Wiki Posts
Search

Sapsan Train on www.rzd.ru

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 3:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Sapsan Train on www.rzd.ru

Anyone successfully book on this site? I was able to enter all passenger details and train selection, but I keep getting a red error message.

Then tried to book on russiantrains.com but that site isn't letting me choose my seat. I'm getting a premium ticket so want to make sure I get one of the solo seats.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 5:47 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I had trouble last year of having rzd's site accept my cards. Ended up booking on tutu. it was a bit more expensive, but not worth the hassle of booking elsewhere. They send you etickets by email.

Last edited by Palal; Aug 10, 2016 at 5:35 am
Old Aug 9, 2016, 5:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palal
I had trouble last year having rzd's site accept my cards. Ended up booking on tutu. it was a bit more expensive, but not worth the hassle of booking elsewhere. They send you etickets by email.
Great, I ended up doing this. Thanks.

Last edited by pacolovestacos; Aug 10, 2016 at 3:08 am
Old Sep 2, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Miles & More, Aadvantage
I don't know why such a big company as RZD can't figure their sh*t out (sorry for language) with the payments. I tried to buy my tickets a few times with the US credit cards and it did not work.

Ok, I got the flight from Moscow to SPB instead of taking Sapsan. It's how they lose a business.

Their website is awful too, a lot of things are not explained and hard to figure out for foreigners.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA, HH
I am sure they would easily fix everything if they cared. This is going on for well over 10 years.

Another thing is that for every ticket sold _not_ on the RZD.ru, the company that belongs to the former chairman of RZD, would get a commission. Of course they would not want to fix the issue.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Never had a problem with UK credit cards. Agree the website requires a bit of work to figure out but worth it to avoid either travel agency fees or the pain of a trip to a physical ticket office.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: UA, HH
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Never had a problem with UK credit cards. Agree the website requires a bit of work to figure out but worth it to avoid either travel agency fees or the pain of a trip to a physical ticket office.
Well, I guess they only don't like passengers from the US.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 9:12 am
a7m

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
Originally Posted by daniiltimin
I don't know why such a big company as RZD can't figure their sh*t out (sorry for language) with the payments. I tried to buy my tickets a few times with the US credit cards and it did not work.
Some European companies don't accept U.S. card for rail tickets online. I remember trying all my cards to buy online a rail ticket for a trip in France. Succeeded only with one of out five cards. The problem is with US cards, on US end. I know we think we are super advanced in America, but our credit card system is way behind.

As far as RZHD is concerned, I had no problem buying a ticket with my Chase Amazon card but had all other Chase cards declined.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.