Free is good, that's true. It's not as good as it used to be, in that it's harder to get points now and a lot of point opportunities that are there, are with sites I don't want to do business with- online casinos for example. I've never had a problem getting one of my awards.
Here's a tip about Mypoints--to receive as many e-mail opportunities as possible, check off EVERY box in your profile of interests. Also in their e-mails, if they give you the option of answering Yes or No to their offer, click on both.
Definitely Yes!!! I've been with MyPoints for a very long time. Got numerous rewards and even accummulated enough points one time to get a free roundtrip airline ticket. And boy, was that one hard!!! Do you know how tempting it is to get "other things" when you have so many points sitting there while you are trying to get that airline ticket? I can't believe I've actually resisted temptation. Could I do that one again? Probably not.
Anyway, MyPoints is a wonderful place to get so many things. I say, "Go for it!!"
1) The points from clicking email links post promptly.
1) Extremely slow redemptions.
I redeem 1K MyPoints for 1K HH points. In the past, it's been fairly fast. Lately, it's taken longer than 8 weeks (to post electronically - sheesh), and my latest has taken 11 weeks and 4 emails. Still no 1K HH points in sight. Others have also experienced problems.
2) Extremely slow/problematic awards. Using MyPoints as a shopping portal sometimes works very well, and sometimes not.
3) High redemption costs. Comparison shop the majors - AOLAA, MyPoints, ClickRewards, and MileMall.com, and you'll see that MyPoints doesn't offer competetive redemptions.
4) Long redemption buildups. If you are NOT using MyPoints as a shopping portal, and NOT taking advantage of the email points other than clicking links, it takes a rather long time to build up points.
5) Awful customer service. MyPoints has no phone # listed. The email address generates a useless auto reply, followed by "customer service". I have yet to resolve any problem with them thru one email - it has usually taken at least 2 or 3, and at least 10 business days. Compare this to ClickRewards.
Milesmall and Clickrewards both provide more reliable posting and better customer service (and yes I know CR is bankrupt).
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CutStyle:
1) Extremely slow redemptions.
I redeem 1K MyPoints for 1K HH points. In the past, it's been fairly fast. Lately, it's taken longer than 8 weeks (to post electronically - sheesh), and my latest has taken 11 weeks and 4 emails. Still no 1K HH points in sight. Others have also experienced problems.</font>
It's highly variable. Some people have had HH points post very late, but got a double serving. I put last redemption for 1k HH points in late last night and it had already posted to my HH account this afternoon. About 12 hours!
However, I had had problems getting physical vouchers sent out. Am going with the HH points from now on.
Does anyone know how to get to the actual refer a friend page? I can see about the program, but not where I can actually enter in friend's email addresses. I have tried it both logged in and not logged in.
Arts, Crafts & Hobbies
Books & Magazines
Computers & Technology
Finances & Investments
Music & Entertainment
Auto & Motor Vehicles
Business & Entrepreneurial
Family & Home
Health & Fitness
Shopping & Retail
You'll see "If referred by a friend, enter his or her User Name here:"
And many flyertalkers, as PG noted above, will be very pleased to refer folks "in need" including myself!
After first kindly using PG above, should anyone else want an additional referral, you may use my username: markwatson and I'll be pleased and you'll also get an extra free 150 pts too, as I understand it! Thanks!