewards Network.

Thanks for all the info! I just go to the first post to link into all my programs and see if my dines have posted.
Old May 27, 2007, 2:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, AS Lifetime Gold (75K for this year), Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, OW Emerald
Links

Alot of the links at the top are not working...whoever has editing rights may want to update them.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 3:05 pm

Programs: Skymiles, Advantage, Dynasty

Nice, thank you. Just signed up for it.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 12:13 am

Programs: AC,SWA,*W PLAT
Originally Posted by ANDREWCX
Hi,

Just a note that my shopping comparison tools (much expanded) moved from AndrewCram.com to RewardsDB.com in May. Would it be possible to update the link and the description?

If you look at RewardsDB you will see a whole range of tools for earning miles/points/cashback for many activities etc.

Andrew
\

Thanks
Old Jul 23, 2007, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
Am I the only one getting tired of all the 'freebie' posts in the SPAM forum? Although the name of the forum is SPAM, it stands for Sites for alternative ways of getting points and miles (or something close to that, anyway). Why are all of these non-mileage posts tolerated? To me it's just clogging up the forum. If I wanted to get freebies I'd go to the freebie forum on Fatwallet.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 12:50 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MeLike2Travel
Am I the only one getting tired of all the 'freebie' posts in the SPAM forum? Although the name of the forum is SPAM, it stands for Sites for alternative ways of getting points and miles (or something close to that, anyway). Why are all of these non-mileage posts tolerated? To me it's just clogging up the forum. If I wanted to get freebies I'd go to the freebie forum on Fatwallet.
This has been discussed time and time again.

When I used to be a moderator we brought this up with Randy, and it was decided that freebies were OK.

You might want to ask that to the moderator, but please don't close this thread because this question.

I will do some housekeeping on the list, as it has been pointed out, some links ain't working

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.