Search

Canadian applying Russia Visa WithOut "Hosting company"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada SE, SPG Platinum
Canadian applying Russia Visa WithOut "Hosting company"

Is it possible for Canadian to apply for Russia tourist visa without the...
"Standart form of confirmation for foreign tourists CONFIRMATION is issued by the Russian hosting travel company."?

It seems that the tour packages are all very expensive...I just want to backpack around by myself. Is that possible?
Old Oct 25, 2014, 3:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
No, you can't apply without the confirmation letter. However, there are companies which will issue a confirmation letter for a small (or not-so-small) sum of money and you will be left free to arrange your own travel plans.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Be very careful.

The consulates know the names of the internet companies that will sell you a letter of invitation for $20. The guy at the consulate in Toronto in particular is a prick. You may be asked for pre-paid hotel reservations, and a day by day itinerary - this is of course easily solved by prepaying refundable reservations, but still a pain.

Once in Russia, you can do whatever you like.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Reserve a hotel that provides visa support, they'll redirect you to a site, you'll pay $20-50 depending on the hotel, a 3rd party company will email you a PDF of an invite voucher. Once you get your visa, refund your hotel.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Palal
Reserve a hotel that provides visa support, they'll redirect you to a site, you'll pay $20-50 depending on the hotel, a 3rd party company will email you a PDF of an invite voucher. Once you get your visa, refund your hotel.
Most hotels we looked into have smartened up and this will not work:
See an example
http://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsite...ian%20Visa.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.