Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access at SVO for a long layover

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Onepass Platinum
Lounge access at SVO for a long layover

Tomorrow morning my wife leaves with our daughter to travel to Novosibirsk for the first time in nearly 5 years (PDX-JFK-SVO-OVB). We're curious what may have changed since that time as far as lounge availability.

I'm able to pull up good info about the various lounges in Terminal D at http://www.aeroflot.ru/cms/en/flight/lounges_pr, but I was hoping for some direct recommendations from some who have been there recently. She's going to have a nearly 11 hour layover and packing around what will likely be a very cranky and/or tired 4 year old. I'm hoping I can direct them to a fairly relaxing/quiet place where our daughter can stretch out and nap if she needs to and mom can unwind. Another thing I can't seem to discern is if you can purchase access to the various lounges, regardless of whether you're actually a business class passenger (like you can in the U.S. and elsewhere). Thanks for any tips or advice!
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:54 pm
a7m

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
Originally Posted by Medic1
Tomorrow morning my wife leaves with our daughter to travel to Novosibirsk for the first time in nearly 5 years (PDX-JFK-SVO-OVB). We're curious what may have changed since that time as far as lounge availability...
The link you provided is for Aeroflot lounges open to elite SkyTeam flyers. If your wife is not one of them, not sure she can pay to get it (although I can be wrong - I never had to pay for it). I spent 8 hours in one of them once (overnight).

Sheremetyevo has some business lounges you can pay to get in. See http://www.svo.aero/en/business-lounges/c/

I have never used this one, so can't say what to expect. Perhaps someone else can advise. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.