Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Renting a Car in Russia ( Moscow region specifically)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2016, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON

Anyone have any experience with this?

I can read cyrillic and speak well enough. A more complex conversation might require a translator. Can read road signs.

Yes I know traffic is bad, etc, but I need to go back and forth between nearby regions ( i.e Kaluga and along the Rublevo) I thought this might be more convenient.

My fear is getting stopped by a traffic cop or worse getting into an accident with someone well connected, which along the Rublevo road, very likely.

Last edited by OpenSky; May 3, 2016 at 5:54 pm
Old May 10, 2016, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by OpenSky
My fear is getting stopped by a traffic cop or worse getting into an accident with someone well connected, which along the Rublevo road, very likely.
I guess it all depends on your nationality. Russian cops prefer not to deal with foreigners from civilized countries, and actually not being able to speak Russian might be a plus in this situation. Just make sure to carry all necessary papers with you (i.e., passport, migration card, etc) especially when driving.

As for getting into an accident with someone "well connected", you just let the insurance deal with it. The "criminal" 90s are over

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.