Reload this Page >

Russian Railways online booking site

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Russian Railways online booking site

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Small update: I can't get any Chase card to work: Sapphire/Reserve/Ink/Slate.... However, no problem at all with either Citi Double Cash or Citi AA card.

YMMV, of course...
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Small update: I can't get any Chase card to work: Sapphire/Reserve/Ink/Slate.... However, no problem at all with either Citi Double Cash or Citi AA card.

YMMV, of course...
My Citi card is also working on the site as of yesterday and today.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: UA, HH
Originally Posted by jphripjah
My Citi card is also working on the site as of yesterday and today.
That's good to know
Old Oct 11, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
As someone else may have mentioned there is a "glitch" you need to be aware of. the site will ask you for your form of ID and the number. The first drop down two options say something like "Russian ID" and then "international passport" and then there are other options.

Your instinct will be to select "international passport" and type in your number.

That's wrong. You will get an error message when you later try to pay.

Don't select "international passport." Continue scrolling down the drop down and select "foreign document." Then put in your passport number. Then pay. It should work.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 6:10 am

In Russia, as in Ukraine and Belarus, there are no special problems with the purchase of train tickets inside the country, besides the huge number of intercity buses except trains, you can buy a ticket without passports and documents at all.

Last edited by Al Wolkow; Oct 26, 2017 at 8:19 am
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by Al Wolkow
In Russia, as in Ukraine and Belarus, there are no special problems with the purchase of train tickets inside the country, besides the huge number of intercity buses besides trains, you can buy a ticket without passports and documents at all.
While it is indeed easy to buy the train/bus tickets on the spot, you do need a passport to travel on intercity trains and buses in Russia.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
While it is indeed easy to buy the train/bus tickets on the spot, you do need a passport to travel on intercity trains and buses in Russia.
I meant "except trains", sorry, my mistake.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:49 pm

I was a bit afraid of purchasing the tickets on the official website rzd.ru but did it successfully yesterday using Chase Sapphire Preferred. No problems at all and saved like $5 per ticket by not buying it at tutu.ru (a reputable website for travel stuff in Russia).
Old Oct 27, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: KF
Registration on Online Booking

I once booked online through russian train website and printed the eticket after clicking the registration last August.

I read on their website that eticket (registered) can be refunded only on the departing station at least few hours before departure.

I want to be flexible, and I want to know if there is a way to do the refund online?
( I'm assuming one should not registered the ticket yet) i.e for tickets which allows it (like, moscow to irkstuk), so that it can be refunded ONLINE? Am I correct it? Someone already tried this process? Does the website have the ability to process purely ONLINE refund?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:58 am

I haven't tried to cancel an order yet, but I thought you could go to your account, then "orders," then "update order status," and then cancel/refund.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by cocoanibs
I was a bit afraid of purchasing the tickets on the official website rzd.ru but did it successfully yesterday using Chase Sapphire Preferred. No problems at all and saved like $5 per ticket by not buying it at tutu.ru (a reputable website for travel stuff in Russia).
I had a very good experience with tutu when I was last in Russia, but glad that RZD works now. The worst was actually dealing with Real Russia between their fees/markup and crappy service it wasn't fun.
Cheers
Howie
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: KF
I haven't tried to cancel an order yet, but I thought you could go to your account, then "orders," then "update order status," and then cancel/refund.
seems good to me, I might try.

ANyway, for the Sapsan, I remember they just scan my eticket using handheld device. Will it works for an eticket on my phone? ( I probably dont have access to printer)
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:25 am

I'm in Russia now, took 9 trains journeys this month, and it was very hit or miss as to whether they wanted a printout or just wanted my passport. I would strongly recommend printing the e-ticket "boarding coupon" ahead of time or printing out the ticket at the station.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Finally started booking tickets for our transsiberian adventure for the summer.

First card was rejected, but 2nd Visa went thru nicely using Verified by Visa.

Glad it was such a painless process

btw, if anyone is looking at tickets at 45 days out - they go on sale about 9pm Eastern.
If somebody have some problems with translation - i can help you.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:31 pm

I'm in Russia now, took 9 trains journeys this month, and it was very hit or miss as to whether they wanted a printout or just wanted my passport. I would strongly recommend printing the e-ticket "boarding coupon" ahead of time or printing out the ticket at the station.
Is it possible to print out everything you need before getting to Russia?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.