Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Overnighting at Vozdushny Express in airport or Novotel near airport (SVO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

A friend and I will be heading back from Sochi and will land in Moscow on our way home after midnight, before we travel back home later that day at 11am. I was initially thinking of a room nearby at the Novotel, but as we're getting in late (and will possibly be partied out the night before), I was also thinking about just going in through customs and staying in the Vozdushny Express in SVO's transit area.

Anyone have experience at this capsule hotel? All I know it's the infamous one that Edward Snowden stayed in, and after his time there, I'm sure he was tired of it. But just for one night, is it comfortable enough/showers/etc. and anything to be aware of?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: AA/BA/DL/US Air
[QUOTE=Anyone have experience at this capsule hotel? All I know it's the infamous one that Edward Snowden stayed in, and after his time there, I'm sure he was tired of it. But just for one night, is it comfortable enough/showers/etc. and anything to be aware of? [/QUOTE]

We've used the units outside security in the Train Terminal, fifth floor, several times. It was always satisfactory for the one night stay... in at 10 pm and out at 7 am. The only thing to be aware of..... I'm not sure you can still get a reservation at that time of year.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Thanks ncvet61. I'll have to decide with my friend which option to take. I hope the consulate is kind to us that we only have an invite letter from the Sochi hotel, but not from the hotel we're staying at for that one night (but that's another topic).
Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TravellingBeard
I hope the consulate is kind to us that we only have an invite letter from the Sochi hotel, but not from the hotel we're staying at for that one night (but that's another topic).
From what I've read around the web, the consulate might not approve of this. You might want to look into a blanket invitation letter from a site like travisa.com if you're not going to have invitations to cover every night/city of your stay, particularly if you are mailing off your visa application rather than visiting the consulate or visa processing center in person.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TravellingBeard
A friend and I will be heading back from Sochi and will land in Moscow on our way home after midnight, before we travel back home later that day at 11am. I was initially thinking of a room nearby at the Novotel, but as we're getting in late (and will possibly be partied out the night before), I was also thinking about just going in through customs and staying in the Vozdushny Express in SVO's transit area.

Anyone have experience at this capsule hotel? All I know it's the infamous one that Edward Snowden stayed in, and after his time there, I'm sure he was tired of it. But just for one night, is it comfortable enough/showers/etc. and anything to be aware of?
The one in the terminal above Starbucks is great. As said up thread, it'll suffice anyone for a night. Make reservations early though!!! They tend to book well in advance in my experience.

Also, try the Atlanta Hotel and Aviator Hotel (Google them) who are in the area with on order airport pick up and drop off 24/7 and are very safe and small hotels near SVO.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: EarlyReturns Summit
Are there any credit cards / clubs that include complimentary access to the VIP lounge in VKO (Moscow)?

I have an overnight layover there next month and saw the regular fee is $100+ to get it.

Also, where online can I get prices / book the Vozdushny Express mini capsule hotel?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by fishniw
Are there any credit cards / clubs that include complimentary access to the VIP lounge in VKO (Moscow)?
None as far as I know. J/F or elite FFP status (and even this does not apply for some airlines).
Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
I've looked all over to find a place to make a reservation at this hotel. Nothing works, not even their own website. Is it possible to just walk-in during mid-May! I arrive CEK-SVO on Aeroflot at 21:30 and depart 6am next morning on KLM.

Thank you!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by In2ishn
I've looked all over to find a place to make a reservation at this hotel. Nothing works, not even their own website. Is it possible to just walk-in during mid-May! I arrive CEK-SVO on Aeroflot at 21:30 and depart 6am next morning on KLM.

Thank you!
http://www.eng.v-exp.ru/ telephone: 8-800-550-02-42, +7(495)788-35-02
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:47 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Thanks but I still need help

I really appreciate the link. Unfortunately this is the link I was trying to use and something comes up over the screen and prevents input. Any suggestions? I am in the US
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by In2ishn
I really appreciate the link. Unfortunately this is the link I was trying to use and something comes up over the screen and prevents input. Any suggestions? I am in the US
I am in US also and I have no problems bringing up the site and clicking on "reservations". Today they show a 5% discount to book online. Try their Russian page and then click "eng" on the upper left side. Other than that and calling them, I don't know what to tell you.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 6:47 pm

In late august, I have a flight into SVO about 11pm and out again about 9am. We think we'd like to to stay in the V-Express suggested here. However, I don't seem to be able to make reservations past July on the website. Is that typical?

Given that my arrival is so close to midnight, how long might you expect it would take to disembark, go through customs (I assume you must do that to get to the hotel?) and get to the hotel. The price from 12:00 through 7am is half the price than it would be for the full "overnight" from 11pm to 7am.

Is there any chance there be any english speaking at the hotel?

Also, I feel silly, but I cant figure out how to add a second person to the room reservation, am I missing something?

Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by strawbearlyjamms
In late august, I have a flight into SVO about 11pm and out again about 9am. We think we'd like to to stay in the V-Express suggested here. However, I don't seem to be able to make reservations past July on the website. Is that typical?

Given that my arrival is so close to midnight, how long might you expect it would take to disembark, go through customs (I assume you must do that to get to the hotel?) and get to the hotel. The price from 12:00 through 7am is half the price than it would be for the full "overnight" from 11pm to 7am.

Is there any chance there be any english speaking at the hotel?

Also, I feel silly, but I cant figure out how to add a second person to the room reservation, am I missing something?

Thanks!
Bump? I'd really appreciate help, though I think I figured out most of it. Suggestions for payment? We plan to check in at midnight to do the "hourly" price rather than the overnight price. I'd appreciate suggestions for how early we should plan to check out for a 9:30am flight to the US. I'm thinking 8am should give us plenty of time?

Looks like pricing increases a lot when a second person is added, does that sound right?

Last edited by strawbearlyjamms; Jul 20, 2015 at 3:22 pm
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by strawbearlyjamms
Bump? I'd really appreciate help, though I think I figured out most of it. Suggestions for payment? We plan to check in at midnight to do the "hourly" price rather than the overnight price. I'd appreciate suggestions for how early we should plan to check out for a 9:30am flight to the US. I'm thinking 8am should give us plenty of time?

Looks like pricing increases a lot when a second person is added, does that sound right?
We usually arrive about 10-11pm and we get to hotel before our check-in time easily and just sit in Lobby until time. Checkout is busier both at hotel and security. You will have the Train arrivals to deal with and a lesser security check BEFORE the main security check. All bags coming from outside are x-rayed before entering the terminal and the train arrival area is coming from outside the terminal. We usually leave 2 1/2 hrs. before departure time, but I'm more cautious and don't like to rush-rush-rush. Besides, there is better food before final security IMHO.

Yes the price goes up for more people added. Be sure and do it before if you can or you might get a single bed in the room.

If you're still having trouble with the link I sent before try this site:http://www.interhotel.ru/moscow_hote...ess/index.php#
Old Jul 22, 2015, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by ncvet61
We usually arrive about 10-11pm and we get to hotel before our check-in time easily and just sit in Lobby until time. Checkout is busier both at hotel and security. You will have the Train arrivals to deal with and a lesser security check BEFORE the main security check. All bags coming from outside are x-rayed before entering the terminal and the train arrival area is coming from outside the terminal. We usually leave 2 1/2 hrs. before departure time, but I'm more cautious and don't like to rush-rush-rush. Besides, there is better food before final security IMHO.

Yes the price goes up for more people added. Be sure and do it before if you can or you might get a single bed in the room.

If you're still having trouble with the link I sent before try this site:http://www.interhotel.ru/moscow_hote...ess/index.php#
Thank you! Just to confirm, no Visa is required? Is this actually "IN" the Terminal? It sounds like it is just outside security, will we be able to exit security as US passport holders?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.